Blessings of seeking Knowledge

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi waa barakatahu

Abu Darda (ra) narrated that Kathir ibn Qays said: “I was sitting with Abu Darda’ in the mosque of Damascus. A man came to him and said: “Abu Darda, I have come to you from the town of the Allah’s Messenger (saws) for a tradition that I have heard you relate from the Allah’s Messenger (saws). I have come for no other purpose.” He said: “I heard Allah’s Messenger (saws) say: ‘If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, Allâh will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, the inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned man over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave neither dinar nor dirham, leaving only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion..’” (Abu Dawud Book 25, Number 3634 )

SubhanAllah ! This man undertook a journey from Madeenah to Damascus which took in their times a month to travel, just to learn about a single hadeeth from the noble companion of the Prophet (Peace be upon him).

Back to the main topic, this hadeeth outlines the following blessings for a person who seeks knowledge :-

1. Ease of Paradise
2. Protection of Angels
3. Dua of living creatures
4. Being true heirs/inheritors of the Prophet (PBUH)
5. Superiority likened to that of the moon in comparison to the stars

May Allah subhaanaho waa taala aid us in making strides in gaining beneficial ilm. Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Is it not written that seeking knowledge is jihad. Thank you brother for posting.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

subhanaAllaah....YET we abondon it soo much though we can find it easily these days. may Allaah help us!ameen
barakaAllaahu feek akhi!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'aleykum Salaam warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh!

Ya Allah! Why can't we be like this now? They traveled for knowledge, But We travel for relaxatin and liesury. They learned from each other, But We go against each other, Subhanallah! May Allah swt forgive us for our arrogance and Guide us. May He grant us the full knowledge of this deen.Aameen

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help us to seek knowledge ease our path to the way of knowledge as well as the Paradise..ameen
Jazak ALlah khair for sharing the widomfull thread and may Allah bless you

wassalam