Question: Blood & Wudu?

Hachiko

AssalaamuwalaikumWarahmatullahiwabarakatuhu!

I have Eczema, which is a skin condtition. Sometimes when i scratch, at night, i leave blood stains on the bed. even after washing my sheets and blankets u can still see faint blood spots. So,when i get up for Fajr Salah, would i have to change my clothes, even if they weren't stained, but merely touched upon the blood stains? (note: these stains are from like itchy bites, rashes and scabs {sorryy}):/

will my wudu be valid for Salah if i prayed with my pyjama's that were brushed upon blood stains?
I pray Allah subhannawata'ala helps you and me and rewards you and bestows mercy upon u and ur family. And also peace and blessings upon the Prophets alahisallam and Muhammad sallallahualahiwassallam,and their families and companions and give them Jannah.
Jazakallah Khairun for the help u do 4 me. ♥

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does whatever comes out of anything other than the front and back passages invalidate wudoo’?

He replied:

What comes out of anything other than the front and back passages does not invalidate wudoo’, whether it is a little or a lot, except urine and stools. That is because the basic principle is that it does not invalidate wudoo’. Whoever claims something that is contrary to the basic principle has to provide evidence, but it is proven that man is taahir by the shar’i evidence, and whatever is proven by the shar’i evidence cannot be altered except by further shar’i evidence. We do not go beyond what is indicated by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because we submit to the laws of Allaah, not to our whims and desires. So there is no justification for making people purify themselves when it is not essential and we do not waive from them a purification that is obligatory.

If someone were to say that it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) vomited then did wudoo’, we say: this hadeeth has been classed as da’eef by most of the scholars. Then we say that this is simply an action, and the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) simply did an action does not indicate that it is obligatory, because there is no clear instruction. Moreover it is contradicted by another hadeeth – even if it is da’eef – which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was treated with cupping then he prayed and did not do wudoo’. This indicates that it is not obligatory to do wudoo’ after vomiting.

This is the correct view, that whatever comes out from the body does not invalidate wudoo’ even if it is a lot, whether it is vomit, saliva, blood, pus or anything else, unless it is urine or stools, such as if an opening is made in the body to let them out, in which case wudoo’ is invalidated when they come out from that opening. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/198.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum al-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Blood is Najis (impure) so if there is a large amount of blood on your pyjamas, then you should wash them off before praying Salah.

However, if it is a small amount of blood on your pyjamas- like 2-3 drops or something similar then this is excused In sha' Allah.

If there are no blood stains on your clothes, then the origin is that it is pure.

WAllahu A`lam.

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
ASalaam alaykum, I am sorry to hear of this. If the eczema is very severe and water is making it worse, you may be able to do tayammum instead of using water. Is it something that suddenly happened or is it something u have always had? Drink lots of water as this improves eczema. Goats milk can work better than cows milk if the eczema is very active. May Allah subhana wa ta'aala cure you sister. Ameen.

Hachiko

Wa `alaykum al-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Blood is Najis (impure) so if there is a large amount of blood on your pyjamas, then you should wash them off before praying Salah.

However, if it is a small amount of blood on your pyjamas- like 2-3 drops or something similar then this is excused In sha' Allah.

If there are no blood stains on your clothes, then the origin is that it is pure.

WAllahu A`lam.
ASalaam alaykum, I am sorry to hear of this. If the eczema is very severe and water is making it worse, you may be able to do tayammum instead of using water. Is it something that suddenly happened or is it something u have always had? Drink lots of water as this improves eczema. Goats milk can work better than cows milk if the eczema is very active. May Allah subhana wa ta'aala cure you sister. Ameen.
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does whatever comes out of anything other than the front and back passages invalidate wudoo’?

He replied:

What comes out of anything other than the front and back passages does not invalidate wudoo’, whether it is a little or a lot, except urine and stools. That is because the basic principle is that it does not invalidate wudoo’. Whoever claims something that is contrary to the basic principle has to provide evidence, but it is proven that man is taahir by the shar’i evidence, and whatever is proven by the shar’i evidence cannot be altered except by further shar’i evidence. We do not go beyond what is indicated by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because we submit to the laws of Allaah, not to our whims and desires. So there is no justification for making people purify themselves when it is not essential and we do not waive from them a purification that is obligatory.

If someone were to say that it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) vomited then did wudoo’, we say: this hadeeth has been classed as da’eef by most of the scholars. Then we say that this is simply an action, and the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) simply did an action does not indicate that it is obligatory, because there is no clear instruction. Moreover it is contradicted by another hadeeth – even if it is da’eef – which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was treated with cupping then he prayed and did not do wudoo’. This indicates that it is not obligatory to do wudoo’ after vomiting.

This is the correct view, that whatever comes out from the body does not invalidate wudoo’ even if it is a lot, whether it is vomit, saliva, blood, pus or anything else, unless it is urine or stools, such as if an opening is made in the body to let them out, in which case wudoo’ is invalidated when they come out from that opening. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/198.
AssalaamuwalaikumWarahmatullahiwabarakatuhu to you all.
JazakallahKhairun for all of ur answers.
So I don't need to change clothes?May Allah reward you and have mercy on u and ur family. Ameen.

Hachiko

walaikumsalaamwarahmatullahiwabarakatuhu.
Alhamdulillah it is much better than a few years ago, when i used to have peeling flaky skin, horrible rashes and blood everywhere :/
Now, subhannallah my skin is almost as soft as a banana leaf.
JazakallahKhairun for trying to help me. Allah subhannawata'ala blesses us with people like you and many others such as those on this page. May Allah have mercy on you and ur family and reward you. Ameen.