Changing careers

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
As-salaamu Alaikum

Has anyone changed careers? How old were you? Is there an age when it's too late to change careers?

I am thinking of changing careers to become a midwife but I worry about family which is important to me and I don't want to put my career over my family. But I also want to get in school and get out?

strive-may-i

Walaikum Salaam

In Career switch, the knowledge, know -how of the new role, the day to day operational minutes are important. The more different the career is from existing one, the more challenges it poses and more effort it demands. If you have a good working idea of new career (either natural or learnt) and you can make as an easy connect to its expectations, you are then all set. The closer you skills and knowledge matches to new role, the more easier the transition. But if the new career demands extra hours and bigger commitments; then for mothers in particular and family person in general, the family might have to make some adjustments!

I would suggest you seek someone who has been down the path you are trying now. You will get role specific insights; helping you arrive at well informed assessment.

Even sisters here could help.

May Almighty give you with sufficient means to livelihood that helps you and your family in deen and Duniya.... Ameen

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Walaikum Salaam

In Career switch, the knowledge, know -how of the new role, the day to day operational minutes are important. The more different the career is from existing one, the more challenges it poses and more effort it demands. If you have a good working idea of new career (either natural or learnt) and you can make as an easy connect to its expectations, you are then all set. The closer you skills and knowledge matches to new role, the more easier the transition. But if the new career demands extra hours and bigger commitments; then for mothers in particular and family person in general, the family might have to make some adjustments!

I would suggest you seek someone who has been down the path you are trying now. You will get role specific insights; helping you arrive at well informed assessment.

Even sisters here could help.

May Almighty give you with sufficient means to livelihood that helps you and your family in deen and Duniya.... Ameen

Wa alaikum salaam

Thanks for the advice. I plan to attend an informational session at the college in my area. Yeah, I know it'll be a big transition. I am going from an educational background to a nursing career. :SMILY346: