being united in the hereafter?

Tamana

exactly, i think also another problem, people are suppose to be doing salat, reading quran, not doing haram, people need to stop smoking and doing shisha and rejecting someone because of their skin colour. etc....

i know some people that dont get up for fajr or read quran.

wow brother seriously wow, you seem so passionate about these subjects, I have heard that revert are better muslims than most ppl who are born as muslims but I never believed it, now I agree with them, cuz u seem like such a nice person, I mean I was born as a muslim yet I dont wake up for fajr (only pray fajr in ramadan), really borther you are amazing, I hope allah helps you out

I agree with the skin colour, this cruel ppl really need to stop judginf ppl by their skin colour or cultures, its horrible

Tamana

i just turned 27 in June, when i was a non-muslim i was not a big drinker at all, rarely ever touched alcohol, i don't like what it does to people, i have never touched a cigarette in my life or done pills etc...

i use to go to rock night clubs, not clubs with dance music, i dont understand how i have avoided doing them things lol

i don't miss them places, before i taken my shahadah last year after easter, in april, i read alot on islam and the quran and i never went back to them clubs .

Good to hear that you didn't do those stuff before you became a muslim, anyways gtg brother, it was nice talking to you, take care

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This was the sweetest post I have come across in a long time. You have this old gal placing her hand over her heart.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You were able to gently guide the sister away from her self-imposed Juilet style prison for a minute.
You showed her there are gentle and pious brothers who have had heartaches, too.
But we move on...

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Sister,things happen for a reason.Sometimes we do think that something is perfect for us,but Allah knows what is perfect for us.So whatever happens it happens for a reason.Maybe something or someone that you loved,was taken away from you to be replaced by something more wonderful.Believe me,what you are going through,many people have gone through similar phase when we thought that we found our Mr or Mrs right.
Allah knows and we know not.Allah knows our compatibility and chooses what is best for us.No matter how good we think a person is for us,he/she might caus a heartache.The key is to accept the decree of Allah and as muslims,be pleased with the will of Allah.As sister harb said,if that person was meant for you he will come back to you inshaAllah,if not then,just submit to Allah's will because He loves us 70 times more than our mother.Much more than anyone can love us.Many of us think something is good for us but it's totally opposite.
Also ,a research has stated that the feeling experienced by those who say they are hopelessly in love,experience same type of feelings as a cocaine addict experiences.Their brain showed similar pattern.So this feeling clouds our minds,judgement of the facts and similar important things,our reasoning power.So know that Allah is al hakeem.So when one has a breakup,its that feeling of deprivation that causes heartache,like when an addict is deprived of his drugs.These feelings eventually die down,when replaced.Trust me.
When you attach your heart to someone,it's not that person who gives you those feelings,its the feelings that control you,sister .
When you attach your heart to mortals,all you will get is pain,heartache,misery,sorrow etc.
If you attach your heart to Allah,all you will find is bliss,never ending joy eternal peace and tranquility.
Think about Allah,how significant is He,always watching over us,when we think no one cares.Always listening to us when we think no one hears us.Always knows us,when we think no one understands us.Always aware of our condition when we think no one knows how we feel.Allah knows.
He is Most Merciful.He is Most Powerful.He is Most beautiful.
So trust Allah,submit your heart in submission to Allah and look what a miracle it causes in your life.
Marriage is half our deen.Never say no I wont marry,have hope in Allah The Most High,He has power over all things.He can change hearts and inshaAllah,you have something very good in future if you have hope in Allah.
Never look back except to take lessons from past mistakes.The future holds eternal joy and happiness with hope in Allah's mercy and He will do it inshaAllah.
In the meantime,get busy get proactive.Shun these feelings as they come.Know that these are all in the past and what is Allah's will is Allah's will and it's the best.Just pray to Allah for a good future and keep working for it.Preserve your thoughts,feelings,eyes and heart for someone who deserves it and someone whom Allah has chosen.
Just chill and look forward to better things in life while praying to Allah.
May Allah grant you peace of heart and a righteous good husband.Ameen.

:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
why cry over something that is over? its over for him but not for me, I just cannot forget, I talked to him last night cuz I was tired of keeping the pain in my heart, I told him how I still felt about him (not cuz I wanted to be with him again) but cuz I couldnt keep my feelings inside me, I wanted to hear the truth from him, I wanted to find out what he still thought about me. He was saying so many things about the new girl, how she means the world to him, i felt so jealous and he told me he doesn't have feelings for me anymore, but i dont care if he doesnt, I told him he has to have feelings for me in the hereafter if not in this world, yes I may sound pathetic and childish

Assalaamu alaikum sister,

do you hear yourself?? read your own words?
just read the parts I bolded on your original post...re-read them again and again and tell me what you hear in your own words.

I have heard the saying "people want what they cant have" and that is exactly what I see in your words. This guy clearly does not deserve you.....he is moving on to someone else and has the guts to tell you how that someone "means the world to him."

It is time to put your emotions aside and think logically for ones.

May Allah strengthen you and bless you with a husband whom you will be pleased with and whom Allah is pleased with.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
he hurt her feelings aswell, i can understand, it does that to people.

you see, i still have people that claim they can't leave some other guy but they want to be with me and they want to get married and want to settle down and claim they cant find an excuse to dump someone that hurts their feelings and saying such a thing and being abusive etc..

I know brother which is why I want her to re-read and think logically. The heart plays games on us and US sisters are very sensitive and need to be handled with care!

All I am saying is that this guy does not deserve someone as precious as her......she could do better and it starts with a trust in Allah.

And you brother, such girls are not for you. A sister knows what her Lord loves and wants from her...and that is guarding her chastity. My sisters would preserve themselves till Allah sends them the right person.

May Allah bless you with a righteous wife, one who will always care and love you, one who will help you with this journey of Islam, and one who will help you attain Jannah. ameen

Isra

aka Tree2008
yes it is racist aswell and many brothers i know from Africa and the middle-east say it is wrong.

a brother from Cameroon i know, hes a really nice black lad and he said there is alot of problems these days, he doesnt like culture and finds it a problem.

i know a brother from Libya who wants an English wife lol

there is another brother from Yemen who wants a woman that really cares and is kind and has a big heart.

there is also another brother i know, havent seen him in a white, he is Algerian and he wants an Algerian sister who likes kids and doesn't mind his son and wants to go back to Algeria with him

i know a brother from Iraq and hes a nice guy too, i wish for him to find a nice sister.

im English and i am open to people who are Black, Arab, Asian, Middle-Eastern.

i know so many good people who are looking, when i go to the masjid and prayer halls, its really interesting to know where people are from, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where we are from even when we meet so many types.

i like how we can all line up together and worship our creator :)

:salah:

As salamo alaikome

Dear brother please dont take this in a bad way or anything. I mean no disrespect at all. This post of yours reads like a walking advertisement for a Muslim marriage website! I couldnt help but smile! :hijabi:

Alhamdulillah it does show the young sister that there are MANY Muslim men out there looking for their wife so she should not cut herself off from the world and she should remember always that Allah knows the best!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Once again I have another question, once again I need your help
I was wondering, to stay single for the rest of my life, actually not wondering Ive made up my mind that I will, cuz there was this guy I liked, but its impossible for us to be together cuz of many obstacle (culture, status and what not), so I decided to stay single cuz I only want him, I made duaa to allah to unit him with me in Jannah, Imay not be able to have him in this world but I asked allah, made duaa to give him to me in the hereafter. Is that possible? can I make a duaa like that? will allah unite me with this guy in the hereafter?
I just remembered the story of yusuf (AS), how zolaikha (is that how you spell it) how she waited for him all her life, then allah united them, I know Im no way near being like her, she was far more purer than me, but she waited for him and allah united them, I want to wait for this guy, and want to be united with him if not in this world then the hereafter
Jazakallah :wasalam:

Wa alaikome salam

Young sister I have SOOOOOO walked 100 miles in your shoes! I heard about Islam from a brother on the internet. We began a relationship that later I found out was an entire lie on his part from the very beginning! He used his family, my deepest feelings and ISLAM to trick me! I fell for everything he told me hook line and sinker!!!

When it all began to fall apart and I had no choice but to open my eyes to the truth Alhamdulillah I was in so much pain. Your post reminded me of that pain once again! I actually made a huge mistake and prayed dua to Allah promising that if this man and I were not together no other man on the face of this earth would ever touch me!

After it was over and I met my current husband who Allah sent to me and who is the most amazing man ever I have regretted making that dua. It has been more than a year now and I never forgot that dua. I pray every day for Allah to forgive me for ever saying those words.

Please little sister dont say things that you could possibly regret later like I did. I have to live with the guilt of making a promise to Allah that I obviously never kept. I would hate to see that happen to you. Allah is the best judge of what you need in your life so please just be patient and put your trust in Allah.

When the man Allah intends for you to marry comes along trust me you wont even remember this other brothers name! I know because I lived through what is happening to you right now and like you I thought I would absolutely DIE without him. But I didnt die Alhamdulillah and Allah provided me with something better!

Take care sister you will be in my dua! :hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Guys please stop with the gushiness...I am happily a curmudgeon. How about if I hand out home baked cookies for everyone.

esperanza

revert of many years
Kind of sound scary. You really need to move on, there are more important things in life... A man is not worth it, same way a woman is not worth it. God is most important and it's Him we should be trying to please in the end.

IF You get to Paradise then you can I'm sure have anything you wanted. But, "getting married" is half of our deen, it's extremely important + your just living your life in misery which is also haram in itself.

dear sister..this sounds harsh but you have to move on,,,,,he has done that,,,,,i know its easy for us to say but most sisters have been through this in some form,,,and one day you will look back and realise we were right

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

Guys please stop with the gushiness...I am happily a curmudgeon. How about if I hand out home baked cookies for everyone.

yes alot of kindness and good thoughts in thsi thread...
sisters and brothers..dont lose yourslef on someone who does not care....there are so many good people out there..more deserving of you

Tamana

Wa alaikome salam

Young sister I have SOOOOOO walked 100 miles in your shoes! I heard about Islam from a brother on the internet. We began a relationship that later I found out was an entire lie on his part from the very beginning! He used his family, my deepest feelings and ISLAM to trick me! I fell for everything he told me hook line and sinker!!!

When it all began to fall apart and I had no choice but to open my eyes to the truth Alhamdulillah I was in so much pain. Your post reminded me of that pain once again! I actually made a huge mistake and prayed dua to Allah promising that if this man and I were not together no other man on the face of this earth would ever touch me!

After it was over and I met my current husband who Allah sent to me and who is the most amazing man ever I have regretted making that dua. It has been more than a year now and I never forgot that dua. I pray every day for Allah to forgive me for ever saying those words.

Please little sister dont say things that you could possibly regret later like I did. I have to live with the guilt of making a promise to Allah that I obviously never kept. I would hate to see that happen to you. Allah is the best judge of what you need in your life so please just be patient and put your trust in Allah.

When the man Allah intends for you to marry comes along trust me you wont even remember this other brothers name! I know because I lived through what is happening to you right now and like you I thought I would absolutely DIE without him. But I didnt die Alhamdulillah and Allah provided me with something better!

Take care sister you will be in my dua! :hijabi:

wow sister, when I read this reply I actually got the goosebumps, I mean you're right what if I do find someone in the future and think about the duaa I also made to Allah and my times when I talked to this guy, I would feel guilty and really bad. It sounds so scary :(

Tamana

Sister,things happen for a reason.Sometimes we do think that something is perfect for us,but Allah knows what is perfect for us.So whatever happens it happens for a reason.Maybe something or someone that you loved,was taken away from you to be replaced by something more wonderful.Believe me,what you are going through,many people have gone through similar phase when we thought that we found our Mr or Mrs right.
Allah knows and we know not.Allah knows our compatibility and chooses what is best for us.No matter how good we think a person is for us,he/she might caus a heartache.The key is to accept the decree of Allah and as muslims,be pleased with the will of Allah.As sister harb said,if that person was meant for you he will come back to you inshaAllah,if not then,just submit to Allah's will because He loves us 70 times more than our mother.Much more than anyone can love us.Many of us think something is good for us but it's totally opposite.
Also ,a research has stated that the feeling experienced by those who say they are hopelessly in love,experience same type of feelings as a cocaine addict experiences.Their brain showed similar pattern.So this feeling clouds our minds,judgement of the facts and similar important things,our reasoning power.So know that Allah is al hakeem.So when one has a breakup,its that feeling of deprivation that causes heartache,like when an addict is deprived of his drugs.These feelings eventually die down,when replaced.Trust me.
When you attach your heart to someone,it's not that person who gives you those feelings,its the feelings that control you,sister .
When you attach your heart to mortals,all you will get is pain,heartache,misery,sorrow etc.
If you attach your heart to Allah,all you will find is bliss,never ending joy eternal peace and tranquility.
Think about Allah,how significant is He,always watching over us,when we think no one cares.Always listening to us when we think no one hears us.Always knows us,when we think no one understands us.Always aware of our condition when we think no one knows how we feel.Allah knows.
He is Most Merciful.He is Most Powerful.He is Most beautiful.
So trust Allah,submit your heart in submission to Allah and look what a miracle it causes in your life.
Marriage is half our deen.Never say no I wont marry,have hope in Allah The Most High,He has power over all things.He can change hearts and inshaAllah,you have something very good in future if you have hope in Allah.
Never look back except to take lessons from past mistakes.The future holds eternal joy and happiness with hope in Allah's mercy and He will do it inshaAllah.
In the meantime,get busy get proactive.Shun these feelings as they come.Know that these are all in the past and what is Allah's will is Allah's will and it's the best.Just pray to Allah for a good future and keep working for it.Preserve your thoughts,feelings,eyes and heart for someone who deserves it and someone whom Allah has chosen.
Just chill and look forward to better things in life while praying to Allah.
May Allah grant you peace of heart and a righteous good husband.Ameen.

:wasalam:

this reply brought me to tears, it was so sweet... jazakllah so much and I wated to ask a question, is marrigae really half of your deen? I didnt know that, I htought it was only a sunnah and as far as I know if you dont someting which is sunnah you dont get sin, if I stay single does that mean I'll get sin and my deen wouldn't be complete? I mean I know many muslims bothers and sisters who have stayed single, they r mashallah really pious and good in their deen but they haven't married not are they intending to marry

Tamana

Salam Tamana

:SMILY139:

Please don't feel really upset about things

:wasalam: brother! how are you? LOL Im smiling, I was reading your replies, the one where one of the sisters told you that its like your doing a marriage advertisement, and I couldnt stop laughing, you're so funny brother :D

Tamana

Assalaamu alaikum sister,

do you hear yourself?? read your own words?
just read the parts I bolded on your original post...re-read them again and again and tell me what you hear in your own words.

I have heard the saying "people want what they cant have" and that is exactly what I see in your words. This guy clearly does not deserve you.....he is moving on to someone else and has the guts to tell you how that someone "means the world to him."

It is time to put your emotions aside and think logically for ones.

May Allah strengthen you and bless you with a husband whom you will be pleased with and whom Allah is pleased with.

do I hear myself? no I dont, thats my problem I never listen to myself :(
I am trying to think logically but at the moment I know I wont be bale to think logically, it will take me time but I'll try