Brothers and Sisters in spain.....

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Salam,

I am looking to go to spain for a short break with my hubby at the end of April, I really want to go to Granada as I have heard that it has a beautiful Islamic society, does anyone live there or has been?? Or even could someone recommend other places in spain that are worth checking out.

Thanks

Wasalam Saira

(its actually for our 2nd anniversary, we didn't get a honeymoon and haven't been abroad since we got married so please help Insha Allah :))

:hearts:

:salam2:

hope u r well and in the best of emaan. A group of sisters have just come bk from Granada i will ask them for u and let u know inshallah.

Amir_of_spain

southern spain has some excellently preserved 7th islamic/moorish relics, the 3 greatest are the great mosque of cordobra, the khalif's city palace madinat al zahra which is nearby cordobra and finally the gem is the al hambra palace in grenada. The geometry used to construct these palaces were 500 years ahead of europe so check them out

nizar83

granada's la hambra is simply STUNNING

and im not saying this because im an arab lol but the work of these moors is soooo beautifull way way way ahead of its time!

Shahzad

check out www.travellerspoint.com

whole spain is a beauty. Valencia, malage, toledo, sevilla, grenada, alphujjara etc

try going to morocco as well.the city of tetune, which was founded by migrants from spain, during 1492

:salam2: Sister saira1984,

I have spoken to the sister who has come bk from Granda she also went for a short break. It was the best of review!! but everyone is different

She said she would give 4 out 10 for an "islamic enviroment" - She couldnt really find that may halal places to eat, However she did say went to Alhambra??. She said she wouldn't go back, I gathered she didnt really enjoy herself so i didnt feel i could ask anymore questions!! Sorry! Not the most helpful review! :shymuslima1:

:wasalam: