Dear Aapaaaaaaa

helpinghumanity

Assalaam walaikum,

You know brother the hardest thing to do is to motivate people. I think there is a need for the sisters in my community to attend halaqas. Once a week, only once a week. That is an immediate project I have been mulling in my head. How do you get women to attend?

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah

One methods that I can suggest is to give them incentives. Brother a_stranger has provided an excellent hadith which will provide with spiritual food. Besides spiritual food, one needs food for the belly as well. So at the end of the session (once in a week) have a small Pizza (or some other food) party.

The topics should be such that they catch their attention. Everybody is tired of listening the topics which doesn't relate to one'e life.

Create a facebook page or a google group. Make a simple flier which highlights the topic, the speaker, time & place and free dinner offer. Send that email to all sisters who are in your area. Create an event on facebook and publicize it among the sisters in your area. Ask them to attend, and note why many confirmed to attend. Communication is vital.

If you need help in this micro-management stuff (google app, facebook, fliers, emails), then there are many sister even on this forum who can help you out in setting up.

I hope this helps :)

Avoid the distraction which is created by certain members, be focused and make duaa.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I think what I really want is speak to real sisters. I just want to celebrate my love of my faith.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Well brother if I really elaborated it would be another 9000 posts!!! Its all good. Often, I just want to welcome everyone. Sometimes, I am misunderstood. And there are times I become the lioness. But, it is all quite simple. I just love being around Muslims 24/7.

And to my son,

that photograph captures so much...but to more important matters...I am trying to understand the absolute. I want to march on that line...InshaAllah.

Lena

:salam2:

Sister Aapa, May Allah grant me my wish of meeting you. You are wise Masha'Allah and I would like to learn from you as much as I can. Insha'Allah Khair!!!

:wasalam: