Curious Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug3478

Hello,

Well, I have many questions and should probably start with one or two. So, for some time now - I've been comparing the Bible/ Christian religion, Quran/ Islam and particially Judaism, which, leads me to my first question.

1. How is it that in the three most popular/ familiar religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) there are educated theologians (folks w/ an abundance of religious and spiritual knowledge in one or more of the mentioned religions) that even after studying and comparing the religions they usually stick to how they were raised - be it that Christian or Muslim or Jewish?

Also, I've been trying to figure out where's the difference in the understanding of Jesus between Christians and Muslims. I do believe that Jesus is/was the Messiah prophesized about before his birth, preformed many miracles, healing, birth to virgin, relationship with GOD at early age, peacefully preaching (please do misunderstand this last sentence as I'm thinking of the many disagreements that occurred over time - including the Holy Crusades, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther, and even Ghandi. In fact, this alone brings many questions to mind - but, for another time) and, so forth. This alone - to me - puts Jesus second to GOD. I noticed in the Quran that Jesus is mentioned but, I see a stronger loyalty to Muhammad in the Islamic religion. So, my question is...

2. Is Muhammad more important than Jesus in Islam? If so, why? If not, why so much emphasis on Muhammad?

Well, this is my first time posting a message and if someone reads and comments to my posting - I'd like to say - Thank you! :)

dianne

Welcome to tti family,hope u enjoy your stay.about your questions-

How is it that in the three most popular/ familiar religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) there are educated theologians (folks w/ an abundance of religious and spiritual knowledge in one or more of the mentioned religions) that even after studying and comparing the religions they usually stick to how they were raised - be it that Christian or Muslim or Jewish?

Answers - prophet/messengers received books from God. The idea here is that they all received their books the same way as Muhammad is supposed to have received the Qur'an--by dictation from a heavenly original. According to the Qur'an, Moses received a book called the Taurat, David a book called the Zabur, and Jesus a book called the Injil or Gospel.
Muslims must believe in all of these prophets and their books. The Qur'an, however, is the only one that is uncorrupted and trustworthy, as well as being sent to correct the corruptions in the prior books and retain whatever sound teaching was in them.
U need to read all the books first,then u read the quran,all the answers inside there.

Is Muhammad more important than Jesus in Islam? If so, why? If not, why so much emphasis on Muhammad?

Answer - Both of them are messenger of Allah swt who brings justice.Just like what Jesus pbuh said -

Jesus predicting Muhammad-

One verse in the Qur'an has turned Muslims loose looking in the Bible for any possible prediction of Muhammad.
And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One (Ahmed)....

Surah 61:6, Pickthall's translation

Most will go to the passages in John 14-16 concerning the Paraclete to try to prove that this really refers to Muhammad, not the Holy Spirit. The important thing for us to note is that Muslims believe that a major part of Jesus' ministry was to predict the coming of Muhammed.

Thats all i can answer for now,theres a long text for me to type,im sure theres a brother/sister will help & answer u.bye for now

Dianne

Ladybug3478

My reply to the previous comment:

The Qur'an, however, is the only one that is uncorrupted and trustworthy, as well as being sent to correct the corruptions in the prior books and retain whatever sound teaching was in them.

I know your hands are tired - so, please don't rush to reply.

Weren't there 5 different versions of the Quran and one of the first Caliphs decided on 1 version and instructed that whom ever changes the text would then have cursed themselves (not exact translation - sorry - hope you know what I'm referring to).

Thanks

Ladybug3478

How do I change my 'posting' from 'help using the website'

Hi,

I think I posted my message in the wrong place 'Help using Website' and cannot figure out how to change it.

Thanks

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hi,

I think I posted my message in the wrong place 'Help using Website' and cannot figure out how to change it.

Thanks

Hello.

Welcome to the website. I moved your post to this section, i hope it is appropriate enough. I don't personally have time to answer your questions, but I hope someone else will also be able to. As for your saying that the well known people usually stick to their religions, that is not always the case. There have been stories of Preachers, Priests, Rabbis, all entering Islaam... would anyone be to say they did not know about their religion? No, it was more they found what they believed to be the truth.

Here's an interesting story you can hear yourself from the lips of a former Christian preacher, who at one point was a very active caller to Christianity: Yusuf Estes (former preacher) Journey to Islam.

I hope you get the other answers....

logical example

Assalam Alaikum

well to reply your question:Why Muhammad(p.b.u.h)
has been more importanlty mentioned in Quraan than Jesus.

I give you simple example.

You know Microsoft Operating System.
Fisr DOS came then many others.many versions came to improve the performance of operating system of the computer.Take computer as a human entity.for example....so microsoft gave so many enhanced systems to make the computer work better and efficently.

So many prophets came to give a system to humanity for better enhanced life.

Jesus also came but with some little mission.Only or the the children of Israel.

Muhammad came with far greater responsibilities given by ALLAH(SWT).This is one of the reasons Muhammad(p.b.u.h) has been mentioned more dominant way in Quraan.Secondly he completed the enhancement process of humans.Now no more phophet will come in any sense or way.

