Can a Girl Get Married on Her Own?

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Can a girl get married by herself if elders and her parents do not take interest in her marriage? Does she have the right? What does Islam say about the age for her marriage?

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
salamu alaykum .

i agree with you brother that the Sunnaof the messenger of Allah subhanahu wa taala Mohamad salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam is our law in all life.
but what is dangerouse is to add somthing or tell somthing that exsist not in Sunna , like the age of 20 when the woman gcan give birth.
the Sunna is clear brothers and sisters: the messenger of Allah salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam , married our mother of belivers Aisha at age of 6 years old , but they peace be upon them consumed marriage at age of puberty .

sister , the answer to question like this is not easy when the informations are general .
befor to tell you any thing you must give clear informations about the persones who will marry , their religions , and more details . why the parrents refuse ? ...

wa alhamdulilahi rabi al alamine.

ya brother your right...first of all ..there is no such thing in hadith to add somthing or tell somthing that exsist not in Sunna , like the age of 20 when the woman gcan give birth.and brother i think aisha(r.a.a.)did not marry at the age of 6 ....and brother your right why will parents refuse?..but some parents do not understand..
:salam2:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Aisyah Radhiyallahu 'anha was married with Rasulullah 'alaihi Shalawatullah wa Salaam when she was 6 years old. And he hugged and kissed her when she was 9 years old.

Telling people that marrying a girl when she was 6 years old and should have children at the age of 20 years old, is not adding.
Because Aisyah Radhiyallahu 'anha was never pregnant.

And like I said before, that Islam protects the right of medical science, it does not taken as Bid'ah, and even in Sunnah there are medical science.
So saying that wifes should not give birth when her hip bone aren't strong yet, is protected by Islam, is not going against it.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

:wasalam:
how can you say that aisha (r.a.a) mariied muhammad (s.a.w) aat the age of 6 and kissed him and hugged him at the age of 9? do you have any quranic proof or any hadith behind this statement?

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.:blackhijab:

Idris16

:wasalam:
how can you say that aisha (r.a.a) mariied muhammad (s.a.w) aat the age of 6 and kissed him and hugged him at the age of 9? do you have any quranic proof or any hadith behind this statement?

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.:blackhijab:
Salam
Its the other way around, Nabi Muhammad SAW married Aisha when she was nine years old!

And Abdul Musa'ir is there any hadeeth where it says women cant get birth before the age of 20??!

Robab

daughter of Adam
islam does not like it

sister i understand ur problem u asked what a girl can marry by herself?? a maiden(unmarried)girl can not marry by herself.her wali(father,brother)should be available.it is compulsary :tti_sister:for her savity.ok

Idris16

Can a girl get married by herself if elders and her parents do not take interest in her marriage? Does she have the right? What does Islam say about the age for her marriage?
abt age u can marry whenever u want, but ur wali must agree with it. u cant marry by urself. talk with ur family, i guess it will get better then insh'Allah.

Ali.0009

Is it imperative to seek the consent of the parents or guardians
in a marriage?
This question has assumed great importance in
this era since some marriages are taking place against the wishes
of the parents and guardians.

In this regard the stance of Islam is that the consent of the
parents/guardians is not a legal requirement of marriage. The legal
requirements are only two: the man and woman who intend to get
married must be chaste and a man must pay dower (Mahr) to his
wife. However, the consent of the parents/guardians is a cultural
and social requirement of marriage. Narratives like ‘ ’َلا نِكَا  ح اِلَّا بِ  ولِى
(No marriage should take place without the [permission of] the
guardian)22 and other similar ones actually allude to this aspect.
They are a corollary of the social directives of Islam pertaining to
the institution of family and is based on great wisdom.

Since the preservation and protection of the family set-up is of paramount
importance to Islam, it is but natural that marriage takes place
through the consent of the parents who are the foremost guardians.
It is obvious that a marriage solemnized through the consent of the
parents shields and shelters the newly formed family.

However, there can always be an exception to this general
principle. If a man and a woman feel that the rejection on the
part of the parents has no sound reasoning behind it or that the
parents, owing to some reason, are not appreciating the grounds
of this union, they have all the right to take this matter to the
courts of justice.
It is now up to the court to analyze and evaluate
the whole affair. If it is satisfied with the stance of the man and
woman, it can give a green signal to them. In this case, as is
apparent from a Hadith, the state shall be considered the
guardian of the couple. On the other hand, if the court is of the
view that the stand of the parents is valid, it can stop the
concerned parties from engaging in wedlock. However, no one
has the authority to invalidate a marriage that has not been
solemnized through the consent of the parents or the guardian.

------

Since your parents are not taking interest in your marrage, its better you should take some step rather then wasting your life as a result of ignorace from your parents.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister i understand ur problem u asked what a girl can marry by herself?? a maiden(unmarried)girl can not marry by herself.her wali(father,brother)should be available.it is compulsary :tti_sister:for her savity.ok

thanks a lot for giving me more information about this

JustTruth

Marriage without a wali is not valid, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no marriage except with a wali (guardian).” Narrated by Abu Dawood (2085), al-Tirmidhi (1101) and Ibn Majaah (1881) from Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

mohd2008

:salam2:
In our habits and traditions
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
No marriage without a father or brother or guardian

revert2007

Love Fishing
i got married by myself and no one attended my marriage lol..well it is easy for me coz am a revert and my wali is the judge..so my lawyer prepared the paper for my wali....and i hv to produce this document which states that the judge is my wali.and i present in the court and presented this document.

but if ur boen muslism then no matter how,u must bring a wali who is ur father if he is still alive..if not other close male relative of urs...without ur wali present and gives his permission,ur marriage is not valid