Child Aatif Abdul-Ahad MuhibAllah Reads Qur'aan

rahmatimer

Salam Brothers and Sisters,
I forget what it is called but can someone please inform me how to pray the prayer where you ask Allah to help you decide between making decisions. I forget what it is called but it is a prayer where you ask God to help you decide between 2 or more things. You are supposed to see a sign somewhere along maybe in your dreams or so..
Im sorry if Im being too vague but if someone knows what I'm talking about please help me. Its something you recite during prayer. If anyone knows please help

Thank you all very much
Salam

as-salaam,
The salaat is called salaatul-istikhaarah...this is the salaat that you pray when you need guidance from Allah, from either a problem with no solution, or one that has 2 or more solutions.It is not necessary that one must experience or see an evident change or vision. Allah Ta'ala alone knows what is best for His servants. the du'a recited is...
The Prophet Muhammad said, "If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles (rak'atain) of voluntary prayer." Then with all sincerity recite the following Du'a.

Allaahumma innee astakheeruka bi ilmika wa-astaqdiruka biqudratika wa-as'aluka min fadhlika al-adheem. Fa innaka taqdiru walaa aqdiru. Wa ta'lamu walaa a'alamu wa anta allaamul ghuyoob. Allaahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna haadhal-amr khayrun liy fiy deeniy wa-ma'aashiy wa-aaqibat amriy, fa'qdruhliy wa-yassirh liy thumma baarik liy feehi. Wa in-kunta ta'lamu anna haadhal amr sharrun liy fiy deeniy wa-ma'aashiy was-'aaqibat amriy. Fa asrifh annee wa-srif 'anhu. Wa aqdurh liyal khayr hayth kaana thumma a-rdhiniy bihee

Translation :

O Allah!! Behold I ask You the good through Your Knowledge, and ability through Your Power, and beg (Your favour) out of Your infinite Bounty. For surely You have Power; I have none. You know all; I know not. You are the Great Knower of all things.

O Allah! If in Your Knowledge this matter be good for my faith (Deen), for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then ordain it for me, and make it easy for me, and bless me therein. But if in Your Knowledge, this matter be bad for my faith (Deen) for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away therefrom, and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased therewith.

Results of Istikhaarah

After doing salat-l-istikhara, you may feel more inclined toward a decision one way or the other.
I do not believe you will see a visio or soemthing alike...
jazaakallah...as-salaamu alykum wa rahmatulallah

juhel_king

mashallah- fantastic recitation!!!

that was beautiful recitation, alhamdulillah...
may allah reward this very young brother.

RATIB

Barakallahu fiqumu....it such a nice recitation that you would like to hear the whole quran reciation.