Do Christians and Jews have any share in hereafter?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamu 'alykum my dear brothers and sisters,

Hope you all are in the best state of your physical and spiritual health Inshaa Allah...

Sorry..I've been missing from TTI :p was busy in professional life...
Anyway I'm back again and yeah ofcourse again have a question for you all...

I was having a conversation with my friend about the disbelievers and he brought an Ayah and was sayin that Disbelievers(Precisely Jews and chirstians) do have their share in hereafter and he quote this ayah..

Al-Baqara 2:62

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالنَّصَارَىٰ وَالصَّابِئِينَ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

إن الذين آمنوا والذين هادوا والنصارى والصابئين من آمن بالله واليوم الآخر وعمل صالحا فلهم أجرهم عند ربهم ولا خوف عليهم ولا هم يحزنون

Sahih International
Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

Muhsin Khan
Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Pickthall
Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Yusuf Ali
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Shakir
Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Dr. Ghali
Surely (the ones) who have believed and the ones who have Judaized and the Nasara (Christians) and the Sabi'in, (Sabaeans) whoever have believed in Allah and the Last Day and done righteousness, then they will have their reward in the Providence of their Lord, and no fear will be on them, neither will they grieve.

With this translations he was sayin that even Christians and Jews and Sabi'in do have there share in hear after if they did righteous.
And ofcourse I am not being a knwoledgble person I din't heave the conversation and said I will be back with the explanation...

Could any of you explain the above mentioned verse in detail...

Waiting for your responses...

Do remember me in your precious du'as...

Your Bro-in-Islaam,
Al-Abrar-Ul-Hussain

Tomtom

Banned
Muhsin Khan
Surely, those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah, in His Messenger Muhammad SAW and all that was revealed to him from Allah), those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, - whosoever believed in Allah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. 5:69

As far as I understand it, those Jews and Christians who believed in Allah and His prophets and who did righteoseness will be saved. However, those at the time of the Prophet (pbuh) and afterwards MUST believe in the Holy Qur'an and the final messenger to mankind.

Muhsin Khan
And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islamic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them): "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilah (God) and your Ilah (God) is One (i.e. Allah), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)." 29:46

Muhsin Khan
Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures. 98:6

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Bhai.

I do not have answer to your query. Just writing to welcome you again. I wondered many times as to where did you disappear?. Anyway,pleasant to find you back.

Regards.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

Alhamdulillah that you get back on TTI brother,and I am sure many brothers and sisters missed your usefull and good manners posts, Mashallah.

Allah subhane wa teala sais: "Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians (Sabi'in), whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.) "

After Allah described the condition - and punishment - of those who defy His commands, fall into His prohibitions and transgress set limits by committing prohibited acts, He stated that the earlier nations who were righteous and obedient received the rewards for their good deeds. This shall be the case, until the Day of Judgment. Therefore, whoever follows the unlettered Messenger and Prophet shall acquire eternal happiness and shall neither fear from what will happen in the future nor become sad for what has been lost in the past.

(Verily, those who say: "Our Lord is Allah (alone),'' and then they stand firm, on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): "Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!''). (41:30)

Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day) that Allah revealed the following Ayah afterwards:

And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

This statement by Ibn `Abbas indicates that Allah does not accept any deed or work from anyone, unless it conforms to the Law of Muhammad that is, after Allah sent Muhammad . Before that, every person who followed the guidance of his own Prophet was on the correct path, following the correct guidance and was saved

When Allah sent Muhammad as the Last and Final Prophet and Messenger to all of the Children of Adam, mankind was required to believe in him, obey him and refrain from what he prohibited them; those who do this are true believers. The Ummah of Muhammad was called `Mu'minin' (believers), because of the depth of their faith and certainty, and because they believe in all of the previous Prophets and matters of the Unseen.

The Sabi'un or Sabians

There is a difference of opinion over the identity of the Sabians. Sufyan Ath-Thawri said that Layth bin Abu Sulaym said that Mujahid said that, "The Sabians are between the Majus, the Jews and the Christians. They do not have a specific religion.'' Similar is reported from Ibn Abi Najih. Similar statements were attributed to `Ata' and Sa`id bin Jubayr. They (others) say that the Sabians are a sect among the People of the Book who used to read the Zabur (Psalms), others say that they are a people who worshipped the angels or the stars. It appears that the closest opinion to the truth, and Allah knows best, is Mujahid's statement and those who agree with him like Wahb bin Munabbih, that the Sabians are neither Jews nor Christians nor Majus nor polytheists. Rather, they did not have a specific religion that they followed and enforced, because they remained living according to their Fitrah (instinctual nature). This is why the idolators used to call whoever embraced Islam a `Sabi', meaning, that he abandoned all religions that existed on the earth. Some scholars stated that the Sabians are those who never received a message by any Prophet. And Allah knows best.

Islaam is the religion of all Allahs Prophets, only that people who lived in that time called themselves by their chosen names. That is how Christians called themselves " Christians" by name of Prophet Issa a.s., the same like Jews called themselves by the name of the tribe " Jehuda", but Allah subhan wa teala sais clearly in Quran that all His Prophets were Muslims.

Allah subhana wa teala sais for His Prophet Nuh a.s: "But if you turn away [from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah], then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."( Surah Yunus, ayah 72)

In other Ayah Allah subhanhu wa teala sais for His Prophet Ibrahim a.s: "When his Lord said to him, "Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!" He said, "I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)."

"And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya'qub (Jacob), (saying), "O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims - Islamic Monotheism)." ( Surah Al Baqarah, ayah 131,132)

And Allahs Prophet Mussa a.s. was saying to him people as Allah subhanhu wa teala sais in Quran: " And Musa (Moses) said: "O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais for His Prophet Issa a.s: "
"Then when 'Iesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)."Our Lord!
We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger ['Iesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha ill-Allah - none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)." ( Surah Ali Imran, ayah 52)

When Prophet Sulayman a.s sent a letter to Belikisa he said:" Be you not exalted against me, but come to me as Muslims (true believers who submit to Allah with full submission)" ( Surah An Naml).

Allah subhanahu wa teala clearly sais in Quran to all mankind that all His Messangers and Prophtets were Muslims only and were beliving in only one God, like a Creator of everything that exist and that only He( Allah) is worst of worshiping( without associating Him partners in anything), SubhanAllah.

Allah subhanhu wa teala sais: "Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."( Surah Ali Imran, ayah 64)

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers" ( Surah Ali Imran, ayah 85)

And Allah subbahu wa teala knows the best.

I pray to Allah that this answer was usefull for you dear brother, especially for your non Muslim friend, Inshallah. May Allah guide him to the right path. Ameen ya Rabby :tti_sister:

:wasalam: