Crucified

jabcrosshook

Asalam Alaykum,

I appreciate your time. In Islam the crucifixion of Esa is denied as he is said to have been taken to Heaven before this deed could be done to him. What does Islam use as a source of this belief?? I only ask because it differs from other faiths such as a christian. I have read in the Qur'an where it states he was not crucified. Is this the sole source of this belief?? Thank you all. Insha'allah you are having a great day.

wassalam,
Tony

MuslimStudent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Christian belief in crucifiction and sacrafice, wouldn't crucifiction of Jesus (Peace be upon him) considered a suicide.

Christians believe that Jesus is God, and son of God at the same time.

IF as Christians believe, he was god, then he crucified himself and killed himself. Didn't he?

Just logically, I would think it is a suicide. Would god commit a suicide? :astag:

But muslims don't believe Jesus to be god, or son of god and muslims also don't believe in crucifiction and death of the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him).

Frankly, as muslims we love prophet Jesus more than Christians love Jesus even after believing he was god.
You would find NO sane muslim ever making fun or mocking Jesus. One does not need to go far to find christians swearing and using cursing words when mentinonng Jesus, mocking him in cartoons. I don't want to even give example of what I heard. Just pay attention in what contexts Jesus's name is used by christians. One'll be shocked! So much for the love of 'god'

There is no god, but Allah and Muhammad and Jesus are His messengers to mankind.

Maha*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Christian belief in crucifiction and sacrafice, wouldn't crucifiction of Jesus (Peace be upon him) considered a suicide.

IF as Christians believe, he was god, then he crucified himself and killed himself. Didn't he?

Just logically, I would think it is a suicide. Would god commit a suicide? :astag:

But muslims don't believe Jesus to be god, or son of god and muslims also don't believe in crucifiction and death of the Prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him).

Asalamu alaikum, never thought about that before. That's very true, jazkAllah khairan.

jabcrosshook

Salam

Asalam Alaykum friends, :)

Insha'allah your day is going well. :)

You made a very good point Muslimstudent. Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to answer. I appreciate all your responses. I have learned much from this. Thank you for the links Maha*. Have a great day.

Tony

krackpot

slave warrior caged

But muslims don't believe Jesus to be god, or son of god and muslims also don't believe in crucifiction and death of the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him).

Frankly, as muslims we love prophet Jesus more than Christians love Jesus even after believing he was god.
You would find NO sane muslim ever making fun or mocking Jesus. One does not need to go far to find christians swearing and using cursing words when mentinonng Jesus, mocking him in cartoons. I don't want to even give example of what I heard. Just pay attention in what contexts Jesus's name is used by christians. One'll be shocked! So much for the love of 'god'

There is no god, but Allah and Muhammad and Jesus are His messengers to mankind.
<-------peace be upon them ..... don ever forget to mention it

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

True . I really wonder how can he be a God and a son of God at the same time !! and also Mary ..

that means 1+1+1= 1 :confused:

One of the best things in Islam that it's a religion talking to our minds , it doesn't want us to follow it blindly .

May Allah guide you to the right path , Tony :)