Did anyone watch cnn special: lift of veil

kayleigh

so why not the afghan language tomorrow?

Because afghanistan has no global power or influence and it'd be a waste of time for the whole world to start learning Pashto.

Yes, people should learn the native language as a courtesy if they live there, but you can't expect to exist in the world if you can't communicate with it. There are very successful people who don't speak English, but the vast majority of successful people and academics, when it comes to the international world, do speak English, or several other languages other than their own native language.

I see nothing wrong with americans being forced to learn Spanish or French, etc....so I see nothing wrong with expecting other countries to teach their students various languages that are widely spoken.

Why is it that people think imperialist, evil america = english, and vice versa? It seems pretty ridiculous to take your hatred for one country out on a language that existed long before the human race even knew that the chunk of land now known as america actually existed. I don't particularly like Russia, but that doesn't mean I think Russian is evil or bad. the irony of this is that all of us on the forum, in this thread, are speaking English. ...Oops, guess that means we've been brainwashed and oppressed by the the imperialist evil that is america, eh?

It's a matter of practicality. Like it or not, English is a common language used to communicate. It would be just as practical to teach students French as it would English, for example, or Chinese, etc.

But before sending kids to learn English, we should probably make sure all the kids can even get to school...and they can't.

seems like kayleigh is very excited about the future of the Afghans... good

but, for your informaion Kayleigh, there are many good muslims who happen to be concerned about these muslims too, arabs or not...

but, seems that you have no idea what you're talking about...

In my previous post, and I did not say Jews, i said "Israel"...
Israel is full of Ashkenazi Jews, who are not really Jews to begin with...
Don't ask me, but HISTORY...

I do hope that you're not taking this personally, because i dont...
This is a good discussion, and we are all members of this forum... Tho, I was a bit scared to continue discussing this, as you seemed quite angry at some point... Please tell me to buzz of if you don't like what I'm saying... I will do that instantenously...

wassalam

again, I understand the history of Jews and Israel fully, but Israel and Jews have nothing to do with afghanistan, which is why I ask again...why are you even bringing it up? What does afghanistan's current situation have to do with arabs, Palestine, Israel, or Jews?

Amirah20

Hmm since when did U.S start caring about the Muslim world? I smell something fishy…can anyone? Anyways as I was browsing through I saw cute little brainless comments made by a few in regards to Al-Qaida. FYI Al-Qaida was created in the late 80’s during the Russian invasion in Afghanistan. By the will of Allah (swt) the mujahideens became victorious against their enemies. Al-Qaida then decided to end all foreign influence (in muslim land) and their mission became to establish an Islamic State (you know the good old Shariah law and not man made laws). The sound of an Islamic State caused the mighty west to take a leak in their pants…and behold Al-Qaida got the “terrorist” title. Lovely story aint it…I guess it wouldn’t hurt some of you to learn about the history of Al-Qaida…CNN and Fox news won’t help much.

kayleigh

Hmm since when did U.S start caring about the Muslim world? I smell something fishy…can anyone? Anyways as I was browsing through I saw cute little brainless comments made by a few in regards to Al-Qaida. FYI Al-Qaida was created in the late 80’s during the Russian invasion in Afghanistan. By the will of Allah (swt) the mujahideens became victorious against their enemies. Al-Qaida then decided to end all foreign influence (in muslim land) and their mission became to establish an Islamic State (you know the good old Shariah law and not man made laws). The sound of an Islamic State caused the mighty west to take a leak in their pants…and behold Al-Qaida got the “terrorist” title. Lovely story aint it…I guess it wouldn’t hurt some of you to learn about the history of Al-Qaida…CNN and Fox news won’t help much.

The US government doesn't care about afghanistan. Some US citizens do. The government and americans are not the same thing, and it would be wise to remember that for future reference.

Too bad the organization has evolved into a terrorist organization that kills Muslims too.

Just because someone differs in opinion doesn't mean they're uneducated about the foundations of the group, or that they get their information from Western media outlets.

I, for one, certainly hope this particular group is never successful in establishing an Islamic state.

justoneofmillion

Assalamu Aleikum!Because afghanistan has no global power or influence and it'd be a waste of time for the whole world to start learning Pashto.
Assalam ,D0 not forget to greet with a Salam when you are talking to your Muslims brothers/sisters:redface: don`tmind about me i understand...but it is the minimum of respect and esteem that these people.have the right to ask from your side."English" is not an excuse dear sister.....:astag: .
Learning is never "useless" respected sister,it is the virtue par excellence of human existence!.Furthermore,you should be the first one to know that Power and influence for a Muslim, are or at least should be Qualities reserved for Allah swt ...

Yes, people should learn the native language as a courtesy if they live there, but you can't expect to exist in the world if you can't communicate with it
.The native American and the Australian Aborigines for example existed and survived in dignity once ,before they encountered what you call "world".Although the majority of them live in poverty,they still exist today , marked by the feeling of humiliation and servitude brought to them by invaders that put forward the same argument you are formulating here.We exist by the grace of Allah swt
There are very successful people who don't speak English, but the vast majority of successful people and academics, when it comes to the international world, do speak English, or several other languages other than their own native language.
Successful to whom?successful is a big word sister,may Allah make you and i pious enough to be successful in the "language" of Islam ...and have nothing else to look up to but his contentment to define our status
in this world and in the here after.Inschallah

I see nothing wrong with americans being forced to learn Spanish or French, etc....so I see nothing wrong with expecting other countries to teach their students various languages that are widely spoken.
Certainly it would perfectly make sense if one generalises it this way,but let me please remind you that we are referring to a specific case here....Afghanistan is in a state of war , let`s escape the details i`de rather leave the images speak for themselves,and your tactful imaginativeness have a more realistic idea of what is happening on the ground!France ,Spain or Alaska are not under greedy foreign occupation.........

Why is it that people think imperialist, evil america = english, and vice versa? It seems pretty ridiculous to take your hatred for one country out on a language that existed long before the human race even knew that the chunk of land now known as america actually existed. I don't particularly like Russia, but that doesn't mean I think Russian is evil or bad. the irony of this is that all of us on the forum, in this thread, are speaking English. ...Oops, guess that means we've been brainwashed and oppressed by the the imperialist evil that is america, eh?
Hatred is the last thing a Muslim should strive for,if it appeared so, than the error is more likely to be on my side, because i would never wanna make a muslim heart feel uncomfortable.
Hate is an intention that should never be taken into consideration or be looked at as useful no matter what the purpose is ,it saddens the heart and steals it`s youth rather than revive it , the purpose is love sister ,love!
i let you next time bestow your benefit of the doubt upon me as my sister in Islam... it is my right!!!!!!!if you don`t i will sue you in court!:angryred: :biggrin:

It's a matter of practicality. Like it or not, English is a common language used to communicate. It would be just as practical to teach students French as it would English, for example, or Chinese, etc.
I am fascinated by languages ,i my self speak six of them alhamdulillah and i wanna learn more inschallah,am still young who knows ....but the context here was different ,let us give time to time and inschallah one day you will understand what i meant.

But before sending kids to learn English, we should probably make sure all the kids can even get to school...and they can't.
Ameen

again, I understand the history of Jews and Israel fully, but Israel and Jews have nothing to do with afghanistan,
Hmm... i do not really know ...are you sure of this one:wink:

ps.by the way,Ramadan Mubarak sister i know it is your first haha!stick in there okay ,you are in our thoughts and remember that we all love you for the sake of Allah swt .
wassalam
Sindbad

The messenger of Allah :saw: said"None of you will have faith ,until he wishes for his brother ,what he would wish for himself(sahih al buchari)

Amirah20

The US government doesn't care about afghanistan. Some US citizens do. The government and americans are not the same thing, and it would be wise to remember that for future reference.

Thank you oh wise one, I did not know. hmm one question who elects the government?

kayleigh

Thank you oh wise one, I did not know. hmm one question who elects the government?

Cute. Very cute.

Do you know that much about the US government, at all? It sounds like you don't. The electoral college is set up such that popular vote doesn't necessarily decide the outcome. This is pretty obvious if you look at the 2000 election where Bush wasn't actually elected by the majority of US voters.

also, just because someone is voted into office doesn't mean every single voter in the US actually voted for that person. So, obviously, there are going to be people who don't agree with the government - which is currently the majority of Americans right now.

Just out of curiosity, who's been spoon-feeding you your propaganda?

You say americans don't care about afghanistan? I'm American, and I do. There goes that theory.

mohsofi_abdullah

Salam Kayleigh,

At this juncture, I normally would back off, feeling hurt... :)

But, since you have attempted to discuss the sentiment of Israel, the terrorist nation that doesn't recognize international standards, and the influence on Afghans, I'm gonna have to do my best to link the entities with a simple deductive reasoning.

Ok, now...
The US Congress has, somehow, achieved mutual understanding that Isarel is a friend. And, Israeli Lobby, though in the past has not been exposed to the public, has become the main player in any political campaign these days. The Congress has always scceeded in getting the American Kids to go to other countries and destroy them in the name of liberation or some sort...

Any war, recommended by the Congress, have always been backed up with Israelis Lobby, for they need the popi in Afghans, the pipeline from Baghdad to Tel Aviv, and more oil coming their way from Iran, Lubnan, Syria, and even Jordan. Look at the list. See, if it rings a bell. They all have no common ground with Israel, with the Americans being the mediator or something, who always end up declaring war with muslims in those countries anyway.

Kayleigh,
I understand your way of saying that not everything has to do with ISrael. In Al Quran, we were told to "beware of the people who claim to be Jews (Ashkenazi Jews)", because these are the people who lie, betray, and kill their fellow human beings... Heck, they even discriminate the original middle east Jews from the blonde ones... May Allah expose these people one of these days, because, in most Islamic Nationes, we haven't even managed 50% of the muslims to understand what a Jew and a zionist is. 50 is the key percentage. It places importance on the community to realize what kind of people we are dealing with.

Which, most Americans are not even aware of.

Wassalam

kayleigh

I agree that the Zionist lobby probably did have some behind the scene work when it comes to the war.

Sorry, I just misunderstood you, and thought you were saying the Israeli issue has everything to do with Afghanistan, when you really can't blame the Jews for extreme poverty, an extremist government, and extremist sentiments and more poverty throughout the country. The country had big problems before the war, and they still have many of the same problems. That was my point - that regardless of who controls Palestine/Israel, I think there still would be problems within the country. Israel has something to do with the war, but the US invasion was hardly the root of the internal problems. Now that I understand your point (I think), I agree :)