Do Muslims/Islam reject Darwinism/Evolution/Darwin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Science should reject Darwinism due to a fatal flaw.

Evolution is the belief that animals change to fit their changing environment or they die. So think about it, when a species evolves whichever ones did not change will die off. If this is true, why are there apes? If the lower primates had to evolve to humans or die, why do we still have both species living? If they didn't need to evolve then the most intelligent species would be apes and there would not be tool-welding humans.

The theory does indeed state that a species is required to evolve or die when strenuous demands are placed on the species over a long period of time. However, apes and humans are not actually direct ancestors of each other - they are both descendants of a common ancestor, who is now extinct. Apes and humans took two distinct evolutionary paths from this common ancestor: this is called divergent evolution, and it explains why both species are alive today.

P.S. This is simply stated from a biology student's perspective, not necessarily my personal own

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If the Creator wishes to Create He does so at His Will. Creation is not a stagnant process. He has no Limits.

When we use words like Darwinism we need to be treading lightly. Here is my take on Mr. Darwin:

Rich man is bored. Rich man goes on a long voyage. Why work..only the poor do that. He writes his thoughts in a book. Rich man needs money. He gives lectures on his findings. Oh my God there are pink dolphins. ( No kidding..hasn't Allah told us of His Magnificence. )

Capitalists and communists and Zionists ( the plotters ) are listening. Oh we can now have a justification to oppress. We can divide humans not only by color but we can now have these crazy groupings we call intelligence and we can measure it. We will come up with our versions of what it means to be gifted and intelligent and we can have our evil empire. we will put ceilings on what a person's potential: division of labor.

Now everyone is happy. We can sell black men, give alcohol to the red man, brake the back of the yellow man by making him a drug addict, the white poor..well we will make sure they keep the darkies in their place. It is called Social Darwinism.

Allah subhana talla reminds us with His words that we are all the same. We need to be responsible for his Creation.

PS: The Goodwill has been a non-profit organization that has hired the handicapped, traditionally. I apologize to BrotherinIslam. However, Muslims do not hoard we give with our right hand without our left hand knowing.. We give to our community.
I have discovered the Muslim communities are very reluctant to accept donations. Thus, I give to the charities who accept my humble donations.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
But some Hadiths mention height of Adam(Pbuh) as 60-cubit and His survival lasted for 900 years.

Interesting point. I myself have wondered about this for quite some time.

What is the Islamic perspective on how man got from how Adam a.s. was then to how we are now? And how come this variation in height isn't mentioned in western-based resources?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

I do not know if you recall someone posted photographs of the graves of some of the prophets. I was amazed by several factors. One was how simply the graves were marked. The second factor was the length of the graves.

I recall several graves were in Iraq; this is prior to the heavy bombing by the US. I do not who posted the photographs. I do not know if any of the sites were bombed.

We are so accustomed to measuring everything..funny thing we can not count the hair on our heads.

As man makes discoveries about himself and his world..it only points back to us needing and worshiping Allah.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Evolution or not,this doesn't exclude the need for a primary cause to existence.Basically atheists most of the time use this evolution concept to try and discredit and ridicule the instinctive need of humans all across history to believe in a higher being.

The arguements I heard so far even coming from the most acclaimed among them, doesn't even deserve to be granted extra time or taken seriously, with all due respect as they are entitled to their views ,but is all show and self glorification.

To try and make believe that if one leaves the house in the morning, closes the door behind,comes back at night and finds a well decorated table with all kinds of dishes ,fruits , drinks,candles,flowers...etc that it all came into being on it's own,accidentally without a kind heart behind .without cause or purpose...thus according to them there is no objective meaning to existence, when all we are surrounded by has a purpose an origin and a logical consequence,is so self contradictory with the notions of logic that atheist so dearly love to ascribe to themselves ,that I would rather believe that Alice in the wonderland was actually a guy.

Now go figure who believes in fairy tales.They took us from the enlightenment back to the caveman's darkness through their musing and more or less wishful thinking.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

My beloved brother,

You better post on everything. You have such a gift for words.

Yes, there were cavemen in the past and there are some who live in "caves" to defend Islam today.

I, a believing and humble woman, will not accept anything but the Word of Allah as to my origins. It is simple..I am a daughter of Adam not a monkey.

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:
Evolution
199672_108169215932421_100002180302404_75293_3035842_n.jpg

:wasalam:

ALHAMDULILLAH!!!! Very good response brother.....VERY good!!!!!

:tti_sister:

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

Although, BrotherinIslam is moderator..do not forget he is not an imam or a scholar.
He has areas which he knows he is lacking. He does not have complete knowledge on Islam.

He edited a post of mine on charity. Insha'Allah I will be given an opportunity to defend my point of view. He has no authority to decide for me. According to him Muslims can not give to Goodwill, the Salvation Army,..and I gently remind him be careful brother...

Brother....why are you having discussion with a non-Muslim married female who has told us she will not convert to Islam...
why not send her the way of the sisters or cease discussions with her. I fear this is not good.

As salamo alaikome

I have just one question..........what gives you the right to ask a brother or sister Muslim why we are talking to a non-Muslim???? What do you think would have happened had our beloved Prophet Muhammed (SAW) felt this way???? I dont think Islam would be the fastest growing religion in the world right now if that were the case do you?????

This is NOT the attitude that a Muslim should have even if the non Muslim is stating they will NEVER revert because ONLY Allah can say who will and who will not revert as it is ONLY Allah who can guide!!!!

Please check yourself and correct yourself sister! It is not only our right but our DUTY as Muslims to speak to non Muslims everywhere in the hope of enlightening them and if not at least CORRECTING misconceptions about Islam! If we all stop speaking to non Muslims what is the point of dawah???? How in the world could we ever perform it?

May Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path Ameen.
:tti_sister:

Wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Im very sorry to make an additional post on this thread but I just read another thread which I am unable to respond to because Brotherinislam has locked it.

I once again found something interesting that sister Aapa posted in that thread which brought up a new question in my mind......

Sister Aapa let me get this straight if you dont mind explaining why you feel it is alright and even beneficial to give charity to non Muslims by donating our old belongings to their agencies yet we shouldnt speak to non Muslims? How does that even make any sense? I dont get your reasoning. Please explain just how that works if you dont mind.

Wa salam

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
This is just my own understanding regarding why sister Aapa wrote this:

Brother....why are you having discussion with a non-Muslim married female who has told us she will not convert to Islam...
why not send her the way of the sisters or cease discussions with her. I fear this is not good.

I think it is because the mod has edited her post on charity.
She believes that Muslims can give charity to Goodwill, Salvation Army etc, he doesn't, and so he edited her post. That is why she is questioning him that if you are so much "strict" then why you have engaged yourself (being a male) in a discussion with a non-Muslim married female who has told us she will not convert to Islam.

Here is my opinion about charity:

Zakah -- This is a mandetory charity in Ramadan. We should make an effort to give it to a Muslim, otherwise it can be given to any poor person. Suppose you are distributing money in a poor area and a non-Muslim hungry person comes then are you going to push him away?

Sadaqah -- This is an optional charity and this for sure can be given to any needy person.

Isra

aka Tree2008
This is just my own understanding regarding why sister Aapa wrote this:

She believes that Muslims can give charity to Goodwill, Salvation Army etc, he doesn't, and so he edited her post. That is why she is questioning him that if you are so much "strict" then why you have engaged yourself (being a male) in a discussion with a non-Muslim married female who has told us she will not convert to Islam.

Here is my opinion about charity:

Zakah -- This is a mandetory charity in Ramadan. We should make an effort to give it to a Muslim, otherwise it can be given to any poor person. Suppose you are distributing money in a poor area and a non-Muslim hungry person comes then are you going to push him away?

Sadaqah -- This is an optional charity and this for sure can be given to any needy person.

Wa alaikome salam dear brother

Please forgive me brother I must respectfully disagree with you. I am sorry but I think you are mistaken. Sister Aapa's comments about speaking to a non Muslim were not aimed at brotherinislam but rather complex_man who was having a conversation with the non Muslim member JenGiove.

I would like to remind everyone of one thing.......although JenGiove is not a Muslim she IS a member of this website! Also I might point out the fact that not one time.........not ONCE have I read anything from her that has been disrespectful towards Islam! In fact quite the opposite! I have always seen her posting opinions with proof and if she talks of something of her own opinion she is QUICK to state that it is NOT Islam but her OWN opinion. I have never seen her try to convince any Muslim member to go against Islam and in fact quite the contrary!!!!

I see no harm in any Muslim speaking to a non Muslim and especially a non Muslim that respects Islam the way that JenGiove does! I do believe that is not just MY opinion but our beloved Prophet Muhammed's and Islams opinion as well! Please correct me and may Allah forgive me if I am wrong!

Wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Brother Munawar got it 100%.

We choose how closely we wish to follow the Path. If we choose to adhere to all of it, we have to adhere to it at all times.

There is no harm in speaking to a non-Muslim. However, as Muslims we try to avoid unnecessary banter with the opposite sex. I rarely speak to Muslim men, let alone non-Muslims. When I have to speak I keep my head down.

When I communicate via the internet with my brothers, I think, over the years I have made it very clear that I am an older sister. And they have demonstrated over the years they agree.

One brother was upset because I prefaced my response to him by calling him sweet brother. He thought I was coming onto him. Out of respect for the brother and all others I stopped.

Part of the evolutionary process we need to address our nafs and rous.

Sister, you do not need to be upset over this. I do believe that I am correct on this.

As for dawah. It is better for Muslim women to give dawah to non-Believing women. A Muslim woman can not give a man dawah.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam sister,

Brother Munawar got it 100%.

Sister are you telling me that you were directing your question about why he was speaking to a non Muslim married woman at brotherinislam and not at complex_man? That is very strange to me since it was complex_man and not brotherinislam who was doing all the conversing with JenGiove who is the non Muslim married woman you were referring to correct?

We choose how closely we wish to follow the Path. If we choose to adhere to all of it, we have to adhere to it at all times.

I totally agree with this statement although Im not really sure how it pertains to the question I asked you.

There is no harm in speaking to a non-Muslim. However, as Muslims we try to avoid unnecessary banter with the opposite sex. I rarely speak to Muslim men, let alone non-Muslims. When I have to speak I keep my head down.

I agree with your statement here too. However when you are on a website such as this where the members are conversing and sometimes even debating about Islamic issues it is close to impossible to NOT speak to a member of the opposite sex at some point! I have to disagree with what you said about you "rarely" speaking to Muslim men because I have seen many of your posts on this website and you have directed your responses and advice to men as well as women indiscriminately. We are not talking about what we do in person but rather what was done on the website which you addressed the brother about.

When I communicate via the internet with my brothers, I think, over the years I have made it very clear that I am an older sister. And they have demonstrated over the years they agree.

Sorry sister but age is not the issue here. You are directly contradicting what you said earlier and I quote "We choose how closely we wish to follow the Path. If we choose to adhere to all of it, we have to adhere to it at all times." so you cannot really use age in this arguement. Either its ok to speak to men on the internet or it is not ok. Age is irrelevant in this case when you made the point to say earlier "we must adhere to it at all times".

One brother was upset because I prefaced my response to him by calling him sweet brother. He thought I was coming onto him. Out of respect for the brother and all others I stopped.

That is very commendable of you sister. We should all be reminded regardless of our ages that it is not recommended to call the opposite sex by any sort of "affectionate" nickname. Thank you for that reminder.

Part of the evolutionary process we need to address our nafs and rous.

:lol: very nice add sister considering the topic of the thread. However this has nothing to do with my original post or my question to you.

Sister, you do not need to be upset over this. I do believe that I am correct on this.

I am not upset over anything sister. I am merely wondering why you would suggest to a brother on this website that he should not speak to another member simply because she is a non Muslim and apparently for no other reason! That was a simple question which frankly you have not yet answered in my opinion.

As for dawah. It is better for Muslim women to give dawah to non-Believing women. A Muslim woman can not give a man dawah.

When did my question refer to women giving men dawah? What I asked you was how you felt you were right in telling a BROTHER not to speak to a non Muslim woman! In that case I used dawah as an example because our Prophet was a man who gave dawah to women as well as men! I dont know why you would change what I said about dawah as if it were a Muslim woman speaking to a non Muslim man. Please read my original post when I spoke about giving dawah and you will see nowhere that I mentioned women giving dawah to non Muslim men.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

If it pleases you to call me a hypocrite do so.

I have apologized to Brother in Islam. I find him to be a righteous and pious man. I may disagree with him, but the respect is mutual between us.

I will write a post on the Islamic tradition of respecting our elders.

I will write a post on the etiquette of women giving dawah.

It is time to return to the topic on hand.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

If it pleases you to call me a hypocrite do so.

I have apologized to Brother in Islam. I find him to be a righteous and pious man. I may disagree with him, but the respect is mutual between us.

I will write a post on the Islamic tradition of respecting our elders.

I will write a post on the etiquette of women giving dawah.

It is time to return to the topic on hand.

Wa alaikome salam

Your response makes me very sad sister. I had hoped you would answer the question I asked you that is all.

You have to remember that I am a revert so I am able to see things from both sides which is not always a good way to see things because it can be very confusing at times. I understand what a non Muslim feels when Muslims gang up on them. It is not our right to do so. In fact we as Muslims are the mirror of Islam and that means non Muslims judge Islam according to the way they are treated by Muslims in many cases. One of my favorite sayings is "I am so happy I found Islam before I ever met a Muslim". That is true in my case Alhamdulillah.

I dont want any members here at TTI to feel as if they are not welcome even if they have stated a MILLION times they will NEVER become Muslim!!!!!! It is not our place to decide they are not worth the effort to even speak to them because of that reason!!!! In fact it is the opposite and it is our DUTY to speak to them even more and as much as we possibly can!!!! It is our actions and words which are a direct reflection of what they think Islam is! Ok so maybe right now she is not accepting Islam for herself BUT........she is not disrespecting any member here nor is she bashing Islam so why should we not speak to her or value her opinions?

That was my question to you dear sister! If I put you on the spot and made you feel uncomfortable I am truely sorry but I did it for a reason! I wanted you to see what that non Muslim girl you advised the brother not to speak to feels. Maybe if you felt what she feels you would change your mind. Inshallah you will think about it at least.

Wa salam

By the way, for the record I never called you a hypocrite!

JenGiove

She believes that Muslims can give charity to Goodwill, Salvation Army etc, he doesn't, and so he edited her post.

Actually, the post in question was in the thread asking about how to handle haram possessions after reverting. The OP wanted to know if they should donate those things <I.E music, movies musical instruments> or destroy them. I posted a Fatwah explaining that it is the duty for Muslims to destroy them so that it does not encourage others to sin by listening/watching those things. Aapa then posted a comment directly after mine contradicting the Fatwah. BrotherInIslam7, in his role as Moderator to protect the knowledge and to ensure correct guidance to the members, deleted her post. I had not asked him to and never pointed that thread out to him. I looked up the information regarding Goodwill and the Salvation Army and both organizations run contrary to the tenets of Islam. The thread was about disposing of haram things, NOT about donating to charity in general.

Munawar said:
That is why she is questioning him that if you are so much "strict" then why you have engaged yourself (being a male) in a discussion with a non-Muslim married female who has told us she will not convert to Islam.
My conversation was with Complex_Man in THIS thread about completely Islamicly related things. Since he had so few posts, I made sure that he knew he was speaking to a non-Muslim <as I always do>. Complex_Man had posted a link that I found Islamicly questionable and so I referred it to BrotherInIslam7 so that he could examine the link. I told him that I was doing it and why.

I admit, sometimes I get lost in the Arabic and use BrotherInIslam7 as a reference source. If he doesn't know the answer he tells me and then researches it for me. I trust his answers because of the time, effort, and source information he includes in his replies. I have learned an incredible amount from him and because he includes the source of his answers, I have learned how to look up the information myself.

Complex_Man also was questioning the Moderation of the site because of the removal of his link so I explained myself. I neither participated in unnecessary banter nor did I stray into the personal. I also never insulted anyone but tried to explain the circumstances of the original poster.

I had not stepped out of line and yet a member was questioned as to why they were speaking with a non-muslim female. That is where the confusion lays.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No-one can put me on the spot anymore and make me uncomfortable. I am a Believing woman. I put my Trust in Allah.

This thread is making me sad for Muslim women. It demonstrates why women can be lacking in intelligence. It is making us understand why we need to always have two women to support each other. If this thread does nothing else it proves the veracity of Islamic thought.

In some areas such as fatawas..it can only be amongst Muslims to dialogue and understand. A non-Muslim, by choice, can not tell a Muslim what to do. That is nonsensical. They can observe but they can not participate as Muslims. They have chosen not to be Muslim. The consequences of actions of a non-Muslim are not the same as Muslims. We have made the choice to submit to the Laws of Allah. A non-Muslim has chosen not to submit.

Can one who does not submit to the Will of Allah tell one whose only wish is to please Allah, according to His Law, really tell them what to do. I Believe not.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

No-one can put me on the spot anymore and make me uncomfortable. I am a Believing woman. I put my Trust in Allah.

This thread is making me sad for Muslim women. It demonstrates why women can be lacking in intelligence. It is making us understand why we need to always have two women to support each other. If this thread does nothing else it proves the veracity of Islamic thought.

In some areas such as fatawas..it can only be amongst Muslims to dialogue and understand. A non-Muslim, by choice, can not tell a Muslim what to do. That is nonsensical. They can observe but they can not participate as Muslims. They have chosen not to be Muslim. The consequences of actions of a non-Muslim are not the same as Muslims. We have made the choice to submit to the Laws of Allah. A non-Muslim has chosen not to submit.

Can one who does not submit to the Will of Allah tell one whose only wish is to please Allah, according to His Law, really tell them what to do. I Believe not.

Wa alaikome salam

I am truely sorry that you feel the way that you do. I dont need another woman to support me because my intelligence is not lacking. I do however need an entire nation supporting me in my quest for Islam as do many others here on this website. The complete sadness I feel is that you totally missed my message sister. That is very unfortunate.

Alhamdulillah there are many on this website who will understand what I was trying to say inshallah.

I pray Allah will keep us all on the straight path and guide those of us who stray off of that path Ameen

wa salam

Status
Not open for further replies.