Sisters Converting to Islam?

bo-jaylay

So my boyfriend starts Ramadan tomorrow (yes i know relationships are haram). Ramadan is going to be so hard for us both, but I said i'll use the time to get closer to Islam. I have to convert to marry him and I have mixed feelings on the whole situation, but we are so in Love and inseparable. We have broken up many times, but the Love draws us back together. It's heartbreaking really. Why is love not enough?

Rashiqa

Hello sister, I hope you are well and not feeling too sorrowful about the month of Ramadan. If you do end up converting to Islam, I hope in future you get to enjoy the full benefits and blessings of this wonderful month!

I don't mean to pry, but are you Jewish or Christian? Or neither? It's just that if you are Christian or Jewish, there is no need for you to convert to Islam to marry your boyfriend. Or is it due to family pressure that you would need to convert?

If you have any questions about Islam, I would be happy to answer (or do my best!) I converted to Islam last year, and had been studying and researching for about 10 months before I finally committed to it and officially converted. If you have any queries as to how your life might change after converting, or if you have any doubts that are stopping you from accepting the religion, then don't feel worried about voicing them here in search of answers. We're all friends here :)