Disposing Islamic papers.....

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

Yea its me again :redface:
Ermm…okkk, I got all these “old” books and now they are of no use at all okk. I really want to get rid of them because they are just lying around, and making a big mess :p Now…I don’t know how I should dispose them. Because some of them have Allah’s name written. I heard that you should burn Islamic papers but here if you try doing that, the smoke alarm will go crazy!! And the whole neighborhood would hear :p And then they would rush over to see whats going on and….okk, you know what I mean. I don’t want all that happening. Any help? :redface: My friend told me that soaking them in hot water will just make all the writing go. But I’m not sure if that’s okk :redface:

How can I dispose them??? :redface:

Thankxx
I love you all so much :hearts:

The_truth

Assalamu alaykum

Yea its me again :redface:
Ermm…okkk, I got all these “old” books and now they are of no use at all okk. I really want to get rid of them because they are just lying around, and making a big mess :p Now…I don’t know how I should dispose them. Because some of them have Allah’s name written. I heard that you should burn Islamic papers but here if you try doing that, the smoke alarm will go crazy!! And the whole neighborhood would hear :p And then they would rush over to see whats going on and….okk, you know what I mean. I don’t want all that happening. Any help? :redface: My friend told me that soaking them in hot water will just make all the writing go. But I’m not sure if that’s okk :redface:

How can I dispose them??? :redface:

Thankxx
I love you all so much :hearts:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Heres the answer to your question:

Any material containing translations or transliterations of Qur’aanic verses, Ahaadith and Allah’s name, for example, Jazaakallah, Assalaamu Alaykum, etc. should be disposed off by burying them. Burning is also permitted though not preferable. (Fataawa Mahmoodiyyah, vol.1 pg.17)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Heres another answer:

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful

With regards to disposing and getting rid of unwanted Islamic literature, many classical jurists (fuqaha) state that the best way to get rid of it is to bury it in a place where people normally would not walk. There is also nothing wrong in casting the literature in flowing water by tying it with something heavy. Alternatively, one may burn the Islamic literature, but only after erasing the name of Allah Most High, His angels and Messengers. (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 5/271 and other classical Fiqh references)

Now, shredding Islamic literature is akin to burning it, hence the same rule would apply, in that it will be permitted to use a paper shredder to shred it, but only after erasing the name of Allah Most High, His angels and His Messengers. Also, one should avoid throwing the shredded remains in the bin; rather, one should bury the remains somewhere where people would not normally walk.

Note that the above ruling is only with regards to Islamic literature such as papers, Islamic books and other such material. As far as the Qur'an is concerned, there is a separate ruling concerning its disposal.
And Allah knows best

Wasalaam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Heres the answer to your question:

Any material containing translations or transliterations of Qur’aanic verses, Ahaadith and Allah’s name, for example, Jazaakallah, Assalaamu Alaykum, etc. should be disposed off by burying them. Burning is also permitted though not preferable. (Fataawa Mahmoodiyyah, vol.1 pg.17)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Heres another answer:

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful

With regards to disposing and getting rid of unwanted Islamic literature, many classical jurists (fuqaha) state that the best way to get rid of it is to bury it in a place where people normally would not walk. There is also nothing wrong in casting the literature in flowing water by tying it with something heavy. Alternatively, one may burn the Islamic literature, but only after erasing the name of Allah Most High, His angels and Messengers. (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 5/271 and other classical Fiqh references)

Now, shredding Islamic literature is akin to burning it, hence the same rule would apply, in that it will be permitted to use a paper shredder to shred it, but only after erasing the name of Allah Most High, His angels and His Messengers. Also, one should avoid throwing the shredded remains in the bin; rather, one should bury the remains somewhere where people would not normally walk.

Note that the above ruling is only with regards to Islamic literature such as papers, Islamic books and other such material. As far as the Qur'an is concerned, there is a separate ruling concerning its disposal.
And Allah knows best

Wasalaam

Walaikumusalam wr wb

JazakAllahu khair my dear brother/sister
Just the answer I was looking for! ;)

:hearts:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
assalamualaikum,
or u can give some to ur frnds and relatives so that they will have benefit of it.or if u r burning thrs nothing to worry coz allah can understand our feelings pls reply.
may allah bless all of us inshaallah

Walaikumu salam akhi

Of course, giving it to other people so they can benefit is an awesome idea! ;) InshaAllah I will do that. Some of them are just a bit too old :redface: and thats why I want to dispose them. But brother, you are absolutley correct :)

Ameen to your dua

:hearts: