Can you use a bathroom rug as a prayer mat?

melbman

Can I use a clean bathroom mat to call a prayer rug? It is decorated with flowers and is very nice. I have nothing else, and it is the only clean thing that I have. I know I can use a towel, but this mat is pretty and I'd like to use it. Can I?

SonOfAdam

Staff member
As long as it does not have any impurities or pictures of living animals you can pray on anything, even dirt or sand.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum!
Brother melbman,
i don't think so bro ,pretty YET a bath room mat!!!Come'on show some respect:cool:
Use the clean towel
and most important you get Khusyuk in Solat too .:salah:
no prayer mat ?you can also purchase any other good mat with no features
on it.
Islam is easy but don't abuse to get personal cosy :)
~May Allah swt help and guide you ~Amin!

~Wassalam :)

Last edited:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim:
"And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion;
but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason?"
[Holy Quran- 6:32 ]

amanda-minard

Can I use a clean bathroom mat to call a prayer rug? It is decorated with flowers and is very nice. I have nothing else, and it is the only clean thing that I have. I know I can use a towel, but this mat is pretty and I'd like to use it. Can I?
If you are not using it in the bathroom also it would be ok, be sure to wash it first, it must not have any human waste on it. Flushing a toilet with the lid open causes human waste particles to spread in a 20 ft radius from toilet, (many people don't realize this, closing the lid prevents this) so it should be freshly cleaned. You can use a blanket or towel though if you do not have an extra rug. Bless you, hope this helps. :)