Could there be a better option?

cabdixakim

:bismillah:
:salam:
Do we really need these stages: new member,junior member,something member...etc
Becouse,I seem to have telling myself that in order for one to go through those stages,one needs to have written fair amount quality messages to receive ratings,points and trophies which are the deciding factors of one's progress...which means one thing_one has to spend some let's say quality time accessing the site.This brings like the side effects of most social sites i.e time consumption(if in this case it might be for the better).long and frequent visits may result a subsequent effect_habit or if negative addiction.Being addicted to a particular thing means negligence of another...who knows maybe observing a significant activity although I believe every member of this site is time conscious! Shouldn't we liberate people from the slavery of social sites and make this a concise,less captivating site for one to use most minimal time and still benefit!,it's concise,beneficial and very wise people's most wise thinking but it's very captivating...
I still cannot find any other sound reason for counting ratings,points and awarding trophies except that of classification.Nevertheless,appreciation is sometimes the best encouragement but we should bear in mind that promotion breeds competition in most persons(in this case competition of one's own knowledge)...quite a theory that some may venture beyond their knowledge,doing reaseaches and studies,taking matters into their own hands in order to reply a thread.This eliminates a very essential tradition of he-is-better-in-knowledge-than-me!.Ratings in this time might mean evil encouragement as one is induced or rather motivated to continue with his self- conceived replies taking him to the dangerous world of giving Fatwas! this is highly unlikely but could never be undermined!
Also public appreciation and the intangible incentives(points etc)might tempt one to post and share things for that order which I think to believe no one in this site does so.This may most certainly create some doubts in the initial intent of Ikhlas,which makes the whole purpose and objective like the she-camel milked directly on sand!
All in all I thought to think that these all parts of the site might be a line of weakness for Shaitan! hmmm maybe not! but I am not complaining,I just had the thought and honestly coughed it out.
It's amazing how no matter good you think and execute an activity there is always some one who rises against some of it? But such is the situation of this illusive life!

Allahuma forgive our sins,the sins of our parents and those of all believers,male and female,young and old,dead and Alive...Allahuma we hope for your mercy and fear your torment so bless us with all the deeds that take us further from your dislike and closer to your ever-green,ever-lasting paradise...Allahuma assist all those who stand for your Word as you have promised that in your book...O Allah bless the senior,the junior and the subordiante staff of this site with benificial knowledge,sound sustenance,and acceptable deeds...Allahuma grant them their rewards in this world and make them in the Hereafter among the righteous...O Allah accept our Salah,our supplications,our stand,bow and prostration to you,make our path easy for us and guide us to your straightened path...Allahuma aamiin

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam, brother thank you for your concern. We have used points and membership levels for several years without concern. The membership levels help us unlock various things for our users which might not be good to give to new users straight away - e.g. we had junior level so they had more photo, video, messaging options than normal users. Secondly this is a site which has a goal of education and being helpful for users so spending time here will not be "wasting time". Offline - we encourage people to read the Quran, Hadith and spend time with their families.

We are still working on coding the website, so it is not near to finished. We will be rewarding our users for the kind of actions they take and for good reason. in sha Allah. There is nothing wrong with that, and in fact it is very natural and good to reward others or show appreciation for the good they do. Feel free just to ignore the points or likes your posts get, I do that. Do not let this be something that stops you from sharing, because our intention Allah knows best - we want to help others.

Kind regards

Ameer

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum!
Hi brother cabdixakim;
Masha'allah!
There's Facebook, MySpace, Twitter,Youtube,e.t.c e.t.c that you need to forward this message too yeah brother don't just stop @turntoislam .

@the end of the day the intentions that counts and Allah swt knows Best.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim :
"Those men and women who engage much in Allah's praise.
For them has Allah prepared forgiveness and a great reward."
~ (Holy Qur'an:33:35)

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Last edited:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam, brother.

I think if you stick around long enough, you'll get to a point where you won't even notice such things. The like/ratings add a little fun to what we do here, maashaa'Allaah. If it bothers you, ignore - if it doesn't, enjoy.