Danyal A.S and 2012

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
:salam2:
Hollywood movie 2012 is making new records and shattering the old ones.
its about the dooms day .i read a verse of Torah in which Danyal A.S prophecies about the land of evil and its "dooms day"
i don't know the number and chapter of that verse but i do remember that a king asks about interpretation of his dream then Danyal A.S answers that a land of all evils will perish in 2012.
can any of my brothers and sisters tell me about the exat number and chapter of this verse.
jazakallah.

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum.
Please sister, you should not believe in such stuff of "End of world in 2012'!!
If Allah swt wanted us to know the exact time of Qiyamah, He would have told us so in clear words...

We are Muslims and we believe that only Allah swt has knowledge about such things..

Just think for a moment... If I die in the next minute or so then, it will be the end of the world for me, right??!! So whats the use of finding the time of Qiyamah??!

DanyalSAC

I believe you're referring to Daniel chapter 2, verses 14 onward. However don't be deceived by Hollywood - nowhere in the dream interpretation did Danyal EVER mention the year 2012. He wouldn't have known anything about the Gregorian dates.

hana*

is there an actual Prophet in islam called 'danyal' I have never heard of him mentioned in the Quran? ofcourse, Daniel is biblical.

D.Ahmed

Believer
is there an actual Prophet in islam called 'danyal' I have never heard of him mentioned in the Quran? ofcourse, Daniel is biblical.

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing, Never heard of "Danyal" in the quran.
I think the poster is reading too much into this 2012 saga as are alot of people and to me it's a load of trollop just because some human sacrificing Mayan people predicted it and it's also really popular with the Evangelical Christian endtimers!

DanyalSAC

No he is not mentioned in the Qur'an but he was in the Bible and had a book in the Bible named after him. However as Muslims we shouldn't reject something in the Bible purely because its not mentioned in the Qur'an. He is actually mentioned in a number of hadith, though I personally am not sure as to their authenticity.

Here is a link... http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=85&chapter=24

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hollywood movie 2012 is making new records and shattering the old ones.
its about the dooms day .i read a verse of Torah in which Danyal A.S prophecies about the land of evil and its "dooms day"
i don't know the number and chapter of that verse but i do remember that a king asks about interpretation of his dream then Danyal A.S answers that a land of all evils will perish in 2012.
can any of my brothers and sisters tell me about the exat number and chapter of this verse.
jazakallah.

Hardly!...

Movie critics in the U.S. have given it poor scores and called it the worst of names because it holds no value beyond that of over-exaggerated actions scenes and son..mind you the movie 2012 has *nothing* to do with the Mayan records about 2012...the movie makers took that controversial year and built a *random story* around it..so it doesn't even *relate* to the 2012 you're thinking about..that's one..two Prophet Daniel ('alayhi assalam)..is one of the Prophets mentioned in the books of Bani Israel..*Islamically* he's mentioned in a hadith categorized as *hasan* (good)..which is not in the authentic and ultimate degree of *sahih*..a couple of stories about his life and how the companions found his grave are mentioned in Al-Hafidh Ibn Katheer's book "Al-Bidaya wal Nihaya" (The Beginning and The End)...but there are no *sahih* categorized records of him ('alayhi assalam) in the Qura'an or in the sahih books of hadith..regardless..his stories are only there for the mere fact of educating the self..and not to extract strange conclusions about prophesies and such which are not even *existent*

No he is not mentioned in the Qur'an but he was in the Bible and had a book in the Bible named after him. However as Muslims we shouldn't reject something in the Bible purely because its not mentioned in the Qur'an. He is actually mentioned in a number of hadith, though I personally am not sure as to their authenticity.

Here is a link... http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=85&chapter=24

The hadiths mentioned in the link are categorized as *hasan*..and the stories are taken from a book by Ibn Katheer..so they are in a way *authentic* just not as authentic as a story from say...*sahih Muslim* or *sahih Bukhari*...

P.S. The common *humongous* misconception about 2012 amongst people is that it supposedly marks *the end of the world* according to the Mayans...when in reality...it *doesn't*...the Mayans divided life on earth into *phases*...and supposedly the 3rd or 4th (I cannot remember which one) *phase* that we're living in *now* will end on 2012..and a new one will begin after...so when you think about it...how different is that from modern day *decades* and *centuries?!!!*...it's no different!!!...at which I must say that reading too much into things of that sort is just begging for our time to be *wasted*...if we are fascinated by conditions leading to the end of the world..then we *must* refer to *authentic Islamic* sources..with the strong belief that *no soul* knows when the hour will come..and that we have signs for it merely as a Mercy from Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) so we may prepare for it the best we can!...mind you all...this whole mess..is no different from the Y2K craze that people *also* began to conclude things in regards to left and and right..may Allah (swt) save us from ignorance..that's all I have to say!

:wasalam:

hana*

jazakAllahu khairan danyalsac and muslimah86 for the replies, i know some Muslim children with the name and never knew the origin

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
first of all if someone comes to us to learn something we as follower of prophet Mohammad sallahu allaihi waslam should answer in a very polite way.none of us is Aalim and know all.
my misconceptions are removed jazakallah everyone.