Calling all teachers....Interview.........help please

guidemetojannah

Asalaamu Alykum Bros and Sis
I have an interview on friday and was wondering whether any1 could help me out. It is for a teaching post in a secondary school and I have to prepare a 30min lesson on plants and have to include a level assessed task and SATs questions for a low ability year 9 class..............please can any1 help me out by explaining what a level assessed task is........any examples of SATs questions or websites that i can download them from will be really helpful. I just need someone to reassure me that what i am planning is right.
please help me and remember me in ur duas.....
jazakallah khair:tti_sister:

q8penpals

Asalaamu Alykum Bros and Sis
I have an interview on friday and was wondering whether any1 could help me out. It is for a teaching post in a secondary school and I have to prepare a 30min lesson on plants and have to include a level assessed task and SATs questions for a low ability year 9 class..............please can any1 help me out by explaining what a level assessed task is........any examples of SATs questions or websites that i can download them from will be really helpful. I just need someone to reassure me that what i am planning is right.
please help me and remember me in ur duas.....
jazakallah khair:tti_sister:
Salam

A level assessed task means basically how is your lesson going to reach the slow learners, the average learners, and the quick learners, without alienating any of the others, and how are you going to grade each student based on the different levels.

For instance, (this is an elementary idea, just to show you) for plants. You may have a lesson explaining the parts of the plant (roots, stem, leaf, flower, fruit). You may have a handout where the kids have to match the words to the picture (easiest level), have the kids draw a plant they like and label the parts (middle level), and then explain in sentences what each part is (highest level). All students will do all levels (perhaps some with a partner if they are really slow), and it should guarantee that all students are successful in some part, and all students are challenged as well.

Then when you grade it, you should expect that all students should get the easiest level correct, most students should get the middle level correct, and a few studetns will get all 3 levels correct. Therefore, the basic grading would be that an acceptable grade (I don't know where you are as to how to label the grades) for the first part done correctly (a C in the US), a B for parts 1 & 2 done correctly, and an A for all parts done correctly. Partially correct or incorrect parts can make the + or - grades. If the student attempts the page and does not finish, they get a D grade, and of course, if it is not done or turned in at all, it is a failing grade.

If you need more help, I have 11 years experience in teaching, many of those working with assessments and assessment techniques.

Lana

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Keep in mind the magic words in a lesson plan. Introduction: five minute fun activity that will excite the kids. Make this a hands on..no lecture...get the kids involved.
Vocabulary: have a poster with the new vocabulary words for everyone to see in BOLD print.
Review: make sure you take five minutes to review the major concepts.

In a lesson plan you need to address the three modalities of learning. Give the students an opportunity to ask questions. Have a ten minute activity that is small groups.

Most questions need to be multiple choice. However for the 9th grade you need a variety of questions.
Have extra pencils and paper for the students.
You will be fine...