Dhimmi

Rebaz

Just came across this Sharia-handbook and how Non-muslims should be treated in an Islamic state, I wonder how much of this is actually of Islamic character and is this how we should treat them?

''9.11.3 Conditions imposed on non-Muslims
Such an agreement is only valid when the non-Muslim subjects:
(a) follow the rules of Islam mentioned below (9.11.5) and those involving public behavior and dress. Non-Muslim acts of worship and their private lives have their own laws, judges, and courts that enforce the rules of their own religion among their communities;
(b) and pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya).

9.11.5 Rules for non-Muslim subjects
There is an obligation upon Non-Muslim subjects to comply with Islamic rules that pertain to the safety and compensation of life, reputation, and property.
In addition, they:
1. are penalized for committing adultery or theft, though not for drunkenness;
2. are distinguished from Muslims in dress, wearing a wide cloth belt (zunnar);
3. are not greeted with "as-Salamu 'alaykum";
4. must keep to the side of the street;
5. may not build higher than or as high as the Muslim buildings, though if they acquire a high rise home, it is not razed;
6. are forbidden to openly display wine or pork, to ring church bells or display crucifixes, recite the Torah or Evangel aloud, or make public display of their funerals and feast-days;
7. and are forbidden to build new churches.

9.11.10 The Agreement violation
1. commits adultery with a Muslim woman or marries her;
2. conceals spies of hostile forces;
3. leads a Muslim away from Islam;
4. kills a Muslim;
5. or mentions something impermissible about Allah, the Prophet - may Allah venerate him and give him peace - , or Islam.

o11.11 When a subject's agreement with the state has been violated, the caliph chooses between the four alternatives mentioned above in connection with prisoners of war (o9.14).

o9.14 When an adult male is taken captive, the caliph (def: o25) considers the interests (O: of Islam and the Muslims) and decides between the prisoner's death, slavery, release without paying anything, or ransoming himself in exchange for money or for a Muslim captive held by the enemy.
http://www.shafiifiqh.com/maktabah/r...ftraveller.pdf ''

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam \alaikum

instead alcohol and pork are being sold directly in the markets in UAE as far i can recall from a thread in tti.

and let us not go the other points, we'll be ashmed of ourselves first, then bothered about them.

JazakAllah khair for sharing
wassalam

Hatty

:salam2:

some of the rules in the sharia handbook you cited were not based on sharia. Some were introduced later during the Khilafa. Every time the dhimmis abused the freedom given to them under the sharia then strict rules were introduced to keep them in check.

jonas1993

Banned
nobody should be discriminated against for their religious status
if non muslims or muslims want to drink or eat pork
that should be their free choice to do such

if you don't want to then dont do it!
Shariah is clearly a violation of human rights

esperanza

revert of many years

how can it be a violatiojn of human rights,,,
this is the law of islam...if your a muslim you should follow it

Perseveranze

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

You call yourself a muslim ? And then say this ? You might just want to re-think what you said. Shunning the shariah, is shunning the Quran and Sunnaah and you call yourself a muslim ?

jonas1993

Banned
I consider state application of sharia law to be contrary to human rights due to the penalities for things it applies along with the things it criminalizes. Like the death penalty for apostates, floggings for adultery and those things. I don't support that being done as I consider it to be contrary to human rights.

I do consider myself a secular muslim as stated above but since my views on sharia and hijab cause such great offense which was NEVER my intent I will no longer debate them here. I will just explain my view and leave it. I don't wish to upset people as that is not my goal in life..

Perseveranze

I consider state application of sharia law to be contrary to human rights due to the penalities for things it applies along with the things it criminalizes. Like the death penalty for apostates, floggings for adultery and those things. I don't support that being done as I consider it to be contrary to human rights.

Watch the videos/read the link above. Your understanding is extremely poor.

views on sharia and hijab cause such great offense

Wow, you have a problem with Hijab aswell?

I do consider myself a secular muslim

No such thing exists.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Secular = No influence of religion over other aspects like Economy, Politics, etc. Islam = a deen and not a religion. And I don't have to explain the meaning of deen to you since you are an emirati. When you say Secular Muslim = You probably mean "I have submitted partially, as I don't want Allaah or don't think Allaah can actually interfere in my Economic, Social and Political life. Only the spirituality of Islam is acceptable."

You think you know more human rights than your Creator ?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

If you think of yourself as a Muslim then you better repent and say your shahadah again. Shariah IS from Allah, are you saying Allah is in violation of human rights?

secular is another name for pickers and choosers of Islam, who think they decide what is worthy of Islam to follow and what is not.

This one is for you...

[yt]Ta4akTBVqpo[/yt]