Can someone please explain this?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalmu alaykumu

My little brother asked a couple of questions that only Allah has knowledge of. Can someone please provide a hadith or quranic verse that talks about knowledge only Allah has? I know this one,

"And when thy Lord said (qaa-la) to the angels, I am going to place a ruler in the earth, they said : Wilt Thou place in it such as make mischief in it and shed blood? And we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness. He said : Surely I know what you know not. "

I need a couple more inshaAllah, because even that is an answer to all those impossible questions.

Thank you very much
:hearts:
Wasalam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
wa alaikum salaam,

here are few;

"He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries " (72:26)

"Nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Apostles [for the purpose]"
[Sura al-Imran, verse 179]

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahamatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

Ukhti there are many ayah and hadith, i cant find many for some reason

“ Know you not that Allah knows all that is in heaven and on earth? Indeed it is (all) in the Book (Al-Lauh Al.-Mahfuz), and that is easy for Allah” (22:70).

Al-Baqarah 2:29 He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He Istawa (rose over) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything.

here is a hadith (with quran verse) about ruh, whos knowledge only Allah (swt) has

Narrated 'Abdullah: While I was going with the Prophet through the ruins of Medina and he was reclining on a date-palm leaf stalk, some Jews passed by. Some of them said to the others: Ask him (the Prophet) about the soul. Some of them said that they should not ask him that question as he might give a reply which would displease them. But some of them insisted on asking, and so one of them stood up and asked, "O Aba-l-Qasim ! What is the soul?" The Prophet remained quiet. I thought he was being inspired Divinely. So I stayed till that state of the Prophet (while being inspired) was over. The Prophet then said, "And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the Ruh (the Soul); Say: "The Ruh (the Soul): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." ." (Al-Isra 17.85) (Book 3 Hadith 127 Sahih Bukhari)

They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom." 2:32

well basicaly there are many inshAllah if i come across more ill share

walaikum salam wr wb

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu..

I was in search of an answer for SOUL sometime back when i was going through various websites in search if Science has proved existence of soul.. But in vain, i got confused more.. Then i stumbled upon this verse when i was reading Quran.. :) Alhamdulilah.. :)

Surah Al-Isra - 17:85

Sahih International: And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about the soul. Say, "The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little."

Pickthall: They are asking thee concerning the Spirit. Say: The Spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little.

Yusuf Ali: They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

strive-may-i

Assalaamualaikum wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu..

I was in search of an answer for SOUL sometime back when i was going through various websites in search if Science has proved existence of soul.. But in vain, i got confused more.. Then i stumbled upon this verse when i was reading Quran.. :) Alhamdulilah.. :)
Walaikum Ssalaam,
So after stumbling on verse, was the confusion gone? what is your conclusion?! Answer these or maybe a separate thread!

Science has proved existence of ___.... Maybe you meant to convey something else. And if 'science of the age/day' does not prove or has failed to prove or cannot prove something exists, does it mean it does not exist? :)

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikum Ssalaam,
So after stumbling on verse, was the confusion gone? what is your conclusion?! Answer these or maybe a separate thread!

Asslaamualaikum brother..

Yep, after stumbling upon the verse the confusion did evade off.. :) This happened to me when i was a toddler in Islam. Just gathering information, searching for scientific proofs, questioning my friends about various topics, trying to find out logical reasoning behind Hadiths and Verses of The Quran. So, i happened to look out for an answer if science has proved existence of soul.. Searched a various no of sites, went through them.. Some say it's crap, some say it exists, some aren't sure.. But didn't get a satisfactory answer which could please me, no where. I know not, whether science has proved it or not, because i ain't no Einstein. But when my eyes fell upon that verse.. Believe me when i say this: -

It was like a sign from Allah(SWT), a simple sign which concreted my imaan further more. And made a huge difference

After that i stopped searching about it, because i started believing that no matter how much we humans try to research out about SOUL and prove it's existence.. We wont be, as the VERSE confirms it. That Allah(SWT) only has the knowledge about it.

My conclusion brother -

Whether anybody likes it or not.. Quran is the ULTIMATE TRUTH.
I might be wrong, you might be wrong, any human can be wrong.. But MY HOLY QURAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Science has proved existence of ___.... Maybe you meant to convey something else. And if 'science of the age/day' does not prove or has failed to prove or cannot prove something exists, does it mean it does not exist? :)

Nope brother.. I din't mean, if science proves then only it exists.. I am nobody to doubt the authenticity of Quran and My Prophet(SAW).. It's just that when I happen to come across a scientific proof (or) find out a logic reasoning(which satisfies me) of a verse/hadiths.. It increases my faith two-folds.. Plus it also equips me, so that if a person comes and asks me about it, i can give a back-up info on it too :)

If am wrong please do correct me.. And i loved the way u put ur "smiley" ;) brought a big smile on my face.. :)

Peace :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

This reminds me of lecture Tafseer Surah Luqmaan that I listened to some time ago.

In the last ayaat of the Surah, it stated clearly of the 5 things of the ghaayb (unseen) that only Allaah posses knowledge of.

"Indeed, Allah [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." [Surah Luqmaan, 31: 34]

And it is said that, for the raindrops, Allaah even knows where each droplets of rain will fall. Indeed, Allaah is Al-`Aleem wa Al-Hakeem.

There are many other ayaats in the Qur`an that talk about Allaah's Knowledge. Will add later when I found it, inshaa Allaah.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam.