Did anyone watch cnn special: lift of veil

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Assalamu alaikum

Did anyone watch the entiire special on CNN about women in Afganstain
it is called LIFTING OF VEIL, I did not watch the entire only maybe first 20 minutes. I had to study but it is suppose to come on again tomorrow September 16, 2007 at 8pm........you probably can youtube it to. Anyway what were your reactions to it.

Muslimah88

Assalam Alaykum,

Yes i did watch it and i thought it was very sad :( but InshaAllah it will change for the better there as time goes by.. it made me cry wallahi to watch those poor women suffer especially those in the hospital suffering from the abuse in their lives and how badly burned they were :( InshaAllah more change will come for Afghanistan in the future. I wish i could do something i'd love to go there and teach them English.

kayleigh

I was expecting it to rip on Islam, but was very pleasantly surprised to realize that religion wasn't really mentioned at all. The reporter doing the piece was a Muslim, which was nice. It was all very sad, and I think it's something americans need to see since they seem to be under the impression that we somehow liberated the women when we really haven't. They're still poor, oppressed by poverty, and society and something must be VERY wrong to drive that many women to lighting themselves on fire.

I absolutely loved it, though, and it's worth watching. But very sad indeed.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Mash'allah sister.............yeah I have to agree from what I saw of it, it did not mention islam as being the cause.

Linkgx1

Finally a documentary that didn't make Islam look like the blame.

Its the Taliban!

Sad how the women didn't get educated and now struggler. And how those darn men mocked them!

muharram23

Staff member
Finally a documentary that didn't make Islam look like the blame.

Its the Taliban!

Sad how the women didn't get educated and now struggler. And how those darn men mocked them!

NOt defending the taliban, but who knows what is true. The russians and now the americans destroyed every single infrastructure of knowledge in afghanistan and now they complain about how there are no schools for girls and stuff like that. Just a propaganda. Like they want muslims to have knowledge. They want to as like the movie is called "to lift the veil", that is what they are concerned about first. After that fitna is coming. Allah kknows best.

muharram23

Staff member
And besides, there are millions of illiterate people (non-muslim) around the world that they are not worried about. Afghanistan has a strategic purpose and iraq has, well we all no what. The worlds second largest oils reserves.

Linkgx1

NOt defending the taliban, but who knows what is true. The russians and now the americans destroyed every single infrastructure of knowledge in afghanistan and now they complain about how there are no schools for girls and stuff like that. Just a propaganda. Like they want muslims to have knowledge. They want to as like the movie is called "to lift the veil", that is what they are concerned about first. After that fitna is coming. Allah kknows best.
I was thinking that.

What if the Taliban is created by the US? What if Osama and Bush are best friends? What if Hitler is still alive?

Heh, these things make ya think. What if they sound ridiculous so we won't accept truth? You gotta think on these things!:SMILY286:

Asalaamalikum,

You took the words right out of my mouth akhi. I'm not sure what was CNNs position after titling it "lifting the veil." I don't like that title because CNN always tries to be tricky on Muslim documenatries. Since most Americans have a bad perception of Islam, the video probably made it look like ALL women were forced into marriage or ALL are forced to wear the hijab. Wish they could of shown more positives to have a balanced view.

Burning yourself is suicide, and that's haram in Islam! I think alot has to do with a lack of not being educated. May Allah swt help my brothers and sisters in Afghanistan.

muharram23

Staff member
I was thinking that.

What if the Taliban is created by the US? What if Osama and Bush are best friends? What if Hitler is still alive?

Heh, these things make ya think. What if they sound ridiculous so we won't accept truth? You gotta think on these things!:SMILY286:

Everything is possible,
They plot, and Allah plots, but Allah is the best of the plotters :) Assalamu alaykum.

falomar

Be honest with yourself and answer this question......

Would you help these people if you could, if you have the money and the power?

Doesn't watching these videos and news break your heart and mine?

There are quite lot of people suffering and there are quite loot of rich people, and rich Muslims as well....Just imagine, today I saw a playstation game worth $300 US dollars, and I see people buying it like if they were candies,.....while in those poor countries.....well...I don't really know what else to say.....

SOrry...but...I Just wonder if GOD is aware of what is happening in this world....It is said that God is so powerful and so merciful and can be everywhere....He created Heavens and Earth....has he forgotten us?

SORRY....but what I can't understand is if God is everywhere and has the knowledge those things are happening in front of him,..wouldn't that break his heart?....wouldn't he cry?......

He DOES HAVE THE MONEY AND THE POWER.......

palestine

Servant of Allah
I was thinking that.

:salam2: lol, you're very funny....come on don't let those thoughts get to you, i'm sure that the Taliban are good people because a few years ago they took over pakistan in only 80 days or was it two years not sure. but they brought peace and order to the country. please....they are againts Bush and they wouldn't work with him. but your thoughts are very funny MashaAllah. sometimes those questions can come into mind. anyways Macsalama. :salam2: :hijabi: :hijabi:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Be honest with yourself and answer this question......

Would you help these people if you could, if you have the money and the power?

Doesn't watching these videos and news break your heart and mine?

There are quite lot of people suffering and there are quite loot of rich people, and rich Muslims as well....Just imagine, today I saw a playstation game worth $300 US dollars, and I see people buying it like if they were candies,.....while in those poor countries.....well...I don't really know what else to say.....

SOrry...but...I Just wonder if GOD is aware of what is happening in this world....It is said that God is so powerful and so merciful and can be everywhere....He created Heavens and Earth....has he forgotten us?

SORRY....but what I can't understand is if God is everywhere and has the knowledge those things are happening in front of him,..wouldn't that break his heart?....wouldn't he cry?......

He DOES HAVE THE MONEY AND THE POWER.......

i don't know if your muslim or not, but your thoughts are not the thoughts of a Muslim who has faith. Anyways, Allah swt is in the heavens and he can see and hear.....and as for the suffering of these people it is a test of faith. so in the afterlife they will be rewarded for being patient. as for those who are committing suicide, they don't have patience and they've lost their trust in Allah. Everyone in this world will experience hardship. If that were not true then the prohets and Messengers of Allah would of have lived an easy life. If you don't go through hardships your never gonna be thankful to Allah. but when you go through a hardship and you get out of it, you will remember....and you will think of other people other than yourself. Allah loves those who are patient...and yes he is aware of what is happening in this world. Don't think that those who are killing the innocent or that are oppressing them will have a free ticket to paradise....oh no, you are wrong. if they don't repent the bridge of Jahanama awaits them, and worse hell for life!! so whoever you may be....swallow your words and be patient yourself with the plan of Allah....think before you say....Allah created all of mankind and all that exists...there is a reason behind everything and only Allah knows. Allah has also said swt "after every hardship there is ease". My other dear brothers and sisters if you could please provide the verses of Quran containing what i just quoted then please let this poor little fella know. sincerely your sister in Islam. :salam2: if i was offensive in any way...please pardon me.:hijabi:

falomar

i don't know if your muslim or not, but your thoughts are not the thoughts of a Muslim who has faith. Anyways, Allah swt is in the heavens and he can see and hear.....and as for the suffering of these people it is a test of faith. so in the afterlife they will be rewarded for being patient. as for those who are committing suicide, they don't have patience and they've lost their trust in Allah. Everyone in this world will experience hardship. If that were not true then the prohets and Messengers of Allah would of have lived an easy life. If you don't go through hardships your never gonna be thankful to Allah. but when you go through a hardship and you get out of it, you will remember....and you will think of other people other than yourself. Allah loves those who are patient...and yes he is aware of what is happening in this world. Don't think that those who are killing the innocent or that are oppressing them will have a free ticket to paradise....oh no, you are wrong. if they don't repent the bridge of Jahanama awaits them, and worse hell for life!! so whoever you may be....swallow your words and be patient yourself with the plan of Allah....think before you say....Allah created all of mankind and all that exists...there is a reason behind everything and only Allah knows. Allah has also said swt "after every hardship there is ease". My other dear brothers and sisters if you could please provide the verses of Quran containing what i just quoted then please let this poor little fella know. sincerely your sister in Islam. :salam2: if i was offensive in any way...please pardon me.:hijabi:

Don't worry it was not offensive....I prefer people to be frank....I'm partly amazed with what you wrote,....very clever your answer.....I have asked the same question to christians, Jewish, muslims, and others....and you managed it very well.....even so....I have my little doubts...but well.....
And....no....I'm not a Muslim, I don't belong to any religion...I'm nothing but another human-being still seeking for answers....

muharram23

Staff member
Don't worry it was not offensive....I prefer people to be frank....I'm partly amazed with what you wrote,....very clever your answer.....I have asked the same question to christians, Jewish, muslims, and others....and you managed it very well.....even so....I have my little doubts...but well.....
And....no....I'm not a Muslim, I don't belong to any religion...I'm nothing but another human-being still seeking for answers....

Ur in the right place to seek knowledge :). If you have more questions you can go to www.islamqa.com and ask a well knowlegdeble scholar of islam. Or you can post ur questions here and we will try to help you anyways we can with proofs. Because islam has proofs for everything that you need.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalaum alaikum brothers and sisters!

I wish i had seen this documentary so i could express my view about it. However, I would like to mention a few general points.

I am an Afghan and i have seen the difficult times of war with Russia, taking refuge in Iran and Pakistan....and i have seen the role of America all along.

First off, don't forget that the name of Afghanistan in the minds of general western public is associated with Taliban and Islam. If CNN or anyother media succeeds in showing negative side of Afghanistan, they have succeeded at least 80% in showing Islam/muslims bad.

I am not saying that Afghanistan and Islam are equivalent terms, but this is the concept the the non-muslim world in general has.

Why doesn't CNN and the likes of it show those women who have been widowed by American B52 bombers and lost their homes, husbands, children or even their own lives.
Those women who survived American brutality are living a constant life of tragedy. Afhganistan doesnt have a welfare system and a woman's guardian is her husband. When he is taken away from her, her world is destroyed.
America has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civillians whose distruction has never been reported by these media outlets.

Beware of the wickedness of these sources my brothers and sisters. They mix right and wrong/truth and lies and present you with a picture that is full of deception. They are there to brainwash the general public and so far have been very successful.

Wassalamu alaikum

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2: Brothers and sisters

Here are the videos. It is in 5 parts.

[yt]Q-q8XPGXqN8[/yt]

[yt]MWu529sm9fo[/yt]

[yt]2OWVcVTr0kE[/yt]

[yt]85AhUotSOQ4[/yt]

[yt]ik9p6Lg9xWg[/yt]

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
salam...
of course nothing wrong with Islam, it was Muslim who back Quran n sunnah our beloved prophet. Bros and sisters...have a look this one as well....

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=6141495

salam

:salam2:

Indeed I was shocked by what Greenspan said because it just came out of the blue. I am glad someone who was in such high position in my government said what everyone who has common sense has been thinking.Will you be reading his book?

:wasalam: