Bye for now?

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Shannonx,

I am glad you're feeling much better now. I'd like to mention three points:

------------------------------------------------------

1- Doing good deeds for the sake of Allah the Almighty alone

You wrote the following in your first post on this thread:

I've tried helping people and tried so much to be a much more nice person, but I get treated like crap in return.

And that's part of the problem. When you do a good deed, it has to be for the sake of Allah alone. If you do not receive kind treatment in return from the people you were good to, then don't worry. Do you seek a reward from them or from Allah?

And the reward of Allah [especially on the Day of Judgment] is so much better and more lasting than any human reward.

--------------------------------------------------

2- Concerning Doubts

The following is a fatwa [religious opinion] of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen. It was posted on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 10160 [A woman is affected by waswaas with regard to purity (tahaarah)]. Please take special note of the part I coloured red, but also read the whole opinion carefully:

Question:

A woman is suffering from waswaas (insinuating whispers of the Shaytaan) concerning her tahaarah (purity) and feeling after she has done wudoo’ that she needs to relieve herself. On one occasion she felt that someone was telling her to insult the Qur’aan and insult Allaah, and all she could do was weep. How can she deal with this and get rid of these whispers?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Many people suffer from these whispers – there is no power and no strength except with Allaah. The way to deal with waswaas is to seek refuge with Allaah a great deal from the accursed Shaytaan, and especially to recite al-Mi’wadhatayn (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan), for there is nothing better with which a person may seek refuge with Allaah. So she should recite (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “I seek refuge with (Allaah), the Lord of the daybreak”

[al-Falaq 113:1] – to the end of the soorah, which includes seeking refuge from the evil of the Shaytaan, because he is one of the creations of Allaah. And she should recite Soorat al-Naas (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “I seek refuge with (Allaah), the Lord of the daybreak”

[al-Naas 114:1] – to the end.

The way to deal with that is to seek refuge a great deal in Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, to turn to Allaah, and to have sincere resolve, so that one will not pay any attention to whispers that may enter one’s mind.

For example, whether you have done wudoo’ once or twice or three times, you should not pay any attention to the whispers of the Shaytaan. Even if you feel that you have not done wudoo’, for example, or that you neglected some part of wudoo’ or that you did not have the right intention, you should not pay attention to that. Similarly if you are praying and you feel or it occurs to you that you did not say “Allaahu akbar” at the beginning of the prayer, you should not pay attention to that, and you should carry on and complete your prayer. Similarly, if it crosses your mind – as mentioned in the question – to insult Allaah or the Mus-haf or any other kind of kufr, you should not pay attention to that and it will not harm you. Even if it goes so far as a person uttering them words under compulsion of the waswaas, there is no sin on him because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “There is no talaaq (divorce) under compulsion.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2193; Ahmad, al-Musnad, 6/276; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Irwa’, no. 2047. If the divorce that is the result of waswaas does not count, then this is more likely to be forgiven, but one should turn away from that and not pay attention to it.

So my advice to this lady and others who are tested with waswaas is to seek refuge a great deal with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, to recite al-Mi’wadhatayn – Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-naas (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan) – to have sincere resolve and not to pay attention to these insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan.

If the Shaytaan manages to instill some doubts in a person’s heart concerning Allaah and so on, he should not worry about that, because he is only suffering these doubts because of the faith in his heart. The person who is not a believer does not care whether he doubts or not; the one who suffers because of these doubts and whispers is a believer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “That is clear faith,” (narrated by Muslim, no. 132) , meaning that what the Shaytaan casts into your hearts of such matters is a reflection of clear faith, i.e., sincere faith… He described it as sincere faith, because the one who experiences these doubts is not happy about them and should not pay any attention to them; they grieve him and he does not want them. The Shaytaan only comes to hearts which are filled with faith in order to destroy it; he does not come to hearts that are devoid of faith, because they are already ruined. It was said to Ibn ‘Abbaas or Ibn Mas’ood that the Jews said, “We do not experience waswaas during our prayers.” He said, “Of course, what would the Shaytaan do with a heart that is already ruined?!”

My advice to her is to ignore all of these whispers. She will find it hard at first, and she will think that she is praying without wudoo’ or without saying “Allaahu akbar” at the beginning, and so on, but it will become easier for her after that, and this doubt and waswaas will leave her, in sha Allaah.

Praise be to Allaah, there are people who suffered with this problem, but they were told how to deal with it and how to resist it, and Allaah granted them relief. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Kitaab Liqaa’aat al-Baab al-Maftooh by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, p. 14.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10160&ln=eng

Part of the opinion above reads as follows:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “That is clear faith,” (narrated by Muslim, no. 132)

Actually, there's a mistranslation here. In the Arabic original of the fatwa [religious opinion], the following is found:

وقد قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم للصحابة : ( ذلك صريح الإيمان ) أخرجه مسلم رقم 132​

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10160&ln=ara

You'll notice that I coloured one phrase in red. This phrase was mistakenly not translated into English. So, if it was translated correctly, it would be as follows:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to the Companions, “That is clear faith,” (narrated by Muslim, no. 132)

For your further benefit, I'll post the whole hadith in Arabic and it's translation into English:

جَاءَ نَاسٌ مِنْ اَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَسَاَلُوهُ اِنَّا نَجِدُ فِي اَنْفُسِنَا مَا يَتَعَاظَمُ اَحَدُنَا اَنْ يَتَكَلَّمَ بِهِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَقَدْ وَجَدْتُمُوهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا نَعَمْ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ ذَاكَ صَرِيحُ الإِيمَانِ ‏"‏​

Source: http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/viewchp.asp?BID=1&CID=6&SW

[found as hadith no. 357 on the above link]

It's translated to English as follows:

Some people of the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] came and asked him "We find in ourselves what we find too grave [serious] to speak of". He said, "You have found it?" They said, "Yes." He said, "That is the clear/sincere faith"

[my translation]

Here, sister Shannonx, is an example of the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] who had serious doubts cross their minds, and look at what the Prophet [peace be upon him] said.

And these Companions are the best of humanity [after the prophets -peace be upon them all].

I hope that makes you put matters in perspective, and I sincerely advise you to listen and implement the words of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen [mentioned above].

-------------------------------------------------------

3-The level of Faith

I get the feeling, sister Shannonx, that one of the things that worry you is that your feeling of faith in Islam and of spirituality and happiness isn't high 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You perceive that as a weakness.

And here is where you are wrong.

Do you really believe that Muslims [myself included] feel 100% all 24 hours of the day and 7 days of the week?

The following is a hadith [saying] of the Prophet [peace be upon him] found in Sahih Muslim. I'll first post it in Arabic, then the translation into English by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui [with some changes by myself, which I have shown in between star signs * *]:

عَنْ حَنْظَلَةَ الأُسَيِّدِيِّ، قَالَ - وَكَانَ مِنْ كُتَّابِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ - لَقِيَنِي أَبُو بَكْرٍ فَقَالَ كَيْفَ أَنْتَ يَا حَنْظَلَةُ قَالَ قُلْتُ نَافَقَ حَنْظَلَةُ قَالَ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ مَا تَقُولُ قَالَ قُلْتُ نَكُونُ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُذَكِّرُنَا بِالنَّارِ وَالْجَنَّةِ حَتَّى كَأَنَّا رَأْىَ عَيْنٍ فَإِذَا خَرَجْنَا مِنْ عِنْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَافَسْنَا الأَزْوَاجَ وَالأَوْلاَدَ وَالضَّيْعَاتِ فَنَسِينَا كَثِيرًا قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ فَوَاللَّهِ إِنَّا لَنَلْقَى مِثْلَ هَذَا ‏.‏ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَأَبُو بَكْرٍ حَتَّى دَخَلْنَا عَلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قُلْتُ نَافَقَ حَنْظَلَةُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ وَمَا ذَاكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ نَكُونُ عِنْدَكَ تُذَكِّرُنَا بِالنَّارِ وَالْجَنَّةِ حَتَّى كَأَنَّا رَأْىَ عَيْنٍ فَإِذَا خَرَجْنَا مِنْ عِنْدِكَ عَافَسْنَا الأَزْوَاجَ وَالأَوْلاَدَ وَالضَّيْعَاتِ نَسِينَا كَثِيرًا ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ إِنْ لَوْ تَدُومُونَ عَلَى مَا تَكُونُونَ عِنْدِي وَفِي الذِّكْرِ لَصَافَحَتْكُمُ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ عَلَى فُرُشِكُمْ وَفِي طُرُقِكُمْ وَلَكِنْ يَا حَنْظَلَةُ سَاعَةً وَسَاعَةً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ ‏.​

Source: http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/viewchp.asp?BID=1&CID=149&SW

[[found as hadith no. 7142 on the above link]

Hanzala Usayyidi, who was amongst the scribes of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). reported: I met Abu Bakr. He said: Who are you *O Hanzala*? He (Hanzala) said: Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite. He (Abu Bakr) said: Hallowed be Allah, what are you saying? Thereupon he said: I say that when we are in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we ponder over Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our very eyes and when we are away from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we attend to our wives, our children, our business; most of these things (pertaining to After-life) slip out of our minds. Abu Bakr said: By Allah, I also experience the same. So I and Abu Bakr went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and *entered upon him [perhaps meaning eneterd his house] and* said to him: Allah's Messenger, Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: *What are you saying [or "what's the matter]*? I said: Allah's Messenger, when we are in your company, *you remind us* of Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our own eyes, but whenever we go away from you and attend to our wives, children and business, much of these things go out of our minds. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my *soul*, if you are persistent with the what you're doing in my presence* and you are always busy in remembrance (of Allah), the Angels will shake hands with you in your beds and in your paths but, Hanzala, time *[should be devoted (to the worldly affairs)] -I added the sqaure brackets [], since this part was not actually uttered by the Propeht -peace be upon him-* and time (should be devoted to prayer and meditation). [He *-I dropped a phrase at the end-* said this] * three times*.

Source: http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=37&translator=2&start=10&number=6623

[found as hadith no. 6623 in the above link]

Important note: The link mentioned above to the English translation leads to a website that I'm not really sure about. Just because a good translation into the English language is found on it does not mean that everything in that website truly represents Islam as found in the Qur'an and the authentic sayings of the Prophet [peace be upon him], as these two sources were understood by the Companions [may Allah be pleased with them]. I just don't know whether this website is good or not. So, please be careful.

---------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Kayleigh wrote the following:

I'm glad you're feeling better. But this thing isn't abnormal, nor will it probably be the last time you feel down about your faith. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but iman goes up and down. So in the future, if this happens again, don't get too discouraged. You know now that it's possible to see it through till you feel better and stronger, so just remember that in the future.

That's an excellent piece of advice.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother undeeniable,

May Allah strengthen your faith, improve the relationship with your mother even further and bless your marriage.

Aameen.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

:salam2:

I really do feel bad for writing what I wrote, and like I said in other replies i'm sorry if I offended any of my brothers and sisters. It was not my intention. I love you all for the sake of Allah (swt) and I would never hurt any of you. How can I when you all have helped me so much.

With this, i'm not leaving the site. I don't think I could anyways, lol.

Dear and sweet little sister,

Don't feel sorry at all. I'm sure you did not offend anyone. We just felt very worried about you because we all love you so much and appreciate your situation.
When I first knew about you,I felt very happy and grateful to Allah that He swt. guided you and helped you know the truth and follow it in that early age.

