Boko Haram and Nigerian Girls

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Some leaders and scholars have judged kind of kidnaps but words don´t help nothing when acts are needed in this situation for safe those girls.

Unfortunately the destiny of these schoolgirls will most likely become raped by Boko Haram and after that (if they will survive alive) pregnancy and in their culture become mother without marriage (even if the rape is the reason for it) it is a shame and their families might reject them from the family.

:(

Precious Star

Some leaders and scholars have judged kind of kidnaps but words don´t help nothing when acts are needed in this situation for safe those girls.

Unfortunately the destiny of these schoolgirls will most likely become raped by Boko Haram and after that (if they will survive alive) pregnancy and in their culture become mother without marriage (even if the rape is the reason for it) it is a shame and their families might reject them from the family.

:(

I guess my concern is why aren't the muslim nations running in to protect these girls and try to eliminate Boko Haram? I mean, they target schools and the students in those schools, saying that schools/education are not Islamic. This is an absolutely ghastly interpretation of Islam. Even if it was true, you don't hurt the students -- they are someone's son, daughter, grandchild, niece, nephew, etc.

MeadowDust

They have so much energy to do the wrong things! Imagine if they knew the right things, what kind of passion and energy they could use that for... So sad for a community to go through that...so sad for humanity..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I have to thank you for sharing this information with us. Nations are run by politicians. Not by men and women of God.
Educate us sister. For starters who has the money behind the schemes? What is the purpose of the kidnappings. Is this an on-going event or a random act?
What are the historical events not covered in the Western media that we should be aware?

Precious Star

Assalaam alaikum,

I have to thank you for sharing this information with us. Nations are run by politicians. Not by men and women of God.
Educate us sister. For starters who has the money behind the schemes? What is the purpose of the kidnappings. Is this an on-going event or a random act?
What are the historical events not covered in the Western media that we should be aware?

Given what is going on in Nigeria right now, I'm not sure if such questions are relevant to the issue of how we save these young girls. Such political and fanciful discussions really don't solve anything in the short-term, although they do make for interesting debates. There are over 50 anxious parents right now worried for the safety of their daughters who have been kidnapped BY MEN in the name of Islam. The muslim ummah and muslim armies must find away to focus on solving THAT problem rather than the deficiencies of western media or funding streams.

If your daughter was kidnapped, would you sit down and say "who has the money behind such schemes" or would you say - "Astaghfirullah lets act and then punish the perpetrators".

Btw, Boko Haram is hardly a conglomerate of politicians. And lets not forget that Boko Haram has not denied the kidnappings nor that they will fight education in the name of Islam.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum

Nothing is gonna happen. Everything is going to remain same. All you can do is sister, pray to Allah. Share our sorrows, like we have always done to HIM.

Peace.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,,

There are more than 50 girls. Yet, beyond the emotional responses we have to gain knowledge of the larger picture.
I am not excusing any man or woman from the sins. This is not debate subject. This is serious. Is this a local/national issue to be resolved or an international issue. Why Cameroon and Chad.
Girls are kidnapped everywhere and all the time.
What soultions do you have?
Every child needs to be protected. We have to pray for them. We have to pray that Allah swt changes our hearts and reminds us that these girls are indeed our daughters. As Muslims we have made the covenant with Allah swt to protect our daughters.
You are 100% correct in posting this. What is the next step?

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
That's the sad thing...I don't think any one knows what the next step is. Well, I most certainly don't. All we can do is just hope Allah protects those innocent children and all Muslims suffering every where.

MehmetHilmi

This organization, Boko Haram, is clearly a terror organization. Going there and fighting it will not work as it will just cause a war of attrition (Syria's war could be defined as such). By blaming BH and condemning them, we are merely just slashing at the leaves of a huge tree. In Iraq this April, there were around 1,000 deaths. Not from the West, but from radical groups within the Muslim world. What do you say about this? What is the real problem?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The real problem boils down to the individual. We have been given the Criterion by which to seek solutions. We need to revert to Sharia.
Honestly, what can the UN or the Red Cross do? Sanctions are a political joke hurting the most oppressed. Before we can speculate we need to define the major players. We need to gain understanding of what we as Believers can do. I know I sound dreamy and preachy but the basic truth is for us to concentrate on our local communities.
We pray for the others. We raise the level of understanding. Not everyone knows the political and social history of the area.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Salaam alaikum

To the original poster, JazakAllah khairan for starting this thread. We can talk about the situation of our brothers and sisters in less fortunate situations than ourselves, this increases our knowledge of the Ummah, brings us closer as one, and increases the meaning of our du'a.

The situation in Nigeria is complicated, I don't think there is any simple answer, or at least any answer that is simple to put into action. There may be little we can do for this 50 girls, but with our increased understanding we are in a better position to ask better questions of our politicians and aid agencies, that may better influence the situation for the next 50. In shaa Allah.

Even if a sister does not work but goes directly to raising a family, her children will prosper better for her having an education. Whenever we hear of the education of girls being suppressed, it should ring alarm bells for us.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Petition at walkfree.org

Reports of 234 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls have made headlines all over the world, and now a new twist has emerged - the kidnapped girls are reportedly being sold into modern slavery for as little as $12.

“It's unbearable… The abduction of our children and the news of them being [forcibly] married off is like hearing of the return of the slave trade,” said Yakubu Ubalala, whose two daughters were taken by militants during the raid on their school.

But there is a solution. Experts believe that if the Nigerian Government acts immediately and uses every resource at its disposal, it can locate the girls and return them to their families. However for this to happen they need to know that the world is watching - and waiting.

Help save the missing schoolgirls from Forced Child Marriage - tell the Nigerian President to take immediate action.

zaman-gm

Astagfurullah. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun.
There is an new said that they are an Islamic Extremist Group. Very funny. Ya Allah give them Hedayet or Destroy them. May Allah punish them who refereed with the name of Allah. How dare to do this! This is a protocol that established by a strategy. A Muslim can't do this. Where is our leaders, where are they. Fighting each other killing each other, but do nothing for Islam.
Ya Allah give sense to our Leaders to save those Sisters. We only can do DUA for them.

Precious Star

Astagfurullah. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun.
There is an new said that they are an Islamic Extremist Group. Very funny. Ya Allah give them Hedayet or Destroy them. May Allah punish them who refereed with the name of Allah. How dare to do this! This is a protocol that established by a strategy. A Muslim can't do this. Where is our leaders, where are they. Fighting each other killing each other, but do nothing for Islam.
Ya Allah give sense to our Leaders to save those Sisters. We only can do DUA for them.

Well, the non-muslims are now jumping in to save these girls from the wretched Boko Haram, so no need for the muslim countries/armies to respond.

Cariad

Whoever steps in and helps in this appalling situation I pray that it may be done quickly, preferably with no bloodshed and the children are reunited with their families.

Looking for people to blame.. ? It's simple Boko Haram.. They already boast of it.

Peace.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
It's just strange. How can anyone think of kidnapping nearly 300 innocent girls?! That's just insane. These crazies have no idea about Islam.