Contradiction in people or contradiction in hadeth's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
oh...sorry :(

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, I enjoy your questions. You are innocent in your search for your answers.

First watch my movie. I know it is a movie.

Secondly, there are great Muslim minds of the past that can answer your questions. My favorite is Imam Ghazali. His logic explains our position is this life. He helps us to understand the flaws in the works of Scorates and Aristotle.

You are in the area of subjectivity meeting with objectivity. There is a marriage of the two to live out a normal Islamic life. You can not be an object occuping space and look at yourself from another dimension. But you taking up that space does influence the world (life-space ) around you.

You know the cat becomes the wave kind of thing. Me, I like raindrops merging with other raindrops to become one ocean.

And be polite to the sisters, we all have grammatical errors.. I can never get spell check to work on this site. We are interested in the essence.

Salam brothers and sisters,

yay, a couple of things:

1). I wasn't trying to be mean :( sorry :(
2). I shall torrent it
3). Can you give me a link to Iman Ghazali
4). what are you trying to get to with your analogy? Are you saying my question is futile :biggrin:
5). THats good that your interested :D
6). is there anything wrong with my logic?
7). aren't the keys to the ghayb infinte in a sense that only Allah himself know's or poesses, after all its his unseen/infinite/unknown treasure (thats what it says in surat 6 ayah 59: With him belongs the keys to the unseen, the treasures that none knows but he.." (6:59) )

:SMILY149: :SMILY288: :shymuslima1: :muslim_child:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother...I think I am begining to understand what you are seeking. There is no limit to seeking knowledge. However...I pray this makes sense, Insha'Allah, it will; the reason I suggested you read Ghazali is he gives us the reasons of why we need to pay heed to understanding our limits.
We are given very powerful tools. We have brains and the ability to think. We are given the responsibility of upholding the Truth. We have to curb our desires. In seeking knowledge we need to be aware of the responsibility that comes with the knowledge.

In the Arab world the seat of knowledge is a man's heart. Our hearts belong to Allah. Whatever we seek we must understand that. And this is what everyone is trying to tell you. Knowledge is the predecessor to Wisdom.

You can gain knowledge about the creation. We can never have Knowledge about the Creator. I can by His Blessings call upon His Attributes. I am the created. I am limited to the manifestations of the created. I have to understand my intentions..because by definition ..I can only carry out my intentions by His Will. He made me.

The links I have found for Ghazali are rather poor.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

I have been talking with you in the previous posts about this issue brother True Sultan.

I wanted to give you only an advice:
We won't be asked in the Day of Judgement about the Ghayb (why didn't you search about it, why didn't you discover it...) we will be asked if we made our duty on earth or not.

Our duty is to believe in the six pillars of Emaan, in the five pillars of Islam, and to keep on READING, LEARNING our deen, without going in BLIND PATH, in a path that does not bring you anywhere, and that does not encrease your Emaan.

Allah subhana wa ta'ala want us to believe in the UNSEEN (GHAYB) that are not only the five items that you continuously affirm on suratul Lluqman. The pillars of Emaan are unknown too as many other things.

Don't take the advices of the brothers and sisters as an accude over you, they have tried in this posts to expalin you this matter that is very complicated (because if we don't know it because it is UNKNOWN, UNSEEN, HIDDEN nobody can explain it in this wordly life).

So let us FOCUS our energy, our force, our desire, our intellect, our mind, our heart on what Allah subhana wa ta'ala wants from us.

Think about this too:
We don't have any story (at least from what I know) that the Sahaba -radiallahu anhum- used to focus too much energy, too much attention on this matter. They only trusted this, with the heart and didn't make too much questions about Ghayb.

You, me, us, everybody have to understand that: If Allah subhana wa ta'ala says you can not know the Unseen, the Ghayb, that includes the future too, you can not know it, and you don't ask too much upon a matter that the Allwise, Allah that knows everything in an absolute way, says to us clearly, YOU CAN NOT KNOW IT.

Let us make our duty, and inshaAllah in the Akhira we will take the answer to a lot of wuestions, that we are not requires to know in the wordly life.

Sorry for my english mistakes, I hope my messagge is clear and I hope that you understand that I am giving to you and to myself too just an advice, without accusing.

Assalamu alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent response.

Blind path. Yes. We are constantly praying to be on the correct path. We beseech Allah to guide us on the path with other believers.

To illustrate the examples think of the alchemists. They sought knowledge. And some realized that it was too much for humans. They hid the knowledge.
In the Quran we are given examples of what to stay away from and its consequences.

I believe you are confusing searching for the unknown in terms of theories and laws of physics and that which is forbidden for us to know. You can study the laws of the universe, from our limited perspective. In a sense you are trying to delineate where we are and how do we go to point B from point A. That is altogether different from the mystical and sacred. We do not touch the Sacred.

I think the issue here is definition. Whereas you are defining unseen as that which we have not discovered yet...others, including myself, define Unseen, as a Right of the Creator. Knowledge is power...Wisdom is letting go of the power for it only belongs to Allah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

With matters of the unseen its important to accept them, to understand them in the context of the Quran and Sunnah.

This is a matter of faith and to simply keep asking questions is from the Shaitan. The brothers and sisters have explained and helped to their best and I believe that brother True_Sultan to take a rest from this topic, inshaAllah, as it has been brought back many times.

assalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.