You are very smart and courageous and it is very normal to go through some depression. Thank God that you are better now. Please, keep on your five prayers, they'll always protect you and give you strength to hold on.

My love.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Shannonx,

You wrote the following in post #24:

I don't know what i'm doing to myself, but I woke up and read this and felt horrible for writing it. Maybe it was the sleep I got, but I feel so much more better than I did yesterday. For the first time in so long, I feel strong and I feel like I can handle anything that comes at me. When I was laying in bed this morning when I woke up, I was thinking of all the pain our brothers and sisters are going through in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, all over. I was thinking of the blessing Allah (swt) has given me which was Islam, and how i'm lucky to have Allah (swt) in my mind 24/7. That's no lie, I think of Allah (swt) every second of my life. When i'm weak, my belief in Allah (swt) is so strong. I'm a new Muslim, i'm going to go through hard times in my life like every Muslim does, and the hard times I go through will make me stronger. Islam isn't a game, and :astag: for me treating it like it was. I think i've been feeling down lately too because of the loneliness and spending Eid alone.

I really do feel bad for writing what I wrote, and like I said in other replies i'm sorry if I offended any of my brothers and sisters. It was not my intention. I love you all for the sake of Allah (swt) and I would never hurt any of you. How can I when you all have helped me so much.

You might be surprised -and dismayed- by what I'm going to say, but please remember that I'm not saying this to hurt your feelings, but really for your own good.

I disagree with brother OmarTheFrench [in his post #27] and sister farhopes [in her post #44]. I believe that you're right to feel bad about what you've written in your first post of this thread.

To feel sorry is one of the conditions of repentance being accepted by Allah the Almighty. These conditions are:

1- Stop the sin he or she is engaged in
2- Feel sorry for committing it
3- Resolve not to commit this sin again

And if there are rights for humans involved, then these rights must be returned. For example, if money is stolen from someone, then this money should be returned.

If one falls back in the same sin, then he or she should not despair. Let him or her repent again.

You being sorry and feeling horrible for what you've written is a sign of your true repentance, and may Allah accept it of you.

Aameen.

The following is the fatwa [religious opinion] found on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed ibn Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 91411 [He has repented from not praying and fasting; does he have to make up what he missed?] Please note two things; (a) the phrases I coloued red while also reading the whole opinion carefully (b) that there are two opinions of the scholars regarding whether a Muslim who delibaretely stops prayings is still a Muslim -although Sheikh Al-Munajjid favors one of these opinions-.:

Question:

I was far away from religion and I did not know anything about Islam except that I was born to Muslim parents. I had a relationship with a girl for two years, and after that Allaah blessed me and I became committed. I ask Allaah to make me and you among those who have knowledge and act according to the rulings of Islam.

Now I am repenting from all my sins by Allaah’s leave, and I have resolved never to go back to them. What I would like to ask you is: I know that one of the conditions of repentance is regret and determination never to go back to the sin, and to restore people’s rights to them if I have wronged them. What should I do with regard to the prayers and fasts that I missed before I became committed? What should I do in order to correct the wrongs I did with that girl, knowing that until now she is not married and she is still not religiously committed?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

We praise Allaah for having blessed you with guidance, and we ask Him to increase you in knowledge and guidance. We remind you to give thanks to Allaah for this great blessing, for gratefulness increases the blessing. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allaah), I will give you more (of My Blessings); but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily, My punishment is indeed severe”

[Ibraaheem 14:7]

Secondly:

What you have mentioned about the conditions of repentance is correct. With regard to making up missed acts of worship such as prayer and fasting, there are two opinions among the scholars. Some of them say that they must be made up, and this is the view of the majority.

Some scholars say that the one who did not pray does not have to make up the prayers that he missed, based on the view that he was a kaafir (when he did not pray). Hence his repentance is his becoming Muslim, which erases all the sins that came before it.