IbnAlAawam

Weren't there 5 different versions of the Quran and one of the first Caliphs decided on 1 version and instructed that whom ever changes the text would then have cursed themselves (not exact translation - sorry - hope you know what I'm referring to).

Thanks

Hi,

During the time of Othman, the third Caliph, Islam spread fast and many companions moved out of Arabia. Amongst the many countries and provinces that accepted Islam were Syria and Iraq, but their language was not Arabic. One of Prophet's companions, Hothaifah-ibn el-Yaman, during his visit to Syria and Iraq learnt that people were reciting the Qur'an in different modes or style. This disturbed him very much and upon his return, he requested Othman to reproduce and distribute copies of the Qur'an that would help Muslims read or recite the Qur'an in a single consistent manner to avoid any conflict.(Qur'an could be recited in differen ways).

Othman appointed twelve members, headed by Zaid to write the Qur'an in the mode of the Quraish, the one used by the Prophet in his recitation.

Zaid along with the other companions, reproduced a number of copies based on the original volume produced during the time of Abu Bakr (refer to previous section). The handwriting was to agree with the Arabic dialect of the Quraish. These copies maintained the order of the Surah and the Ayat (verses) within the Surah as laid down by the Prophet and memorized by the Qur'an bearer. Of the completed official copies Othman ordered three to be sent to Syria, Iraq and Mecca respectively and one to be kept in Medina. The original manuscript was returned to Hafsah.

Othman then ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies be burnt. This was a precautionary measure taken to prevent any future conflict in the mode of recitation or otherwise. Thus preventing the Qur'an from fabrication or corruption - This has been assured by Allah in the following verse:

"We have without doubt sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)." (15:9)

NB: 2 original copies survice to this day: one of them is at the TopKapi Museum, Istambuland the on ther in the city of Tashkent, (Uzbekistan).

800px-Uthman_Koran-RZ.jpg

othmankoran.jpg

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
My reply to the previous comment:

The Qur'an, however, is the only one that is uncorrupted and trustworthy, as well as being sent to correct the corruptions in the prior books and retain whatever sound teaching was in them.

I know your hands are tired - so, please don't rush to reply.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to our forum,

As for the preservation of the Qur'an and its authenticity you can also refer to the article below:

Preservation of the Qur'an

And also a debate (between muslim and christian scholars) in video on the topic:

Video: The authenticity of the Qur'an (source: here - the "video" section) (I hope you take your time to watch the video as it is a bit long but worth it and it leaves no doubt).

tabaria

Go to youtube and search yusuf estes. He's a former ordained minister and talks on how many more are following him to islam.

About the Quran, someone already answered. But remember the Quran was compiled during the time of the prophet (pbuh). They used to recite the whole quran in order every Ramadan, and muslims believe the Angel gabriel came to Mohammed (pbuh) twice in the year he died to go over the Quran. Every other year he just came down once to review it.

Ladybug3478

Yes! Thanks for the video debate - this is exactly the kind of information I look forward to. I haven't yet viewed it and, will definitely do it with great anticipation.

:)

Ladybug3478

Hello,

Do you have any other information on the Injil? I've looked but, can only find that it's a lost book (no longer in existence).

Thanks

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Hello,

Well, I have many questions and should probably start with one or two. So, for some time now - I've been comparing the Bible/ Christian religion, Quran/ Islam and particially Judaism, which, leads me to my first question.

1. How is it that in the three most popular/ familiar religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) there are educated theologians (folks w/ an abundance of religious and spiritual knowledge in one or more of the mentioned religions) that even after studying and comparing the religions they usually stick to how they were raised - be it that Christian or Muslim or Jewish?

Also, I've been trying to figure out where's the difference in the understanding of Jesus between Christians and Muslims. I do believe that Jesus is/was the Messiah prophesized about before his birth, preformed many miracles, healing, birth to virgin, relationship with GOD at early age, peacefully preaching (please do misunderstand this last sentence as I'm thinking of the many disagreements that occurred over time - including the Holy Crusades, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther, and even Ghandi. In fact, this alone brings many questions to mind - but, for another time) and, so forth. This alone - to me - puts Jesus second to GOD. I noticed in the Quran that Jesus is mentioned but, I see a stronger loyalty to Muhammad in the Islamic religion. So, my question is...

2. Is Muhammad more important than Jesus in Islam? If so, why? If not, why so much emphasis on Muhammad?

Well, this is my first time posting a message and if someone reads and comments to my posting - I'd like to say - Thank you! :)

well, as far as jews, christians or muslims sticking with the faith they always have been involved with; those that have deepl analyzed them. the answer is pretty simple. we come to the conclusion that our religions are right or make the most sense.

as a muslim i first want to say that all prophets are deeply respected in islam. however, there are some that have more status than the other. which is the case between muhammad pbuh and jesus pbuh. jesus pbuh proclaimed the oneness of god to the people in his time, however the people strayed from his teaching. it was because of that straying that people did, which made Allah SWT send his last and final message to mankind through muhammad pbuh. from the quran, we totally know and understand the will of Allah SWT and how he wants us to live. he used muhammad pbuh as a living example of the quran and hence gave us the key to reaching paradise. due to his accomplishments he is revered more. one can have a great idea, but greater is the person with a great idea and puts it into action. again we love and respect all prophets, but we do not see jesus pbuh in the same manner as christians do.

to the fellow muslims reading this post, forgive me if i made any mistakes.

Ladybug3478

Hello,

I have questions in regard to Jesus only coming for the lost tribe/ house of Israel. Wow - so, I've been trying my best to come to a conclusion on this and of course it's not going to be easy. So, Jesus did say that and for some reason Christians (such as myself) believe Jesus came to save everyone. Now, I ask myself - why, why do we believe this? I'm still looking into and wanted to ask for your insight at this moment. I do know that when Peter decided to bless the first gentile - he wasn't sure and there was somewhat of a debate amongst his fellow Jews (of course there is more for me to learn on this subject) and it doesn't make sense for such uncertainly if Jesus commanded the apostles to bless all whether Jew or Gentile. So, why do we/ Christians believe Jesus was sent for all of us? One explanation is that we are descendants of the 'lost tribe of Israel'.

Okay, my next questions are what I have decided to looking into next in order to see if the claim about Europeans/ Americans being the lost tribe of Israel.

1. When the ten lost tribes moved to Europe:
a. How many of them only married Jewish?
b. How many / on average inter married with non - Jews?
c. Who are the first Europeans? Were they Jews or not?
d. What Europeans moved to America and other nationalities that concern me?
e. The gentile woman that begged for Jesus to bless her (when he mentioned he was only for the lost tribe of Israel) what was her nationality?
f. Did everyone initially come from one location and what actually separated us?
g. Is everyone either Jew or Gentile (all non Jews)

h. Who are the Jews – what made them Jewish? Are they all the descendants of Isaac (Abraham’s son)?

Thank you.

mohammed07

Yes the injil, as well as the Torah have both been lost through time and change. This is the reason why we believe that the quran was revealed, because the original message of the injil and torah has been lost. You can not find the original copy of them. As Muslims we do believe in both books, and the message that was sent in the original books.

As far as your question about Mohammed (saaw), and Jesus. Both are prophets, both are humans, we believe in both and love both. We are now in the era of Mohammed, since he is the last and final prophet. What we do now, and on the day of judgment is all with the nation of Mohammed. So this is the main reason why we put so much emphasis on Mohammed. We are following him and his ways.

Hopefully this will help you understand better.

BrotherZak

Hello,

I have questions in regard to Jesus only coming for the lost tribe/ house of Israel. Wow - so, I've been trying my best to come to a conclusion on this and of course it's not going to be easy. So, Jesus did say that and for some reason Christians (such as myself) believe Jesus came to save everyone. Now, I ask myself - why, why do we believe this? I'm still looking into and wanted to ask for your insight at this moment. I do know that when Peter decided to bless the first gentile - he wasn't sure and there was somewhat of a debate amongst his fellow Jews (of course there is more for me to learn on this subject) and it doesn't make sense for such uncertainly if Jesus commanded the apostles to bless all whether Jew or Gentile. So, why do we/ Christians believe Jesus was sent for all of us? One explanation is that we are descendants of the 'lost tribe of Israel'.

Okay, my next questions are what I have decided to looking into next in order to see if the claim about Europeans/ Americans being the lost tribe of Israel.

1. When the ten lost tribes moved to Europe:
a. How many of them only married Jewish?
b. How many / on average inter married with non - Jews?
c. Who are the first Europeans? Were they Jews or not?
d. What Europeans moved to America and other nationalities that concern me?
e. The gentile woman that begged for Jesus to bless her (when he mentioned he was only for the lost tribe of Israel) what was her nationality?
f. Did everyone initially come from one location and what actually separated us?
g. Is everyone either Jew or Gentile (all non Jews)

h. Who are the Jews – what made them Jewish? Are they all the descendants of Isaac (Abraham’s son)?

Thank you.

Salam. I would like to answer your by a simple reference in the bible; the case where the woman who was a gentile(non-israel) asked him of Jesus, but Jesus basicalled referred to her as a Dog or the like of it and was sent only to the tribes of Israel.

Anyone with a sound mind and devoid of prejudice can see that, hopefully you will too. Note these are the words of Jesus according to the modern bible and cannot be taken authentically but it deos answer your question.

I suggest you read the quran and and ask yourself deos this sound like god and pray to the 1 god and ask for his guidance to the truth.

OmarTheFrench

Brother Zak you talk about Matthew 15 22-28

2And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Ladybug3478

Hello,

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I've been doing a lot of searching and absolutely pray that God leads me down the right path.

Funny thing...I just finished watching Malcolm X this morning (not a part of my research) :)

Yeah, I'm reading the Quran and researching the Jews, ancestors, and the above statement by Jesus, which, really through me off and kind of made me sad as I have grown to love Jesus as my savior. But, I'd rather know the truth - whatever that is...as I'm currently confused.

Well, pray for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.