Different dialects?

Jennie

I am curious to know what dialect of arabic i have slowly been learning. as i have seen so many different things now. perhaps i am learning a huge collection of different dialects! hehe

i use assalamu alaikum as a farewell most often. but i do know it can be used to greet as well. but i also notice several different spellings, and i wonder if the sound of the word is different too?

i most often use Salaam as hello. but i see different ways too.

i use SWT after Allah (swt!) which is Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala (Glory to Him, the Exalted)

I am not really LEARNING yet. more or less picking up from various friends little bits here and there.

a_stranger

:salam2:Sister
You are most welcome, the same word sometimes is written with different spellIngs and sometimes pronounced with diffrent dilects but the important thing is the meaning . Islam cares very much about what is in our hearts.

The Prophet said:” Undoubtedly, the heart gets rusted like metal gets rusted when water goes over it”. The People asked, “How can they [hearts] be cleaned.” The Prophet replied, “To remember death in abundance and to recite the Holy Quran.” (Mishkat). The holy Quran acts as a cleaner for the hearts of the people. The more you read it the cleaner would be your heart.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I think the way you speak would be a good sign of what dialect you are learning. I've noticed a lot of American English speakers learn the Egyptian dialect.

Jennie

thank you! this makes sense. i had a feeling that the words made no difference to Allah (swt) but the meaning and the infliction is what He cared about. I have not started to speak it yet. I have tried, and i normally end up tongue tied. but i have been told that learning any language as a second to English is very difficult. because English is so complex.