Some of the scholars do not think that the one who did not pray deliberately has to make it up, whether they think that he was a kaafir or otherwise, because the text only speaks of those who have excuses, such as the one who sleeps and misses a prayer or forgets it.

What is indicated by the saheeh evidence is that the one who does not pray is a kaafir, whether he does not pray because of laziness or denial that prayer is obligatory. See the evidence for that in question no. 5208.

Obliging the penitent to make up the prayers he has missed makes repentance too difficult, and puts people off. But the penitent should do a lot of good deeds, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”

[Ta-Ha 20:82]

The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked: I went to the United States to study and I spent five years there, during which I did not pray or fast. Allaah has guided me and I have become righteous, praise be to Allaah. How can I make up these prayers and fasts?

They replied:

If the situation is as you describe, and you have repented and begun to follow the way of guidance, you do not have to make up the prayers and fasts that you deliberately did not do, because not praying is major kufr and apostasy from Islam, even if the one who does not pray does not deny that it is obligatory. This is according to the more sound of the two scholarly opinions. If the apostate becomes Muslim again, he is not enjoined to make up the prayers and fasts that he missed during his apostasy, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam erases that which came before it, and repentance erases that which came before it.” But in the future you have to pray regularly in congregation and on time with the Muslims in the mosque, and observe the Ramadaan fast. It is also prescribed for you to do a great deal of good deeds and naafil acts of worship such as prayer, fasting, upholding ties of kinship, giving charity and other good deeds, as much as you can, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”

[Ta-Ha 20:82

We ask Allaah to make us and you steadfast in adhering to the truth and following the right path.

End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (6/41).

See also question no. 610.

Thirdly:

With regard to the girl, you should cut off all ties with her, so that the shaytaan will not find a way to tempt you to go back to a relationship with her. If you can find some righteous women who can call her to Islam, that is good.

We ask Allaah to increase you in steadfastness.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=91411&ln=eng

You're not responsible for the doubts that Satan whispers in your mind [please read what I've written above in post #41]. You are, however, responsible for what you say or do.

Having said the above, there are certain times when one hears or feels something that they really need to talk to someone about. And here I sincerely advise that you get in touch with a scholar and tell him or her the doubts that you're experiencing.

I know a guy who sent a question -in Arabic- to Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid's website [islam-qa.com] and the Sheikh replied within a relatively short period. It might take a while longer with you since your English question will have to be translated into Arabic and then his answer will have to be translated into English. Still, I believe it's worth the wait. Click on the following link to send your questions. The service is temporarily suspended, but it will -God willing- be back:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&pg=fbqa

When it does work again, you'll find a schedule that says something like:

"We will receive the questions beginning at 14:00 GMT Saturdays"

It's really important that you have your question already typed by that time, so when the site actually "opens up" to receive questions, then all you have to do is copy and paste your question and then send it.

You'll find that the site will "close up" a few minutes afterwards, because of the sheer volume of questions that are sent.

You could also try to send your question to Mr. Yasir Qadhi [the man who gave a lecture about the "purpose of life", whose video I posted in post #9]. Go to www.thedeenshow.com and then send a message to Eddie [the host of the deenshow.com] and ask him to pass on your question to Mr. Yasir Qadhi:

http://thedeenshow.com/contact.html

Again, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just a sincere piece of advice.

Finally, I'll leave you with this 16 minute video of an interview with Abdur Raheem Green [The English convert who was a Roman Catholic]. Although I don't agree with him disclosing his past sins [such as drinking alcohol], he has very excellent advice and I believe that you'll -God willing- benefit greatly from it:

[yt]wF8joJaOVJw&eurl[/yt]

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

May Allah give you peace of soul and mind and strengthen you. You are a brave sister.

Rasul-Allah SAW once said,

"The example of a believer is like a fresh tender plant; from whichever direction the wind blows, it bends the plant. Butwhen the wind dies down, (it) straightens up again."
Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 1

We all go through phazes in life and what counts is our ability to come back and stand up again. I once heard a dialogue in a movie and it was something like ...
A kid asked an elderly person that why do we fall ? and he replied so, that we may learn to stand back up again.

Allah put us in such conditions so that we may become stronger and alhamdu-lillah, you felt that way.
We all are here with you sis, we are one ummah and you have the biggest family in the whole world. So, cheer up and forget it.

Since Sister Kaylieh already have said it so I' ll only copy paste ...:SMILY149:
I'm glad you're feeling better. But this thing isn't abnormal, nor will it probably be the last time you feel down about your faith. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but iman goes up and down. So in the future, if this happens again, don't get too discouraged. You know now that it's possible to see it through till you feel better and stronger, so just remember that in the future.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

But, like I said i'm feeling a lot better now. I had lots of time to sit and think, and watched the videos people have posted here and it opened my eyes a lot more.

Jazakallahu khair everyone.

:jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:

Glad to know you are feeling a lot better
i hope you become stronger after this phase in life.

phew, had a rollercoaster ride of feelings looking into this thread

Great reply guys

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam sweet sweet little sister,

As usual I am late; however I wanted to send you love and kisses and to remind you to eat breakfast lunch and dinner. Please know by the responses how much you are loved.
your aapa

aaminah

Assalam sis, you'll be in my duas too inshaAllah.

Remember Almighty Allah says: "Oh Sons of Adam! Obey Me to the extent of your needs towards Me. Disobey Me to the extent of your ability to tolerate the fire of Hell. Collect wealth in this world according to the length of your stay here. Collect for your Akhirat(hereafter) according to the length of your stay there. Do not think that your death is far and your bounties are available, or you sins are hidden. Everything is perishable but Me." -Hadith Al-Qudsi Chptr 13.
Oh, Sons of Adam! Cultivate for Me and get benefites from Me. Ask from Me and do business with Me. Indeed, your benefits are from Me; they have not seen by any eye nor heard by any ear nor thought by any human mind. My treasure will never finish. There is no reduction in My kingdom. I am the most liberal giver. Your religion is your flesh and blood. If you purify your Deen(way of life) you have purified your flesh and blood. If you corrupted you Deen(religion) you have corrupted your flesh and blood." -Hadith Al-Qudsi Chptr 14.

I'll be happy to hear more from you here at TTI sis! :)

NasTara

All what I can say is, wherever you are... Im continuing praying for you sis...
Life is lies upon Allah's hands , he guide whom he wills.

May Allah strengthen your faith and ligthen all your tasks and may he eases you from all difficulties Ameen!:tti_sister:

A lot of you may lose respect for me, but oh well. This gets pretty personal as well. I mean, reeaally personal. So if you're going to reply back and be rude, well then don't.

A lot of crap is going on in my life right now. Family issues, friend issues, 6 classes I have to worry about, a senior project, along with a math test that I have to pass in November or I won't graduate, and I am nothing but stressed out. I'm getting migraines from it, and I never get migraines only when i'm dealing with so much. Plus it doesn't help when your brother calls you stupid and your mom and dad basically tell you you're not going to go far in life and that I probably won't graduate. I'm getting talked about so much by my so called 'friends' that it's just making me feel so low and I hate it. It scared me today because I was actually thinking of committing suicide. Along with that, i'm feeling even more stressed out because of Islam. Before anyone goes and says "slow down, you're moving to fast" that really isn't true. I've been taking my time with everything and not rushing into anything, and i'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything that I just can't deal with it. I don't even know if taking a break from Islam is possible, but I feel like I should do that. I'm getting tired of worrying about Ramadan (which I hardly participated in), Eid, everything else. This probably isn't good news, if I can't deal with all this now then will I this time next year? I actually today while sitting in my room in quietness was thinking that it was a huge mistake for me to even become a Muslim, and that I regret even learning about Islam and that I don't even feel happiness anymore, and Islam was the only thing that made me happy. Maybe it's a punishment from Allah because i'm going furthur away from him. I don't know. I've tried praying to make me feel better, so I won't feel so depressed but it really doesn't help me. I've tried helping people and tried so much to be a much more nice person, but I get treated like crap in return.

So, unless a miracle happens and my mood changes, I won't be here until June of '08 when school is over. I make a big deal about coming here because I don't know any Muslims where I live, and it gets pretty lonely and it's comforting to know that I can come here and talk to them. But, my whole mood is making me kind of angry and I don't want to snap at someone, so i'll be leaving for now. But, thank you to everyone who helped me with all my questions before I appreciate it, and I wish you all the best. :SMILY139:

Shannonx

I wish I could respond to you all individually, but it'll take to long lol :)
But I read all your replies and it brought a smile to my face knowing I have support by so many. It really helps.

Jazakallahu khair.

A

abdul ghaleeb

thats what were here for...too help if needed
mash'allaah

BrotherZak

Salam Shannon it makes me feel soo intensely sad about how you are feeling and the struggles you are currently going through..I feel like my day is a bit ruined by your post and i feel compelled to reply. Inshallah is it not possible to find one good Muslim sister in your area?Not one? I'm dumbfounded...do you live in a rural area? someone mentioned California and i imagine the Muslim community must be at least visible...if anything.

Anyways everyone is struggling and will struggle. For instance i witnessed my friend's dead body after he fell from a building and my other friend was killed...but i just had patience and went through the hardship and until i found ease just as promised in the Quran...besides can you imagine life without struggle? can you imagine if everyone was perfect? how will you feel any sense of accomplishment if life was static and constant and not subject to change? when you have patience through the hardship and obstacles and act appropriately instead of giving up and praying eventually you will feel the ease.

And when you pray and make duah..it will not be accepted by those who have "doubt" that Allah will accept their prayer. But being alone especially on Eid will always cause depression or being lonely so make sure you find immediate friends..and don't over exaggerate your hardship because other people have it much worse. My cousins are back in Somalia and live a life full of hardship according to western standards and they are happy as ever...

Please remember sister we care about you and we are not saying it superficially or out of habit but we really do...salam

Greek_Rose_2005

ASALAMU ALIKUM SISTER Shannon, I am sorry to hear you had been so stressed but upon reading all posts glad also that you feeling gradually better, I hope you will take the advice make dua, pray, inshallah make some friends at a local mosque..just incasee you dont know where the closest one is you may try this website sister amd it will show you address to local mosques..if you find its a little far there still might be some sisters nearby you can commute with ..not sure your university has it but i know where i live some of the universities have a mosque on property also you might see if they do or see if they have any programs with muslims to get involved and make some good friends nearby do remember though we all here for you will try to advice and encourage you..please dont give up when you feel low take out the quran also and read, I find when i feel down and i start feeling stressed or feeling sorry for myself ( not saying you are ) I find best medicine is reading the quran it will make you closer with Allah...

I do have some muslim sister friends in California sister, where are you maybe i can try to get them in touch with you..

http://www.islamicfinder.com/

Shannonx

There's a masjid here, but with no way to get there I just don't go. I would take the bus, but I have bad experiences from riding it so I pretty much avoid public transportation.

I'm just really shy as well of going to the masjid :(
I get very nervous especially if i'm the center of attention...like if they were to ask me a bunch of questions of why I converted..that would make me nervous lol.

I live in Lancaster, California.

BrotherZak

There's a masjid here, but with no way to get there I just don't go. I would take the bus, but I have bad experiences from riding it so I pretty much avoid public transportation.

I'm just really shy as well of going to the masjid :(
I get very nervous especially if i'm the center of attention...like if they were to ask me a bunch of questions of why I converted..that would make me nervous lol.

I live in Lancaster, California.

salam

It may be possible that you will get used to it and actually condition yourself not to be nervous or shy..i wouldn't be suprised you come out with a few good friends ;)