Do you sponsor a child?

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
sorry, I don't mainly cuz I am not truly sure if the money is going to the children. I would truly love to adopt a child or children but I am not marry. My brother did sponsor a child but this was like 10 years ago. I think he sponsor the child for one year.

MubarekMuslimah

Alhamdulillah me and my husband do, we sponser an orphaned little boy in South Africa...he is so cute masha'allah but they think he has HIV :( ...Im just about to renew it for second year insha'allah...waiting for update on his progress as well. I do it through Islamic Relief and I really recommend it to all brothers and sister....to the poster who said they are not sure if the money goes to the child - well if you do it through Islamic Relief or somewhere then you know they are good - plus your intention is there for it to be for the child...what someone else does with it ( or not) is not the reason for you not to give if you have no real reason to think the money isnt going to the child as you intend. Its only about £25 a month ( cheapest option) insha'allah....it may seem alot but if you think about how much money you spend in 1 month on eating out, mobile phone, clothes, books, extra bits and pieces you dont need - then its not that much really.

Wasalaams

p.s we shouldnt really talk about charity we do but in this instance I think its good to let others know that its easy and that good Islamic charities offer this so that others can do the same and promote it....insha'allah all brothers and sisters here do this...lots of kiddies need our help...theres lots of Orphans on the Islamic Relief website..the hardest part is choosing one! :(

palestine

Servant of Allah
Alhamdulillah me and my husband do, we sponser an orphaned little boy in South Africa...he is so cute masha'allah but they think he has HIV :( ...Im just about to renew it for second year insha'allah...waiting for update on his progress as well. I do it through Islamic Relief and I really recommend it to all brothers and sister....to the poster who said they are not sure if the money goes to the child - well if you do it through Islamic Relief or somewhere then you know they are good - plus your intention is there for it to be for the child...what someone else does with it ( or not) is not the reason for you not to give if you have no real reason to think the money isnt going to the child as you intend. Its only about £25 a month ( cheapest option) insha'allah....it may seem alot but if you think about how much money you spend in 1 month on eating out, mobile phone, clothes, books, extra bits and pieces you dont need - then its not that much really.

Wasalaams

p.s we shouldnt really talk about charity we do but in this instance I think its good to let others know that its easy and that good Islamic charities offer this so that others can do the same and promote it....insha'allah all brothers and sisters here do this...lots of kiddies need our help...theres lots of Orphans on the Islamic Relief website..the hardest part is choosing one! :(

a/a could u give me the islamic relief website pls. i just want to be thinking of them till i can someday help them in someway inshaAllah. asalamu alaykum:girl3:

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
NO WAY

nope, i dont trust those originations..
i support burnt children cas i was one of them and i KNOW where the money goes...
but to the others.. i would sponsor material goods, but never money...
what are starving children going to do with money? they never tell u what theyre going to use that money for.. so yea i dont support it..