chicken korma recipes!?!?

aless

:salam2: sisters

I fancy making that chicken korma (you know the chicken immersed in coconut niceee) that they make here in Indian restaurants in London,

but does chicken korma actually exist !?!? Lol

I would like a traditional recipe!!!

:wasalam:

nasayem

:salam2: sister.
Chicken Korma does exist but I find is too sweet.The recipy below is curry made by the Gurkha's & is very nice.
:wasalam:

CHICKEN CARDAMOM

This is the way Chicken Cardamom is REALLY cooked. It is not difficult to make and does not take very long either. Cooking it to this recipe will produce a totally authentic dish that will appeal to a wide range of palates.
I have put up this recipe because it is so TASTY and the mix of flavours is really astonishing. This is not a fire breathing curry, but it is warm.
Serve with a jug of water with lemon slices and ice cubes for those thirsty diners.

This recipe will make enough for 8 good sized portions. Divide everything by 2 for a standard meal - but keep the cooking times the same - and if you do scale down the quantities just keep an eye on the dish that it does not burn.

Ingredients:
2 Kg chicken meat chopped into small pieces or cubes
200 g onions
250 ml natural yoghurt
125 ml vegetable oil
5 g cardamom seeds
25 g ginger (chopped - NOT powdered)
4 cloves of garlic
5 g fennel seeds
3 g cayenne pepper (1 teaspoon)
5 g turmeric
7 cm of a cinnamon stick
2 cloves
350 ml cold water

Method:
1. Peel and chop the onions, garlic and ginger into small pieces.
2. Make a masala from the yoghurt, cardamom, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, fennel and cayenne by grinding the mixture into a smooth paste.
3. Sprinkle the meat with a little salt, then pour over the masala mixture, and allow to marinade for at least an hour.
4. Heat the oil, in a large pan, until a slight blue haze can bee seen. Add the cinnamon (chopped/ground into fine pieces), the cloves and the onion pieces. Cook until the onion is golden brown.
5. Add the marinaded chicken pieces to the pan which should still have the onions, cloves and cinnamon, making sure that you get as much of the marinade in the pan as possible.
6. Put it back on the heat. Without stirring the mixture, you should see oil slowly rising to the surface. At this stage CAREFULLY add the cold water and bring the mixture back to the boil.
7. Cover the pan and simmer over a low heat until the chicken is cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
8. Serve the chicken meat on a bed of rice and pour over the masala that is left behind in the pan.

The rice can be either plain, pilau or saffron. On the table add small serving bowls with individually contain chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers and chutney. This allows your diners to add the hot/cold selections from the bowls as they wish. This is also wonderful when served with nan bread or similar.

CHICKEN CUTLET

This is a wonderfully unusual way to cook a cutlet. I doubt there is another recipe like this one!
Cooking it to this recipe will produce a totally authentic dish that will appeal to a wide range of palates - both European and Asian.
Once again, this is so TASTY as the mix of flavours is really astonishing.

This recipe will make enough for 8 good sized portions. Divide everything by 2 for a standard meal.

Ingredients:
1 kg chicken meat - chopped into small pieces
100 g onions
50 g ginger
5 g cinnamon powder
10 g turmeric
10 g garam flour (besan)
3 green chillies - chopped up
50 g plain flour
2 eggs - whisked in a bowl
125 g bread crumbs
100 g tomatoes
100 g cucumber
300 ml cold water with a pinch of salt

Method:
1. Peel the onions and the ginger pieces. DO NOT chop them up.
2. Put the whole onions and ginger pieces into the cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Add the chicken pieces.
3. Boil the chicken (with the onions and ginger) until the meat is cooked. Once cooked, remove the meat but keep the onions and ginger. Put the meat to one side and allow to cool.
4. Once cool, put the chicken, the ginger and the onions through a mincer.
5. Put the resulting chicken/ginger/onion mixture into a bowl and add the cinnamon, garam flour, turmeric and chopped chillies. Mix together well.
6. Add a pinch of salt and divide the chicken mixture into 8 equal sized pieces.
7. Mould each portion of the chicken mixture into a flatish medallion shape about 5 mm thick. Dust each medallion with plain flour, place into a bowl of whisked eggs, remove and coat with bread crumbs.
8. Repeat this for all 8 medallions (cutlets).
9. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the cutlets on both sides until golden brown. Take care not to burn them on the outsides.

These chicken cutlets are best served with a salad and a garnish of sliced tomato and cucumber. A small bowl of mango (or any other flavour) chutney adds a little 'something'.

FRIED CURRIED CHICKEN

Once again, this is yet another unique curry dish, but one which is simple to make.
Serve with a jug of chilled water with a few lemon slices floating in it. This dish should not turn out to taste very hot.

This recipe will make enough for 8 good sized portions. Divide everything by 2 for a standard meal.

Ingredients:
2 kg chicken meat
200 g onions
200 g tomatoes
75 ml vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic
25 g ginger
50 g garam masala
25 g coriander
salt to taste

Method:
1. Cut the chicken meat into small pieces.
2. Cut the tomatoes into a concasse. See Tomato Concasse
3. Wash, then finely chop the coriander (or cheat and use dried and powdered coriander).
4. Peel the tomatoes and bring them up with the garlic and ginger to make a paste.
5. Sprinkle the garam masala over the chicken and then put it into a frying pan of hot oil.
6. Fry the chicken pieces until they are golden brown, then take them out and put to one side. Reheat the oil until it is hot.
7. Add the onion, garlic and ginger paste to the oil and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt. Continue to fry the mixture for another 4 minutes.
8. Now place the cooked chicken meat in the pan with the mixture and cook over a low heat until the meat is really tender and most of the liquid has boiled away. Take care the mixture does not burn.
9. Put the chicken into a heated serving dish and garnish with a little chopped coriander.

This is nice served on a bed of rice - or with a salad - with bowls of chopped onion, tomato, chutney, cucumber etc. on the table.

q8penpals

Salam

WOW, I am sure these recipes are tasty, but MAN, they are each a lot of work! I like my good old fashioned beef pot-roast - put the roast in the pan, sprinkle on your spices, drop in as many of your favorite vegetables as will fit in the pan with the roast, pop in the oven for about 3 hours...DONE! One dish to wash, and I can be doing other things while it is cooking!

I order delivery for things that are too hard to cook! LOL! :-D