Continue Your Disobedience if You can Fulfill Five Conditions

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh,

A young man once went to Ibraaheem bin Adham and said, "Oh Abu Ishaaq, I continually wrong my own self, and I turn away from everything that invites me to improve my way of life."

Ibrahim said, "If you can fulfill five conditions, then sinning will never harm you, and you can fulfill your desires as much as you want."

"Tell me those conditions," exclaimed the man.

"As for the first, if you want to disobey Allah, then do not eat from His sustenence," said Ibrahim.

"What then will I eat, for everything on the earth is from His sustenence?" said the man.

"Listen," said Ibrahim. "Are you being sensible when you eat from His sustenence while you are disobedient to Him?"

"No," said the man. "What is the second condition?"

"If you want to disobey Allah, then do not live in any of His lands," said Ibrahim.

"This is even worse than the first. All that is in the East and West belong to Him. So where then will I live?"

"Listen," said Ibrahim. "If you insist on disobeying Him while you eat from His sustenence and live in His lands, then at least look for some spot where He cannot see you, and disobey Him there."

"O Ibrahim!" exclaimed the man. "How can I do that, when He even knows the deepest secrets that are in the breasts of men? What is the fourth condition?" he asked despondently.

"When the angel of death comes to take your soul, then say to him, 'Give me some respite, so that I can repent sincerely and perform good deeds.'"

"When the time comes, the angel will not accept that plea from me," said the man.

"Listen," said Ibrahim. "If you cannot put off death in order to repent, then how do you expect to be saved?"

"Tell me the fifth condition," said the man.

"When the guardians of Hell-fire come to take you away on the Day of Resurrection, don't go with them."

"They won't let me go!" exclaimed the man.

"Then how do you expect to be saved?" asked Ibrahim.

"Stop, stop! That is enough for me," said the man. "I ask Allah to forgive me and I indeed repent to Him."

The man then dedicated his life to the worship of Allah from that day.

[Kitaab-at-Twwaabeen, Ibn Qudaamah Al-maqdisi. Pg. 285]

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Subhan Allah!! this is a real spark
There is something for us to contemplate over....

jazakallah khairan ukthi for sharing it

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
There is no excuse for sinning and every reason to repent and worship Allah. Jazakhallah khayr for the post.

ouddene bouziane

jazakom Allah kheir for this noble remindening
frankly. when we think deeply we have no justification to disobey God
we live on his earth
we live on his sustenece
we can.t hide ourselves from his control
we have no choice if the time of death arrives
we can.t oblige angels to take us to paradise or to prevent them from taking us to hell
God help us for getting the right obedience.