Christian acting like muslim??

BegumRehana

Asalamwalaikum,
I have this non muslim sister who tells me she prays 5 times a day like a muslim and she uses terms like 'inshaAllah' and 'MashaAllah'.. She's asking me if she's allowed to do this, she's saying:

"Now I do or I guess now use to pray five times a day similar to a Muslim. Is it really wrong of me to be saying inshallah or mashallah?? Is it wrong for me to pray like a Muslim?? why do I have to be limited to what I do??? I feel so frustrated and upset it's like I am walking on eggshells with people:/ I am being me naturally curious and I like to take things and use them whether it's praying like you guys or talking like you guys"

Can someone provide me with some information to correct this matter InshaAllah :)

Thannkyou..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Tell her it is not that she is being limited. It is that she has limited her experiences. Talk to her. Tell her its almost like she is Cinderella. She has the most beautiful gown for the ball but, she is still outside looking into the grand ballroom and all its delights.
One more step and she will be the belle of the ball.

She has limited her set of spiritual experiences to a novel way of praying. Now, she needs to understand why she is praying and most importantly Who is she praying to and what is she praying for. Each word of prayer has to be pregnant with answers to the above questions. And there is only one answer: Islam.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum, just keep on giving her Da'wah.

I have a friend like that who EVEN tried wearing the Hijab for a whole day !! alhamdulillaah,

she said she is "really THINKING about converting" so hopefully she becomes a Muslim! may Allaah guide those who seek His guidance!!

its good that she is doing these things because what she is left with right NOW is saying the Shahadah!! may Allaah guide her to the truth!! give her space and let her ponder upon the Qur'an. Ask her "what is one thing thats stopping you from becoming a Muslim?? and then try to answer all her "misconceptions" and sorta open the door for her to STEP in and be among us!!

but most of all......SUPPLICATE for her so Allaah guides her to that which is HAQQ!

revert2007

Love Fishing
Asalamwalaikum,
I have this non muslim sister who tells me she prays 5 times a day like a muslim and she uses terms like 'inshaAllah' and 'MashaAllah'.. She's asking me if she's allowed to do this, she's saying:

"Now I do or I guess now use to pray five times a day similar to a Muslim. Is it really wrong of me to be saying inshallah or mashallah?? Is it wrong for me to pray like a Muslim?? why do I have to be limited to what I do??? I feel so frustrated and upset it's like I am walking on eggshells with people:/ I am being me naturally curious and I like to take things and use them whether it's praying like you guys or talking like you guys"

Can someone provide me with some information to correct this matter InshaAllah :)

Thannkyou..

As salamu 'alaikum waramathulah wabarakathu

Sister,when a non Muslim said she/he prays 5 time what does it mean?Does mean dua or salah(reciting Al-fatihah,ruku,sujud and so on?do they pray in arabic?).

The second thing,she is not sinful for using Islamic terms.But she is sinful for not beliving in Allah The Exalted.

She is studying yet she is not planning to sit for the exam.What is the point of studying then?

If you plan tododawah to her,find out the reasons why she is doing this?What she believes in?What is she expecting from doing this?

Allah knows the best.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Love what the others have said before me. This sister is taking her time. Let her. Islam must enter the heart and the mind before it is real in a person's life. Islam has entered this lady's heart. Mind is next insha-Allah :)

Search the forum for videos of people just like her, one is called "I was a Christian AND Muslim for seven years" and another is called "I was Muslim all my life and did not know it!"

Brother can you plz give me the video.I have posted it last year in my blog but the video cannot be viewed .

BegumRehana

Walaykumasalam, JazakaAllah for the thoughts and ideas brothers and sisters :)

I will talk to her regarding all of this you have suggested to me. This has been going on for like 4 months, and it started all off by prophet Jesus. I gave her soo many contradictions of the bible and i explained to her about islam.

sister AmatuAllah4lyf* : she told me how she wore the hijab aswel and she wears it sometimes and she really likes it. May Allah guide her ameen.

Bother ayman: InshaAllah, but i have already told her that Allah is showing her the way to islam as she's really interested in it and shes doing many things that a muslim is meant to do. But she said to me that she's just interested in islam and why cant she be both muslim and christian, also she said no matter what she won't change her faith, this is why am confused in giving her dawah. Its just soo hard for her to accept that prophet jesus is the prophet.. But like you said, it takes time and May Allah show her the path of truth. Thankyou for the video suggestions :)

And yes sister 'revert2007' I will actually ask her who she prayes to and how.

JazakaAllah khair for all you suggestions and thankyou to sister aapa and brother Abdul Hasib too, by the way am from uk brother hasib and yes i will show her these links, i even told her to join tti but she still hasnt.

Thankyou once again :)

arzafar

It appears that truth has entered her heart but the shaitan is whispering and creating doubts. Tell her to read quraan translation and listen to arabic recitation. That is the KEY!!!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Many people start to behave like that when they are looking for islam. Me too a long time ago; prayed as I felt I have to but not sure why I had.

:tti_sister:

Something un-natural forced me to do so.

Now I know this un-natural was Allah only.

revert2007

Love Fishing
I wish I had it, but my system crashes when I play YouTube an dother Flash videos, so I don't keep them. If you can post it here as an attachment, I may be able to convert it for you to another format, such as WMP.

If you don't have it, then perhaps the admin can locate it for you in the TTI archives.

As salamau'alaikum waramathulah wabarakathu

I don't think it was posted here as an attachement.As far as I remember,it was a yt link and it is private
Here is the link

Jazaka Allah khairan for replying.

Allah knows the best
As salamau'alaikum waramathulah wabarakathu