Do humans really have free will?

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I've got a very interesting question that has got me mind boggled. It's about if humans really have free will. Someone might say "Why would you ask that? Of course we have free will, we can do whatever we want."

However here are three key points that back the claim that humans don't really have free will.

How can humans have free will if…

1. Allah has knowledge of the past, present and future?,
(Eg: He knows what has happened, what is happening and what is going to happen).

2. Allah has already planned what is going to happen?,
(Eg: Before Allah created his creation He already planned what was going to happen within His creation).

3. Allah is in control of everything that happens?
(Eg: Everything is within the boundaries of Allah's will. No matter what someone or something plans to do, it is only by the will of Allah that it happens or doesn't happen).

Therefore someone might say that Allah created within each of us the ability to formulate an intention. Allah wants us to make our own choices. (Paraphrased from the book Islam Is... By Pete Seda) That is a valid point but then again the intention formulated by someone is only by the will of Allah and was already planned by Allah before he created His creation. So therefore do we really have free will?

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
]
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I've got a very interesting question that has got me mind boggled. It's about if humans really have free will. Someone might say "Why would you ask that? Of course we have free will, we can do whatever we want."
Wa alaikum assalam.
However here are three key points that back the claim that humans don't really have free will.

How can humans have free will if…

1. Allah has knowledge of the past, present and future?,

Yes because He is Allah and He's All Knowing.
(Eg: He knows what has happened, what is happening and what is going to happen).

2. Allah has already planned what is going to happen?,
Yes because He knows what everyone will do and say.
(Eg: Before Allah created his creation He already planned what was going to happen within His creation).

3. Allah is in control of everything that happens?
Yes but He only gives good, the shaytan give bad but Allahu Alam.
(Eg: Everything is within the boundaries of Allah's will. No matter what someone or something plans to do, it is only by the will of Allah that it happens or doesn't happen).

Therefore someone might say that Allah created within each of us the ability to formulate an intention. Allah wants us to make our own choices. (Paraphrased from the book Islam Is... By Pete Seda) That is a valid point but then again the intention formulated by someone is only by the will of Allah and was already planned by Allah before he created His creation. So therefore do we really have free will?
Yup.