Concentration during Salat.. advice?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum everybody,

What should I do when the Imam is reciting a long surah and I can't concentrate fully all the time? I don't understand Arabic so I don't understand it. I usually try and pay attention to the words, but when you're standing up for half an hour, it's hard.....

Before somebody says "learn arabic" or memorise entire Quran, that's not the type of answer I'm looking for as I have already came to those conclusions on my own :D

What should you do? I remember one of the prophets (Sulaiman? (pbuh)) got in trouble for thinking about horses during his prayer.

Also, when we are sitting down and praying in a group, what do I do if I finish reciting but the Imam is still going?

Salams.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
what do I do if I finish reciting but the Imam is still going
?

u should wait till ur Imam finsh reciting Quran..

================
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The imaam is appointed to be followed. When he says ‘Allaahu akbar’, then say ‘Allaahu akbar’, do not say it until he has said it. When he bows in rukoo’, then bow in rukoo’, and do not do it until he has done it. When he says ‘Sami’a Allaahu liman hamidah,’ then say, ‘Allaahumma Rabbanaa laka al-hamd.’ When he prostrates, then prostrate, and do not do it until he has done it. If he prays standing then pray standing, and if he prays sitting, then pray sitting, all of you.” (This version narrated by Abu Dawood; similar reports are also narrated in al-Saheehayn).

What we learn from this hadeeth is that it is obligatory to follow the imaam, and that he is the leader in the movements, actions and words of the prayer. It is not permissible to differ from him. The best is for the follower’s movements to come immediately after the imaam’s movements, and not to delay them … This immediate following is indicated (in the original Arabic of the hadeeth) by the particle fa (then), which implies sequence.

We also learn from this hadeeth that anticipating or preceding the imaam is forbidden, and if it is done deliberately, it invalidates the prayer. Delaying following him, like preceding him, is not allowed.
The phrase “the imaam is appointed to be followed” means that the one who is following should not precede the one whom he is following or move at the same time as him; his movements should come straight after the imaam’s movements. And Allaah knows best.

=======================
and after that u should tell him to reading shorting surah..and tell him

But if he is leading others in prayer, then he should make it only so long as not to cause hardship to those who are praying behind him, because the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you leads the people in prayer, let him make the prayer short, because among them are the young, the elderly, the weak, the sick and those who are in need. But if he is praying qiyaam by himself, let him make his prayer as long as he wants.

<wasalam>

islamicfajr

muhamm4d

salaams

:salam2:
what i tryy to do is read a GOOD translation of the quran, whilst listening to to quran, and follow it like that. Its amazing how much arabic u pik up! but remember it only rough translation of the meanings, and only a temporary solution whilst we alllll r learning arabic! ;-)

Ramadhan is a good time to do it as well, i attempt to listen to what they will pray in the taraweh at night,so i have a rough understanding.. inshaAllah khayr.

:wasalam: