Do not Connect Truth to Specific Men

• Thread starter عبد الواحد الصقلي
  • Start date
ع

عبد الواحد الصقلي

Shaykh Uthaymeen: "So one should desire the truth. And men are known by the truth, and the truth is not known by men... This is my sincere advice to our brothers; that it is not appropriate your conversations, debates, accepting and rejecting be on the basis of a particular individual." Reference: http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=97944

Last edited by a moderator:

muslimhanif

Šaykh ‘Abd al-Raḥman b. Ḥasan Āl al-Šaykh said in his 'Fatḥ al-Majīd: Šarḥ Kitāb al-Tawḥīd', "Allāh – the Almighty – said, "Verily, Ibrāhīm was a Community in himself", lest those who talk the path of Islāmic Call feel lonely or desolate because of the scarcity of their like; "obedient to Allāh" i.e. from those who are submitted to Allāh, and not to kings or wealthy merchants; "pure monotheist" is one, who worships none but Allāh; and "he was not one of those who were associationists" i.e. he was unlike those who claim that they are Muslims, while they are not. Narrated Ibn Abī Ḥātim on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbās pertaining to Allāh's Statement, "obedient to Allāh", i.e. was the only Muslim at that time."

Šaykh ‘Abd Allāh Ibn Muḥammad al-Ghunaymān said in his 'Šarḥ Fatḥ al-Majīd: Šarḥ Kitāb al-Tawḥīd', "This clearly indicates that each person has necessarily to know the Truth, and that the large number of people is not a proof that the Truth is with them, but the Truth can be with very few people, and man does not feel lonely or desolate due to this, but if he knows the Truth, is obliged to remain grasped to it even if remains alone."

Last edited: