Darul Ulum Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

I know Darul Ulum is a very prestigious group of madrassas found in India and Pakistan but while searching i came across this website *deobandi website removed*

It seems like a great oppurtunity but my concern is that has anyone heard of this online university ? ANyone has previous experience with them? Or any other information anyone can give ?

JazakAllah khair

:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh.

This is a link to Deobandi website, and their Madrassas also are part of this group.

They do not have the Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah, their aqeedah is based upon Matroodi / Ashari schools of thought, and their madhab is strict application of the Hanafi Madhab.

So, these are not people we should learn our deen from.

FreedomFighter

whats wrong with hanafi mazhab? all mazhabs are supposed to be same, but just slightly different interpretations.

just a question, are the madhkhalees following correctly Qur'an and Sunnah? are most ppl here madhkhalees ? from where did they originate? this is not to cause any offence, but just a question. anyone have an answer..

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

whats wrong with hanafi mazhab? all mazhabs are supposed to be same, but just slightly different interpretations.

just a question, are the madhkhalees following correctly Qur'an and Sunnah? are most ppl here madhkhalees ? from where did they originate? this is not to cause any offence, but just a question. anyone have an answer..

i wanted to ask the same thign from wat i know is all the madhab are based on Quran and sunnah so what wrong with hanafi?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

:wasalam:

I have the same questions like most of us ???

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

so any answers ?

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
As per me there is no madhabs.I try to obey Kur'an and follow sunnah.
Jezek ALL-LLAHU khairan. We selam alejkum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salamu alaikkum, I wish not to answer this from my own words, rather I will post a fatwa from IslamQA. The problem is not following a particular madhab, but problems arise when you follow the opinion of a particular madhab, whereas the opinion of another madhab has an authentic/more stronger basis. For example, the hanafis do not raise their hands during salah, except for takbirat ul ahram. But we know otherwise from the authentic sunnah, which was narrated by over 20 sahabah. Anyways here is the fatwa...

Is it mandatory for a muslim to follow a specific madhab (maliki, hanafi, hanbali,etc)?
If it is so, what madhab is the best? Is it true that Abou Hanifa's madhab is the most followed in the muslim world?.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not obligatory for a Muslim to follow any particular madhhab among these four. People vary in their level of understanding and ability to derive rulings from the evidence. There are some for whom it is permissible to follow (taqleed), and indeed it may be obligatory in their case. There are others who can only follow the shar’i evidence. In Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah this question was answered in a detailed manner, which is worth quoting here in full.

Question:

What is the ruling on following one of the four madhhabs in all cases and situations?

The Committee replied:

Praise be to Allaah, and blessings and peace be upon His Messenger and his family and companions.

Firstly: the four madhhabs are named after the four imams – Imam Abu Haneefah, Imam Maalik, Imam al-Shaafa’i and Imam Ahmad.

Secondly: These imams learned fiqh (jurisprudence) from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and they are mujtahideen in this regard. The mujtahid either gets it right, in which case he will have two rewards, the reward for his ijtihaad and the reward for getting it right, or he will get it wrong, in which case he will be rewarded for his ijtihaad and will be forgiven for his mistake.

Thirdly: the one who is able to derive rulings from the Qur’aan and Sunnah should take from them like those who came before him; it is not right for him to follow blindly (taqleed) when he is believes that the truth lies elsewhere. Rather he should follow that which he believes is the truth. It is permissible for him to follow in matters in which he is unable to come to a conclusion based on the Qur’aan and Sunnah and he needs guidelines concerning a particular issue.

Fourthly: Whoever does not have the ability to derive rulings himself is permitted to follow one whom he feels comfortable following. If he is not comfortable following him then he should ask until he finds someone with whom he is comfortable.

Fifthly: From the above it is clear that we should not follow their opinions in all situations and at all times, because they may make mistakes, but we may follow their views that are sound and are based on the evidence.

Fataawa al-Lajnah, 5/28

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah, no. 3323:

Whoever is qualified to derive rulings from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and has strong knowledge in that regard, even if that is with the help of the legacy of fiqh that we have inherited from earlier scholars of Islam, has the right to do that, so he can act upon it himself and explain it in disputes and issue fatwas to those who consult him. Whoever is not qualified to do that has to ask trustworthy people who so that he may learn the rulings from their books and act upon that, without limiting his asking or his reading to one of the scholars of the four madhhabs. Rather people refer to the four imams because they are so well known and their books are well written and widely available.

Whoever says that it is obligatory for the learned people to follow the scholars blindly in all cases is making a mistake and being inflexible, and is thinking that these learned people are inadequate, and he is restricting something that is broad in scope.

Whoever says that we should limit following to the four madhhabs is also mistaken, because he is restricting something that is broad in scope with no evidence for doing so. With regard to the common (i.e., uneducated) man there is no difference between the four imams and others such as al-Layth ibn Sa’d, al-Awzaa’i and other fuqaha’.

Fataawa al-Lajnah, 5/41

It says in Fatwa no. 1591:

None of them called people to follow his madhhab, or was partisan in following it, or obliged anyone else to act in accordance with it or with a specific madhhab. Rather they used to call people to follow the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and they would comment on the texts of Islam, and explain its basic principles and discuss minor issues according to general guidelines, and issue fatwas concerning what people asked about, without obliging any of their students or anyone else to follow their views. Rather they criticized those who did that and said that their opinions should be cast aside if they went against a saheeh hadeeth. One of them said: “If the hadeeth is saheeh then that is my madhhab.” May Allaah have mercy on them all.

It is not obligatory for anyone to follow a particular madhhab, rather we should strive to learn the truth if possible, or to seek the help of Allaah in doing so, then to rely on the legacy that the earlier Muslim scholars left behind for those who came after them, thus making it easier for them to understand and apply the texts. Whoever cannot derive rulings from the texts etc for some reason that prevents him from doing so should ask trustworthy scholars for whatever rulings of sharee’ah he needs, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So ask the people of the Reminder [Scriptures — the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel)] if you do not know”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:7]

So he has to strive to ask one whom he trusts among those who are well known for their knowledge, virtue, piety and righteousness.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/56

The madhhab of Abu Haneefah (may Allaah have mercy on him) is the most widespread madhhab among the Muslims, and perhaps one of the reasons for that is that the Ottoman caliphs followed this madhhab and they ruled the Muslim lands for more than six centuries. That does not mean that the madhhab of Abu Haneefah is the most sound madhhab or that every ijtihaad in it is correct, rather like other madhhabs it contains some things that are correct and some that are incorrect. What the believer must do is to follow the truth and what is correct, regardless of who says it.

And Allaah knows best.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

can anyone explain the term 'deobandi'

i think the guys r held in high esteem and there shud b a reason why the thread was deleted.

marhaba_imaan

asslamualaikum.thank you brother thariq for you answer.this is the stream where most of the ppl get confused.maybe because of the source they learn the deen.
wassalam.

Live4thehereafte

isn't deoband an area in india....why attach yourself to a place and another thing deobandi study a book called fazail amaal i think it has some weak/fabricated text in there.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
you mean this isnt based upon authentic sunnah?

I did not say that... rather it has been narrated by many sahabah (over 20... I think) that the prophet salAllahu alaihi wasalam did raise his hands and it was only the opinion of one sahabi that he didn't raise his hands and that was Ibn Mas'ood radhiAllahu anhum, just like how placing the hand on your chest is a stronger opinion than placing below it. I remember reading a book on Usool us Sunnah, and the sheikh mentions that it could be possible that Ibn Mas'ood radhiaAllahu anhum could have forgot, since so many a sahabah narrated that the prophet salallahu alaihi wa salam used to raise his hands. The issue here is however not about following a madhab, the issue here is that all the madhab is not perfect, and the four great imaams (May Allah have mercy on them all) are prone to making mistakes. No one at the end of the day is free from mistakes. If you want to follow a madhab, then no problem, but when you know another madhab has a stronger opinion on a matter than the madhab your following, then you should follow the stronger opinion. Despite this fact, many people blind follow...

daywalker

that the prophet salAllahu alaihi wasalam did raise his hands and it was only the opinion of one sahabi
are you sure or guessing? If you are claiming this after reading any scholars book, you are blind following the 20th century schoalrs book.
just like how placing the hand on your chest is a stronger opinion than placing below it.
hanafis and hanbalis are with the opinion below the navel and above the navel. i dont know how do you consider one pracise as strong and other one as weak where imam abu hanifa(rh), imam muhammad(rh), ahmad bin hanbal(rh) were not able to understand this stronger opinion!
and the sheikh mentions that it could be possible that Ibn Mas'ood radhiaAllahu anhum could have forgot,
and using words like could,would as an evidence? what a slander it is against a sahabi who suddenly forgets one of the importent practise of salah! how people can go far to defend their practise, that even accuse sahaba(rd) that they forgot how to pray! did abdullah ibn masud(rd) live in jungal that none told him: ohh sahaba(rd) yesterday you did rafa yadain but today you forgot!
since so many a sahabah narrated that the prophet salallahu alaihi wa salam used to raise his hands.
and others narrated about not doing so! and it is opinion of hanafis and malikis.
the issue here is that all the madhab is not perfect,
but we laymen are so perfect that we know stronger position how to pray but our salaf didnt, and we claim we follow the salaf!
and the four great imaams (May Allah have mercy on them all) are prone to making mistakes.
you mean making mistake in basic things, where they(salaf) didnt know where to keep their hand, and how many times to raise their hand?
No one at the end of the day is free from mistakes.
but when primaly school student says this regarding PhD holder proffessor, how does it sound?
but when you know another madhab has a stronger opinion on a matter than the madhab your following, then you should follow the stronger opinion.
what is the criteria of saying this is strong and that isnt?
Despite this fact, many people blind follow.
Its called Trust and not blind follow.

daywalker

the book fazail amaal has lots of weak
every book contains weak hadith except bukhari and muslim. and regarding fadhail matter, weak hadith is allowed.
and fabricated hadiths not some.
if you would have ideas about usool hadith, you would have read some examples, where one muhaddith says hadith X is sahih but another muhaddith says its fabricated! how can a hadith be sahih and fabricated at same time? so the grading of a hadith differes from muhaddith to muhaddith with the usool laid by them. like imam bukhari(rh) had strict usool of saying certain hadith is sahih, but imam muslim was more leniant , imam tirmidhi and imam suyuti had more leniant usool.

at the and, none books is free from mistake. but claiming some or a lot are fabricated is exaggrateing.

Status
Not open for further replies.