Congregational Prayers

Islam!!yay

Salam

I know praying together is important but I have no easy access to the mosque so how about praying together at home ?

Can I still pray alone though ? at home when the mosque is not close ?

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam

This question is not easy to answer akhi. Ask a sheikh you trust from your country..
Allahu A'lem

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

When you are distant from the masjid, it is not obligatory upon you to pray in congregation there. You have to pray at home though. It is good to do it in together if you can, whilst you are at home.

There is a fatwa fatwa by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), when he was asked about a man who lives in a house far away from the mosque and has to use a car to go to the prayers because if he goes on foot he sometimes misses the prayer, but he can hear the adhaan over the loudspeakers. Is there any sin on him if he prays at home with three or four neighbours in the home of one of them?

The Shaykh replied:
You have to pray with your Muslim brothers in the mosque, if you can hear the adhaan in your home at a normal volume without the aid of loudspeakers, when other sounds are silent and there is nothing to prevent you from hearing it.

If you are far away and cannot hear the adhaan without the loudspeakers, it is permissible for you to pray in your house or with some of your neighbours, because it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to the blind man when he asked him for permission to pray in his house: “Can you hear the call to prayer?” He said, “Yes.” He said, “Then answer it.” Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh. (fatwa Islamqa)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
But can I still pray alone though ? Honestly I am more at peace when I pray alone!

:salam:
:75:
It's better to pray in the mosque but if you have to do at home sure you can, provided that at least you must have a person (to follow)that you can led to pray to make it a congregation(to led as an imam(leader) if not then you can't make the niah(niat) but to make niat to pray alone(non congregation).

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!
Take care,
~Wassalam :)