Do Not Use Elevators when in Makkah

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Here is a Health and Safety sign from Masjid al-Haram, in case of a fire.

attachment.php

Attachments

• makah1 fire.jpg
    makah1 fire.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 822

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I think it is a general rule. If a fire breaks out, dont use the elevators. When a fire breaks out , you run to the stairs not to the elevators becuse what if you got stuck in the elevator.

:SMILY303:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Isnt that what we suppose to do. Dont take the elevators when there is fire, take the stairs..

:SMILY209:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
hehe, Brother "Akhi" !!!

Rest assured I cant use these elevators. :D, because I can only use which are around me. :D

And by the way,,,, to the other brothers:

Brother "Akhi" is doing "Super Moderation" here. :D

Wassalaam,
VE

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Hmm..

When a fire breaks out ,you do not take elevator , you go down using the stairs. Taking the elevator is dangerous. Isnt that a common sign everywhere...

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member

The story ends how you want it to end. there is no story just a plain old simple Health and safety Banner.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

JazakAllah khayr for the warning....

il bear this in mind when i make my visit to Makkah :) insha-Allah...

wasalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Actually I beg to differ with Brothers/Sister that there isn't a lesson or a story here:

In the West the sign would read: “In case Fire don’t use the elevators”

The sign in question actually reads, ““In case Fire (God forbid) don’t use the elevators”

It is a gentle reminder that we should turn to Allah (SWT) in serenity and adversity…Masha’Allah

If I was in a position to advice the Suadees I would request for the word “God” to be changed to “Allah” for the following reasons:

1) The implicit reference to divine control of our affairs becomes explicit

2) The dubious nature of the word “God” in English is removed

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

hehe, also someone graffitied TurnToIslam.com on it :p and made realistic 3d shadow on the marble...

wasalam

bayareabilal

makakilo
hahahahaha

Akhi is displaying a sense of humor LOL, I found it funny and worth a chuckle! That reminds me of the warning sign above the doors on a city bus in Seoul that tells people to look both ways before stepping off the bus LOL. Some of us need more guidance than others and laughter helps put things in perspective at times.
-peace in the middle east-
:salah:

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
I thought it was supposed to be a joke (this post)? Referring to the poor choice of English words, giving the implication that using the elevator will CAUSE a fire :)

This would definitely cause some confusion in a place like Makkah where people from EVERY imaginable background come to make Hajj.

A more appropriate warning would be "In the EVENT OF a fire, don't use the elevators" :)