Content Heart

abdul1001

Any clue how to have content heart. Please be rational and logical... i know the very common answer. That we Muslims usually believe and is true. But still is there any answers outside the religious point of view. For example some get hurt due to some incident in life that has nothing to do with religion, z.b,victim of bad behavior etc ...
Then how to recover and have contentment in his life

Umm Abdullah

Why are you looking for answers outside Islam?
Allahs says in the Qur'an: الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

"Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured". (13:28)

We can only feel contenment if we remember Allah in all circumstances. If we experience a tragedy, we don't dwell on it for too long. We just say to Allah we belong and to him we shall return and move on. Likewise if we are blessed in some way, we don't forget be grateful for the blessing. At some point in our lives we will get hurt/experience death of a close relative " and these days (of varying conditions) we alternate among the people" (3:140).

Whatever has happened to you in your life you have to know that it was written down before you came out of your mothers womb! So the way to recover from what life throws at us is to be patient and content with the decree of Allah. And we should always have good opinion of Allah ( حسن الظن بالله ).

Also, we should actually expect to be tested from Allah just as He 'Azza wa Jal says in the Qur'an:
أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَنْ يُتْرَكُوا أَنْ يَقُولُوا آمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ, وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ ۖ فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ
"Do the people think that they will be left to say, " We believe" and they will not be tried'? But we have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars." (29:2-3).

The question you put was broad, and I don't know if you were looking for a specific answer. Anywho, I hope my answer will be of use.

abdul1001

Thanks a lot, it was pretty detailed answer. Thanks again as it helped a lot in recalling some basic blocks in this matter. So the concluding flow is
"Do right deeds -> Have positive mind towards Allah -> Contented Heart"

The problem with above mentioned solution is that, it states a perfect condition(procedure) for someone who is perfect or in general a bit extraordinary.

In general most of people are average and the solution doesn't fit well for an average human being. who are prone to mistakes.

One approach is to look for a hybrid solution. So thats why i was searching outside the religious domain.