Can I do it?

islam_best

Assalaamlalaikum warahmatullahi wabrakaathu,

Hope this reaches you all in best of health and Imaan.Ameen. When I had questioned a lady who was Christian about the concept of Trinity she was unable to answer it. The next day she handed over a bible to my cousin to passs it over to me as I had already left the place.Now I want to give HER a Quran with English translation but a friend of mine says you cant give Quran to Kafirs...How? I mean i have watched videos of Yusuf Estes,Zakir Naik who give away Quran to many interested people.Well I dunno if she is interested or not but i wanna atleast try it out.Is it correct or not?Please guide me.May Allah Azwajal guide us all to the right path till our deaths and grant us all Jannatulfirdous the hereafter.Ameen Ya Mujeeb.Ameen.

Wassalaaamaliakum warahmatullahi wabrakaathu

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Wa'alykum as salam,
There is nothing wrong in it.If you want to give a Quran to any Non-Muslim you can,but make sure that it doesn't contain any Arabic text in it.just give the copy of English Translation.
Note:please don't use the word "Kafir" rather you can say a "Non-Muslim".Its my request.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen: what is the ruling on giving a kaafir a copy of the Qur’aan containing the text in Arabic and a translation and commentary amounting to half of the content?

He replied, may Allaah preserve him:

“What is known among the scholars is that it is not permissible to give a kaafir power over the Qur’aan (i.e., put it at his disposal), but if a kaafir is sincere in his desire to know more about the Qur’aan, a person can invite him to come to a library – either a public library or his own home library, where he can show him the Qur’aan.”

If you find a translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan without the Arabic text then there is nothing wrong with giving that to a kaafir. And Allaah knows best.
I didn't know this.

ezireg

Nothing wrong

essalam aleikum

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving quran to non muslims i mean think about it how would one learn about islam? and i dont think it has to be a translation,what about non muslim arabs

salam

rightpath_357

No-:D- go ahead and give her the Qur'an- with English transilation, and I'm not sure- but give her one with SIMPLE english transilation if you can- with new English, not the old kind- because then she might misinterperate something.

Salam