Danger Of Using/Answering Mobile Phone In Petrol/Gas Station.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:
Greeting.

Turn It Off:The Mobile Phone before entering the gas station.
It's for you own safety actually.

Cell phones, static electricity pose a danger when refueling

The Shell Oil Company issued a warning after three incidents in which mobile phones (cell phones) ignited fumes during fueling operations. In the first case, the phone was placed on the car's trunk lid during fueling; it rang and the ensuing fire destroyed the car and the gasoline pump. In the second, an individual suffered severe burns to his face when fumes ignited as he answered a call while refueling his car. And in the third, an individual suffered burns to the thigh and groin as fumes ignited when the phone, which was in his pocket, rang while he was fueling his car.

Cell phones can ignite fuel or fumes. Mobile phones that light up when switched on or when they ring release enough energy to provide a spark for ignition. Mobile phones should not be used in filling stations, or when fueling lawn mowers, boats, etc. Mobile phones should not be used, or should be turned off. around other materials that generate flammable or explosive fumes or dust, i.e., solvents, chemicals, gases, grain dust, etc.

Four Rules for Safe Refueling:

1) Turn off the engine.
2) Don't smoke.
3) Don't use your cell phone—leave it inside the vehicle , turn it off.
4) Don't re-enter the vehicle during refueling. Static electricity can be a refueling danger.

A study of 150 fires showed:
1) Static electricity can ignite the vapor that comes out from the gas.
2) Most individuals involved had on rubber-soled shoes.
3) Almost all cases involved the person getting back in their vehicle while the nozzle was still pumping gas. When they went back to pull the nozzle out, the fire started as a result of static electricity.
4) Out of the 150 cases, almost all involved women. Men are seldom involved in these types of fires because they don't get back in their vehicle until they have finished refueling.
5) Their were 29 fires where the vehicle was reentered and the nozzle was touched during refueling. Some resulted in extensive damage to the vehicle, to the station, and to the customer.
6) Seventeen fires occurred before, during or immediately after the gas cap was removed and before fueling began.

A driver should NEVER get back into their vehicle while filling it with gas. If a driver absolutely must get back in the vehicle while the gas is pumping, they should make sure that when they get out again, they close the door while touching the metal before they pull the nozzle out. This way the static from their body will be discharged before they remove the nozzle.

~Please be aware of the hidden danger.

~News.

Never a Good Idea to Talk on Cell Phone While Filling Your Vehicle Up With Gas
[yt]uVVJZhUXZaY[/yt]
Link--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVVJZhUXZaY&feature=related

handphone fire at Gas Sattion.
[yt]Oj_7rvKvI04[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_7rvKvI04

Why Mobile Phones are Banned on Petrol Pumps
[yt]063Q09P3Ww0[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=063Q09P3Ww0&feature=related
(Video contain music can swipe-down or click on video's sound to off .)

Cell Phones, Static Electricity & Gasoline
[yt]9flYdWi7eRw[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flYdWi7eRw&feature=related

Usage of Mobile phones in petrol stations(An experiment done)
[yt]3DZFXMcJQp0[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DZFXMcJQp0&feature=related
(Video contain music can swipe-down or click on video's sound to off .)

For your own and loved ones safety
please keep up with the procedures.
Better safe than sorry.

A little caution means a lot.

~May Allah swt help,protect and help all muslims~Amin!

Thank you for reading.
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

sabina isa

Jazak Allahu khair for sharing. I could guess why could happen, the last video was a good attempt to explain it. Indeed in gas stations, not only cell phones, but many electronics are not safe. Helpful note.

We salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Yeah, I found out about this around two or three years ago, and since then I don't use my phone at the gas station.

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum

assalaamu alaikum

jazakallah khairan sister for sharing this with us dear sister...i really needed this..alhamdulilah...may Allah protect us..

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Jazak Allahu khair for sharing. I could guess why could happen, the last video was a good attempt to explain it. Indeed in gas stations, not only cell phones, but many electronics are not safe. Helpful note.

We salam
~~~
:wasalam:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Thank you
for reading,sister.

Take care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Yeah, I found out about this around two or three years ago, and since then I don't use my phone at the gas station.
~~~

Alhamdulillah!

Thank you
for reading,brother.

Take care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
You know some people still leave their car running while fueling up? Goodness! Azubillah!
~~~

:astag:
That kind of people must be on suicide attempt:eek:
The best is to stay far and clear dealing with this situation.
Just to be safe.

Let us hope that all fuel station will
have many guards monitoring their petrol's station.

Thank you for reading,sister.
Take care,

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
assalaamu alaikum

jazakallah khairan sister for sharing this with us dear sister...i really needed this..alhamdulilah...may Allah protect us..
~~~
:wasalam:

Alhamdulillah!

Thank you for reading,sister.
Take care,