Does Blood break the fast?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all of my brothers and sisters here at TTI are in good health and Iman! I hope your Ramadan fasting is easy for you inshallah!

Sometimes when the temperature is very hot my gums have a tendancy to bleed. I usually spit it out so as not to swallow it but I woke up with some blood in my mouth and when I spit there was alot of it. How can I be sure that I didnt swallow some while I was sleeping? If I swallow it does it break my fast? I need to know the answer asap with proof please if you are able to provide it!

Jazakallah khairan and may Allah reward you for helping me find the answer!
Im very worried about this!

wa salam

Killi_Feyzo

It has to do somethung with your niyah
If you did it on purpose so your fasting is broken
If you do Not swallow on purpose so your fasting is ok inshallah

I do Not have a Proof maybe the Otter Brothers and Sisters can help you

But i Mention One Statement of the prophet (SAS)
Where He says that your fast will Not Break if you had a pollution while you sleep

Or maybe you should ask an alim

Wa allahu alim

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Sister Isra,

I get bleeding in my mouth during the fast. This bleeding appears when I wake up from sleep and when I rinse my mouth at the time for prayer. If I rinse my mouth two or three times, the bleeding is reduced and becomes light red or sometimes yellow. How should I swallow my saliva? Please note that the bleeding may continue for a while. What is the ruling on swallowing the yellow stuff if there is no taste of blood? Please note that I have consulted a doctor and he prescribed some medicine for me but it did not help.

Praise be to Allaah.

If the situation is as you describe, and you try hard to get rid of the blood that accompanies the saliva, by rinsing your mouth and guarding against swallowing any of that, then whatever is left of slight yellow traces in the saliva does not affect you and your fast is valid, in sha Allah.

And Allah is the source of strength. May Allah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and Companions. End quote.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal al-Shaykh, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah – vol. 2, 9/210.

Source