Boko Haram and Nigerian Girls

Oem Soufiane

6.gif

O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar-evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done.

(Surah al hujurat, verse 6 )

could this be a campaign to bash the mujahideen over there striving for shariah law (succesfully in some areas)? I don't know about them, but it could be the same thing as in afghanistan etc. that the mujahideen are slandered and accused of ruining girlsschools and bombing innocent civillians, while non of them declares to have done it, or even denying and rejecting it. If the mujahideen strike a goal, they always proudly present it.

Also I read the group they call boko haram is normally not abducting people etc, and that their actual name is jamaat ahlus sunnah li dawah wal jihad.

This horrific act of abducting and selling little girls (muslim or nonmuslim) is sickening to the stomach and actually I don't believe it personally. Read and ponder upon the above verse. CNN and BBC news etc are not reliable sources for muslims.

Last edited:

Oem Soufiane

Subhanallah if you read what i was saying you could have seen that maybe they are trying to put the blame on the mujahideen, for a crime they didn't commit, that is the whole essence of my post.

no mujahid will commit horrific things like this <---- also in my post

read carefully please, especially the quranic verse of al hujurat

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
^^ I didn´t comment your comment, sister. Just my opinion in general. The western media now claims islam in general about this crime against those girls.

Salmirah

They are just defaming Islam, nothing else!
Where in Islam is it written to kidnap, rape, torture??
How can they possibly call themselves Muslims? Clearly people behind Boko Haram hate Islam, thus they are doing such acts to tarnish Islam. They are not from any religion, as no religion teaches violence.
Innocents are always to suffer.
And people like us can only pray to Allah for their safety and say a million things on places like this. What power do we have!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The only power we have (after praying) is seeking knowledge and spread it to others. The biggest irony is that 25 countries are now spending a lot of time and money for searching victims of one missing airplane (whose all passengers are already most likely passed away) but very rare countries are really interesting to help those girls whose most likely are still alive in somewhere and need urgently help.

Cariad

I think countries are stepping in to help find the girls now, but this should have been done sooner as the longer the delay in searching the harder to find them. However, other countries although willing in offering help can only do so with the permission of the government of Nigeria. IMO this government should have acted sooner on their own initiative and given this crime greater importance. It's to their shame they did not.

Regarding Islam being blamed for the incident in the media, it's a difficult problem.. Because Islam will be judged by its followers, as other religions are also judged the same. Of course this is not fair or accurate because not everyone who says they are a Muslim, Christian or whatever else follow the teachings of their respective religions. That is a fact.. Intelligent people will be able to make the distinction... Others will be led by the media. So it would be more productive if muslims were more vocal in condemnation of the acts of those who claim to be muslims but defame the name of Islam by their actions... Yet, there is very little said, it may be that you do not feel able to judge the actions of other muslims even though they are in the wrong, and seek instead to either excuse their actions by somehow shifting the blame, usually onto the "West" for actions sometimes historic. However, two wrongs do not make a right.. And whatever you think no one forced Boko Haram to kidnap and wish to sell into sexual slavery so many young school girls. It was their choice.. Like no one forced them to say they did it in the name of Islam and with Allahs blessing. Those words are their own. They will be judged for their actions, but by not speaking out in a loud voice and make it known to everyone who will listen to you that these men do NOT act according with Islam and do NOT do the will of Allah.. Then it looks like complicity, and that's why the media do not distinguish between you. Which is sad.

Before you all jump on my case and say but we do speak out etc.. I am not meaning people here but are meaning in general terms. If you want people to see the true Islam then it's beholden on you to shown them, otherwise those with the loudest voices.. The terrorists, kidnappers etc will be the ones seen to represent Islam.. Because it is their actions and their claims these actions are sanctified by Islam that Islam will be judged by.

Until the girls are found and safely returned to their families hopefully not too damaged by their experience, then the best we can do as little people is unite in prayer for the best out come possible. Which is the safe return of these girls.. Unharmed.

Blessings

Precious Star

6.gif

O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar-evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done.

could this be a campaign to bash the mujahideen over there striving for shariah law (succesfully in some areas)? I don't know about them, but it could be the same thing as in afghanistan etc. that the mujahideen are slandered and accused of ruining girlsschools and bombing innocent civillians, while non of them declares to have done it, or even denying and rejecting it. If the mujahideen strike a goal, they always proudly present it.

Also I read the group they call boko haram is normally not abducting people etc, and that their actual name is jamaat ahlus sunnah li dawah wal jihad.

