Did crucifiction happen??

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

Allah says in the Quran, "They did not kill him and nor did they crucify him but the resemblance of him (Isa AS) was put over another man and those who differ there in, are in doubt. They have no certain knowledge. They are following nothing but conjecture for surely they did not kill him but Allah raised him up to him." (Surah Nisa)

We muslims know and believe that Isa (AS) has been raised up alive by Allah SWT and is in heaven. My question is does this verse mean that another man (the resembler) was actually crucified? I'm asking because I have also heard versions where people say that no crucifiction happened in reality, in which case what happened to this resembler? Could any brothers/sisters that have knowledge about it throw some light?

Jazak Allah Khair.

Assalam Alaikum

Raihan

<<My question is does this verse mean that another man (the resembler) was actually crucified?>>

Qur'an doesn't say so. We just have to believe that Jesus was not crucified nor was he killed. That's it. In fact, according to Bible, Jesus was also not crucified. Please watch some debate between Ahmed Deedat and Zakir Naik vs. Christian scholars in youtube.

BrotherZak

some early gnostic writers mentioned and believed that a Jesus was only a man and he was not crucified, in fact, another man was put on the cross in exchange for Jesus.

very similar to the quranic account.