Do you have a question about Arabic ? - Ask here -

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
I meant grammatically :)

No it's not the same .
I forgot what is it in English but one of them is passive the another one is .... ( I forgot )

For example : I eat the apple ( like : Jazaka Allahu khayeran )
The apple is eaten ( like : jouzeta khaeyran )

The mudhaf is like : The door of the class :
Mudhaf is Door , Mudhaf elayhi is The Class .

In Arabic : Babu Al-Fasli
Bab is the mudhaf , Al-fasl is the Mudhaf elayhi .

I hope you understood me ?

:salam2:
i believe u meant passive and active sentences,sis?
active sentence : i eat the apple.
passive sentence : the apple was eaten.
ahh..mudhaf and mudhafun elayhi - can i say it as the subject and predicate :)
:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
i believe u meant passive and active sentences,sis?
active sentence : i eat the apple.
passive sentence : the apple was eaten.
ahh..mudhaf and mudhafun elayhi - can i say it as the subject and predicate :)
:wasalam:

Yes , I meant Passive and Active
شكراً يا عسل .. جوزيتِ خيراً :)
it's as the additive , Al-Mudhaf elayhi is always ( Majroor ) with any one of Jarr accents ( ya ي , Kasrah الكسرة , or removing N )
For example : babul fasli , you should put kasrah and say fasli not either fasla or faslu .

Did u get it ?? I think I mixed u up sorry :shymuslima1:

Ibn Uthaymin

I meant grammatically :)

No it's not the same .
I forgot what is it in English but one of them is passive the another one is .... ( I forgot )

For example : I eat the apple ( like : Jazaka Allahu khayeran )
The apple is eaten ( like : jouzeta khaeyran )

The mudhaf is like : The door of the class :
Mudhaf is Door , Mudhaf elayhi is The Class .

In Arabic : Babu Al-Fasli
Bab is the mudhaf , Al-fasl is the Mudhaf elayhi .

I hope you understood me ?

I think im getting there, and any word after "Huroof al Jar " has to be kasrah.

and Asiya Hamara explained it well

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Yes , I meant Passive and Active
شكراً يا عسل .. جوزيتِ خيراً :)
it's as the additive , Al-Mudhaf elayhi is always ( Majroor ) with any one of Jarr accents ( ya ي , Kasrah الكسرة , or removing N )
For example : babul fasli , you should put kasrah and say fasli not either fasla or faslu .

Did u get it ?? I think I mixed u up sorry :shymuslima1:

alhamdulillah i think im refreshing back my memory on what i used to learn in high school
well there is marfuk' with a dhammah,mansub with a fathah and majroor with a kasrah,right
can u give some example of it?
so al mudhafun elayahi must always be majroor - now i remember :)
this was the subject in Higher Learning of Arabic language - al lughah al arabiyah al'aliyah :)

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
alhamdulillah i think im refreshing back my memory on what i used to learn in high school
well there is marfuk' with a dhammah,mansub with a fathah and majroor with a kasrah,right
can u give some example of it?
so al mudhafun elayahi must always be majroor - now i remember :)
this was the subject in Higher Learning of Arabic language - al lughah al arabiyah al'aliyah :)

و عليكم السلام
Not marfuk' , it's Marfoo3 مرفوع
Marfoo3 with Dhammah : Akalat Amalu Al-khobza ( Amal ate the bread :tongue: )
Amal is the name of the girl , it comes as a subjest so it will be marfoo3 with dhammah ( Amalu )

Al-khobz is the object , the object is always mansoob , here it's mansoob with Fat'hah , so it'll be al-Khobza .

Majroor like : Thahabtu ela al-masjidi ( I went to the Masjid )
AlMasjid comes after a Jarr word ( preposition ) so it'll be Majroor with Kasrah : al-Masjidi

I hope I could clarify it for you :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
و عليكم السلام
Not marfuk' , it's Marfoo3 مرفوع
Marfoo3 with Dhammah : Akalat Amalu Al-khobza ( Amal ate the bread :tongue: )
Amal is the name of the girl , it comes as a subjest so it will be marfoo3 with dhammah ( Amalu )

Al-khobz is the object , the object is always mansoob , here it's mansoob with Fat'hah , so it'll be al-Khobza .

Majroor like : Thahabtu ela al-masjidi ( I went to the Masjid )
AlMasjid comes after a Jarr word ( preposition ) so it'll be Majroor with Kasrah : al-Masjidi

I hope I could clarify it for you :)

mashaAllah dear sister
now i remember what i used to learn :)
barakallahu fieki aminn
ok next ques for u :biggrin:
a friend of mine once told that a syrian a'miyah wont neccessarily understand a (lets say)- an egyptian a'miyah,right?
but of course all will understand the arabic fushah even if they most of the time using a'miyah isnt it :)
and lastly take care ukhti :SMILY259:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Yes , all of us understand Al-Fos'ha

About the dialects , it depends on the person himself . For example I can understand all the dialects easily except the Moroccan , Algerian and the Tunisian one , hardly I can .

The Egyption & the Syrian one is similar .. I'm sure they can undesrand each other easily .

Ibn Uthaymin

Mawadda means cordialness,
Mahabba means love.

How do you explain this verse?

لَتَجِدَنَّ أَشَدَّ ٱلنَّاسِ عَدَٲوَةً۬ لِّلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱلۡيَهُودَ وَٱلَّذِينَ أَشۡرَكُواْ*!ۖ وَلَتَجِدَنَّ أَقۡرَبَهُم مَّوَدَّةً۬ لِّلَّذِينَ

ءَامَنُواْ ٱلَّذِينَ قَالُوٓاْ إِنَّا نَصَـٰرَىٰ*!ۚ ذَٲلِكَ بِأَنَّ مِنۡهُمۡ قِسِّيسِينَ وَرُهۡبَانً۬ا وَأَنَّهُمۡ لَا يَسۡتَڪۡبِرُونَ

Ibn Uthaymin

We have seen this verse verified millions of times throughout history, haven't we? It says,
"You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers [to be] the Jews and those who associate others with God in worship; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant." (2:82)

While some Jews are cordial and some Christians are hostile, it has been the case throughout history that the Jews hated Muslims, sometimes for no reason, while the Christians have been sociable with Muslims even when Muslims have not been! God mentions the decisive distinction: humility. Christians who take their religion seriously heed Christ's teaching of love and charity and practice it.

Ok makes sense to me. Jews are more hostile to Muslims guess it explains the Middle East problem.

Ibn Uthaymin

غيرة ؟
it's jealousy

Is there a difference betwenn Hasad and gheerah. Someone said the Sahaba had gheerah for their wives or something down that line. Also doesnt Allah tell us to see refuge from envy/jealousy in the Quran - Surah Falaq. Can you explain please?

Ibn Uthaymin

It's actually pronounced Ghayra. "Gheera" is colloquial pronunciation. Ghayra means jealousy and Hasad means envy. The difference is that envy means wishing a good be removed from somebody while jealousy means passionate defense of what you hold dear.

Oh really, ah thats quite funny i thought they were the same thing. Jazakallhu khayr :D

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamu alykum guys!

..back to the gheerah/ghayra issue. In context can it also mean "resolve", "determination", "devotion" ?