This horrific act of abducting and selling little girls (muslim or nonmuslim) is sickening to the stomach and actually I don't believe it personally. Read and ponder upon the above verse. CNN and BBC news etc are not reliable sources for muslims.

Boko Haram have NOT denied it. They have ADMITTED it.

I don't watch CNN or BBC. So obviously there are other sources. What do you think, all those pictures of crying parents are FAKE?

Boko Haram does engage in acts of violence and they proudly admit it. Previously they set fire to a boys' boarding school.

Precious Star

I think countries are stepping in to help find the girls now, but this should have been done sooner as the longer the delay in searching the harder to find them. However, other countries although willing in offering help can only do so with the permission of the government of Nigeria. IMO this government should have acted sooner on their own initiative and given this crime greater importance. It's to their shame they did not.

Regarding Islam being blamed for the incident in the media, it's a difficult problem.. Because Islam will be judged by its followers, as other religions are also judged the same. Of course this is not fair or accurate because not everyone who says they are a Muslim, Christian or whatever else follow the teachings of their respective religions. That is a fact.. Intelligent people will be able to make the distinction... Others will be led by the media. So it would be more productive if muslims were more vocal in condemnation of the acts of those who claim to be muslims but defame the name of Islam by their actions... Yet, there is very little said, it may be that you do not feel able to judge the actions of other muslims even though they are in the wrong, and seek instead to either excuse their actions by somehow shifting the blame, usually onto the "West" for actions sometimes historic. However, two wrongs do not make a right.. And whatever you think no one forced Boko Haram to kidnap and wish to sell into sexual slavery so many young school girls. It was their choice.. Like no one forced them to say they did it in the name of Islam and with Allahs blessing. Those words are their own. They will be judged for their actions, but by not speaking out in a loud voice and make it known to everyone who will listen to you that these men do NOT act according with Islam and do NOT do the will of Allah.. Then it looks like complicity, and that's why the media do not distinguish between you. Which is sad.

Before you all jump on my case and say but we do speak out etc.. I am not meaning people here but are meaning in general terms. If you want people to see the true Islam then it's beholden on you to shown them, otherwise those with the loudest voices.. The terrorists, kidnappers etc will be the ones seen to represent Islam.. Because it is their actions and their claims these actions are sanctified by Islam that Islam will be judged by.

Until the girls are found and safely returned to their families hopefully not too damaged by their experience, then the best we can do as little people is unite in prayer for the best out come possible. Which is the safe return of these girls.. Unharmed.

Blessings

I agree. I go back to the truism "actions speak louder than words". This group is not Muslim yet no muslim cares that their actions slander and disrespect the word of Allah.

The only Muslim speaking out against boko haram us that girl Malala.

MehmetHilmi

6.gif

One thing: Research before you comment. Boko Haram itself has accepted responsibility and many Muslims have also condemned them (Al Azhar, Grand Sheikh of Saudi Arabia, and many many more). Unless you have real evidence contrary to this, it would be foolish for you to make such a claim.

Also those terrorists you call "mujahideen" are nothing but filthy barbarians. May Allah curse them and all they do. I think you are brainwashed.

Cariad

I agree. I go back to the truism "actions speak louder than words". This group is not Muslim yet no muslim cares that their actions slander and disrespect the word of Allah.

The only Muslim speaking out against boko haram us that girl Malala.
I think Malala is a beautiful girl inside and out.. As well as being brave and courageous. It is young people like her that will shape the future.

You are right actions do speak louder than words, and it's on our actions we are judged.

Blessings

Oem Soufiane

One thing: Research before you comment. Boko Haram itself has accepted responsibility and many Muslims have also condemned them (Al Azhar, Grand Sheikh of Saudi Arabia, and many many more). Unless you have real evidence contrary to this, it would be foolish for you to make such a claim.

Also those terrorists you call "mujahideen" are nothing but filthy barbarians. May Allah curse them and all they do. I think you are brainwashed.

brainwashed, wow! alhamdulilah the final judgement is not up to you, and I don't call people involving in this criminal act mujahideen.

The mujahideen I'm talking about are for example those going to help the people of as shaam (Syria). Would you call them terrorists? There are a lot of accusations against them, whilst they are trying their best to help out. Or those in afghanistan living simple lives in the mountains, only protecting their established ummah subhanallah.

Maybe this is what's going on, also because the government knew and didn't do anything up to this day. I don't even want to argue about this, the only thing I wanted to point out in anything we discuss around here is don't judge before you know. It is just a call to be carefull what we accept as the truth.

Last edited:

Oem Soufiane

Boko Haram have NOT denied it. They have ADMITTED it.

I don't watch CNN or BBC. So obviously there are other sources. What do you think, all those pictures of crying parents are FAKE?

Boko Haram does engage in acts of violence and they proudly admit it. Previously they set fire to a boys' boarding school.

No I don't think that's fake, I meant to say is it for certain that it is the people of this group they call 'boko haram' or is it done by others putting the blame on them. The government knew and doesn't do anything till this day, maybe they put a video up of someone claiming to be from this group to get more help against the muslims in nigeria, things like that have happened before. I obviously don't know about anything in nigeria, just calling to be careful in accusations. khayr in sha allah

Last edited:

MehmetHilmi

No I don't think that's fake, I meant to say is it for certain that it is the people of this group they call 'boko haram' or is it done by others putting the blame on them. The government knew and doesn't do anything till this day, maybe they put a video up of someone claiming to be from this group to get more help against the muslims in nigeria, things like that have happened before. I obviously don't know about anything in nigeria, just calling to be careful in accusations. khayr in sha allah

Oem Soufieane, why do try so hard to put doubt where there is truth. Crimes are committed, and it is almost like you would prefer to turn a blind eye to them. Why don't you just denounce it? Muslims can be evil too you know! You claim the Western Media lies, but its not only Western Media. Even conservative Saudi news sites report these stories.

Please don't try to fool us. When you say you support the "mujahideen", you mean that you support groups that have been designated terrorists by many nations (even Muslim ones). These groups don't just "resist" you see.

It seems to me that today any maniac can grow a beard pick up a flag and hold a gun saying they want to impose Sharia, and they'll immediately be venerated as a holy "mujahideen". We are living in bad times.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
But brother Mehmet, you do know that these days any Muslim who IS actually trying to practice Islam to their best effort is looked at as some terrorist wannabe. I see what you are against and I agree that groups such Boko Haram are dangerous to all people but at the same time, any Muslim who wants to actually live their life according to Islamic Law is seen as a fanatic by a lot of non Muslims and Muslims alike. And it's frustrating. I wish these stupid groups didn't exist.

On the other extreme, there are new Muslim groups who are so fond of pleasing non Muslims that they reject basic fundamentals of Islam. I think the whole new movement of "moderate/modern" Muslims is just as dangerous and frustrating as any so called Islamic terrorist groups.

Sanshoes

Boko Haram are upon Haqq. Boko Haram have kidnapped those girls in response to the imprisonment and torture of their families. Alhamdulillah the vast majority of the girls have converted to Islam. Allahu akbar. The remainder are offered as a prisoner exchange. Their families for our families. A non response means the girls will be sold into slavery.
And for the haters, hate this...........
Because a few members of the tribe of Bani Qurayza betrayed the muslims and helped the Mushriks against the us with weapons food & water Muhammad SAW with full approval from our God, ALLAH, beheaded all the men & youth of the tribe & sold their women & children into slavery.

Amazing. A Nabi takfired by his own people twice in one hadith. Gotta be a record. And by the way ya haters, where will you hide in Qiyamah?

MehmetHilmi

Boko Haram are upon Haqq. Boko Haram have kidnapped those girls in response to the imprisonment and torture of their families. Alhamdulillah the vast majority of the girls have converted to Islam. Allahu akbar. The remainder are offered as a prisoner exchange. Their families for our families. A non response means the girls will be sold into slavery.
Because a few members of the tribe of Bani Qurayza betrayed the muslims and helped the Mushriks against the us with weapons food & water Muhammad SAW with full approval from our God, ALLAH, beheaded all the men & youth of the tribe & sold their women & children into slavery.

Amazing. A Nabi takfired by his own people twice in one hadith. Gotta be a record. And by the way ya haters, where will you hide in Qiyamah?

Are you crazy?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Eselamu allaicum we rahmatullah we berekatuhu

Brother "Sanshoes" what are you talking about, you can not force people to accept Islaam or any other religion, and say "Allahu Akber" to that, this is strictly forbidden thing to do. One should accept Islaam out of his on will, not becouse he or she is forced to do it, this means to break one of the fundamental human rights, the right on our own beliefs and choices.

Statements like of brother "Sanshoes" are proof itself that Muslim Ummah should seek knowledge.

May Allah protect these innocent girls and bring them back safe to their famillies. Our prayers are with them. Amin.

We alejkumu sellam

Last edited: