Does Islam really say that martyrs will get 72 virgins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

islamdonlyway

:salam2:

Please give a brief explanation on the topic.

Thank You! :)

walikumsalam,

inshallah i found a hadith regarding the rewards and blessings of martyrs.

It was reported in the hadeeth of al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Karb that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

inshallah this hadith explains that they shell be rewarded by 72 virgins.

108EEDMAH

salam

the way i see it is, if ur fighting for those 72 virgions ur not really a martyr. ur a martyr if ur fighting for Allah and if u die ur reward is ..... The muslims never fought with the intention of dying. They fought to protect the muslims, if they died would they be able to protect the muslims if another war happened?? ppls priorities these days are soo messed up.

keeping in mind, ALLAH ONLY KNOWS and this is just my opinion

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Objectively tough,it is obvious that people do not fight for virgins,they usually fight for justice and to protect their families and their hourma, in the way of Allah swt.If it were for the virgins I know a lot of brothers who would shoot anybody at sight for a single virgin even, and the Muslim armies would be the biggest ones on earth for that purpose given the high celibacy rate in our communities .What is meant by that is that Muslims will get anything they wish in paradise and more of which they don't know like Allah swt says in the Quraan.The prophet salla llahu aleihi wassalaam being a commander and knowing the desert Arabs mentality very well,and that a women is the only source of smoothness at sight in a harsh and dry landscape for them,thus what they desired the most ,mentioned this detail to motivate them.Maybe some brother would give a better explanation with references.Wallahu Aalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:salam2:Objectively tough,it is obvious that people do not fight for virgins,they usually fight for justice and to protect their families and their hourma, in the way of Allah swt.If it were for the virgins I know a lot of brothers who would shoot anybody at sight for a single virgin even, and the Muslim armies would be the biggest ones on earth for that purpose given the high celibacy rate in our communities .What is meant by that is that Muslims will get anything they wish in paradise and more of which they don't know like Allah swt says in the Quraan.The prophet salla llahu aleihi wassalaam being a commander and knowing the desert Arabs mentality very well,and that a women is the only source of smoothness at sight in a harsh and dry landscape for them,thus what they desired the most ,mentioned this detail to motivate them.Maybe some brother would give a better explanation with references.Wallahu Aalam

Nice explanation brother, and it does make sense too, since in hot climates/intense weather, people have a stronger sexual desire. And also, there are situations when a person might LEAVE Jihad or his entire Deen just for the sake of a women or a beautiful wife of his-like the story of ibn Abdur Rahman (narration is Sahih from Ibn Qayyim RA), who apostated from Islam (The man was with an army of Muslims, who were about to take over a Roman city, which had a large fort around it. Then what happened, a "young and beautiful" (shaytan) women looked over at them from the top of the fort. He looked up and felt his Nafs attracted to her, and so he said, "how can I have you (as my wife and mate)" and so she replied that he MUST become Christian, and so he apostated and snuck into the fort later that day. He died many years later).

And also, during that time, polygmy was the norm, and so was immoral sexual actions, and so the 72 Hoors for the Shaheed and the 2 Hoors for a normal man was good enough to encourage men to marry ONLY up to 4 wives, etc.

And as for a Muslim sister, I remember this one Hadith, were Rasulallah (SAW) said:

"If a beleivin women is obediant and loyal to Allah (SWT), His Messener (SAW), and her husband (if he is just and righteous) will be 100x more beautiful than the Hoor al Ayn in Jannah."

alf2

Islam is a way of life
A Muslim friend told me that was an error in translating, and he would get 72 something dates.

What do female Martyrs get?

I'm sorry, but this whole thread creeps me out.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not creepy if take lust out of the equation. The error in thought is we think in physical terms. That which has been promised is not physical. ( I mean ...it will be eternal...)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

For a good summary on Jihad refer to the post below, click on Vol 1. and navigate to pg. 485 of the PDF document.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38547

Abu Musa (radhiyAllaahu anh) reported:

A bedouin came to the Prophet :saw: and said:

"O Messenger of Allah! One man fights for booty, another fights to win fame, and the third fights for show off."

Another narration is:

"One fights for displaying his valour, another fights out of his family pride."

Another narration is:

"One fights out of rage."

He asked:

"Which of them is fighting in the Cause of Allah?"

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said,

"The one who fights so that Word of Allah (Islam) be exalted, is the one who fights in the Cause of Allah."

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Commentary:

We learn from this hadith that one who fights for any wordly interest is not a Mujahid. Only he is a Mujahid who fights for the religion of Allah and to win His Pleasure alone.

(Riyaad-us-Saaliheen, Vol 2. The Book of Jihad)

Question

I have recently found out that it is not permissible to name a deceased person 'Marhum' or 'Shaheed' (martyr). What substitute name do you recommend people in journalism, the news, or anyone else for that matter to use?

Answer

Regarding the first term, 'Marhum': If it is used as information to describe the person, then it is not allowed because none knows if he has been shown mercy or not. But if it is intended as a supplication, then there is no harm in it.

Just as one man may say, "So-and-so, may Allah have mercy on him," or, "So-and-so, may Allah forgive him,..."

There is no harm in this.

As for the word Shaheed (martyr): Such usage affirms the rulings associated with the martyr for this person, and this is not allowed because bearing witness that a person is a martyr is an affirmation of the ruling that applies to the martyr - that he is one of the people of Paradise, as Allah Almighty said:

"And the martyrs with their Lord, they shall have their reward and their light."

(Qur'aan, al-Hadid, 19)

And His Saying:

"Think not of those who are killed in the way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision."

(Qur'aan, 3: 169)

This cannot be said about anyone without a text, or a consensus of the Muslims. Al-Bukhari, may Allah have mercy upon him, entitled one of his chapters, "It should not be said that so-and-so is a martyr."

Yet there are many forms of death a person may suffer in which the Shari'ah ruling is that they have died as a Shaheed. Then in these cases it may be said in a general way, since whoever dies in such circumstances is a martyr. and it is hoped that this man will be among the martyrs.

As for what has become popular in the news and the like with this title, that it is bestowed upon such persons whom it is certain are not even believers, yet he is honoured with the title of martyrdom, then it is incumbent upon people to be careful about what they say, be it a reporter or not, because they will be held accountable for everything they say. Allah Almighty says:

"Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it)."

(Qur'aan, 50: 18)

What we can say though, when someone dies in one of the ways a martyr dies, is that it is reported in a Hadith that whoever dies in this way is a martyr, so we hope him to be one of them. Thus not being attributing it with certainty about a specific person.

Ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah).

(Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 8, pg. 25-26)

There are many things to understand of Jihad by the hand or tongue and it is not as simple. Subhaan'Allaah our hearts change often so it can be a tricky position for a person; in terms of faith and intention.

Just to provide some info on:

Al Hoor al-‘Iyn

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) will marry the believers in Paradise to beautiful women who were not their wives in this world, as Allah, the All-Merciful says:

So (it will be), and we shall marry them to Houris (female fair ones) with wide, lovely eyes.

(Qur’aan, 44: 54)

Al-Hoor is the plural of hoora’, which is a woman the white parts of her eyes are intensely white and the black part is intensely black. Al-‘Iyn is the plural of ‘ayna. The ‘ayna’ is used for the woman whose eyes are wide.

The Qur’aan describes Al-Hoor a’Iyn as being full-breasted:

Verily, for the Muttaqûn, there will be a success (Paradise);

Gardens and grapeyards;

And young full-breasted (mature) maidens of equal age;

(Qur’aan, 78: 31-33)

Al-Hoor al’Iyn are creatures that Allah, has made specifically for Paradise, and has made them virgins:

Verily, we have created them (maidens) of special creation.

And made them virgins.

Loving (their husbands only), equal In age.

(Qur’aan, 56: 35-37)

The fact that they are virgins means that no one has ever married them
before:

...whom no man or jinn has touched before them.

(Qur’aan, 55: 56)

This refutes the idea that these wives that Allah will create for them in Paradise will be their wives from this life. The idea that the worldly wives will be made young again after old age had overtaken them while entering jannah is correct. Allah will admit the believing women to Paradise with their youth restored, but they are not Al-Hoor al-‘Iyn whom Allah has created in Paradise.

The Qur’aan also speaks of the beauty of the women in Paradise:

And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious),

Like unto preserved pearls.

(Qur’aan, 56: 22-23)

Maknoon (“preserved”) means hidden or protected, something whose
colour is not changed by exposure to sunlight, or by being tampered with.

Elsewhere the Qur’aan likens them to rubies and coral:

In them will be (maidens) restraining their glances, whom no man or jinn has touched before them, Then which of the favours of your Lord will you both (the jinn and man) deny? Like unto rubies and coral

(Qur’aan, 55: 56-58)

Rubies and coral are two beautiful precious stones. Al-Hoor are also described as restraining their gaze upon their husbands, i.e. they restrict their gaze and don’t let their eyes wander to others. Allah, the All-Merciful, All-High, has stated that Al-Hoor al-‘Iyn are very beautiful, and it is sufficient to know that this has been described by Allah (subhaanahu wa
ta’aala)

Therein (gardens) will be fair (wives) good and beautiful;

Then which of the Blessings of Your Lord will You both (jinns and men) deny?

Houris (beautiful, fair females) restrained in pavilions;

(Qur’aan, 55: 70-72)

The women of Paradise arenot like the women of this world: They are free of Al-Hayd (menstruation), An-Nifaas (postnatal bleeding), spittle, mucus, urine and stools. This is what is referred to in the aayah:

...And they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives) (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.), and they shall abide therein forever.

(Qur’aan, 2: 25)

The Prophet :saw: told us about the beauty of the wives of the people of Paradise. Bukhari and Muslim reported from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“The first group to enter Paradise will be as beautiful as the full moon. They will not spit or blow their noses or excrete. Their vessels will be of gold, their combs of gold and silver and their incense-burners of aloe-wood. Their sweat will be musk. Each of them will have two wives, the marrow of whose leg-bones will be visible through the flesh because of their extreme beauty.”

(Bukhari: Kitaab al-Khalq, Baab Maa ja’a fi sifat al-jannah, Fath al-Baari, 6/318; and Muslim: Kitaab al-Jannah wa sifat na’eem ahliha, Baab Awwal zumrah tadkhul al-jannah, 4/2178, hadith no. 2834)

Look at this beauty that the Prophet :saw: described. Can you find any comparison to it in the world that you know?

“If one of the women of Paradise were to look at the people of this world everything in between them would be lit up and filled with her fragrance. The veil on her head is better than this world and everything in it.”

(Bukhari: Kitaab al-Jihad, Baab wa zawwajnahum bi hoor al-‘iyn, Fath al-Baari, 6/15)

The smallest number of wives that any one man will have in Paradise is two: It is reported that the Shaheed (martyr) will have seventy-two wives from among Al-Hoor al-‘Iyn. Tirmidhi and Ibn Maajah reported with a saheeh isnaad from Al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’adeekarb that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“The shaheed will have seven honours from Allah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of his blood to be shed; he will be shown his position in Paradise; he will be protected from the punishment of the grave; he will be safe from the horrors of the Day of Judgement; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of Al-Hoor al-‘Iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

(Mishkaat al-Masabeeh, 3/358, hadith no. 3834)

(Paradise and Hell by Umar al-Ashqar)

May Allah have mercy on our souls.

My knowledge is limited. The road to mercy, forgiveness and Jannah is a difficult one, without doubt. And imagining Al-Hoor al'Iyn is impossible due the things of Jannah being incomprehensible. May Allah give us the strength and purify our intentions. Ameen.

Insha'Allaah, if I ever get the chance I will post the complete Paradise and Hell thread, one day.

Walaykum Salaam.

sakeranz

the 72 virgin is a myth

the hadith about it, is considered gharib or unreliable or even maudhu' (fake), the chain naration of the hadith is lost (no sanad)

as muslims, we should only look into hadits that have good sanad or sahih hadits
, and not believe in weak hadits or whatsoever

im 29 years old muslims since born, but me or my friends, family, etc never heard about this hadits before
since our Imam etc never mentioned it during their preach, probably because they aware this was a gharib hadith

and dont forget
the destruction of ummah, started when muslims consumes these kind of hadiths...

in Aceh, indonesia because of faked hadits, by a fake muslims, Ummah get divided and defeated....

and yet, about Jihad, motivation etc
in modern history, in 1945, indonesian Muslim declare "Jihad Resolution" to fight the british in Surabaya
and there were no "virgin" mentioned by the Imam, as to motivate muslims to raise arms against the British

and about the word houri or Hoor in quran, considered as female virgin

this is a good explaination by zakir naik

The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye.

The Quran describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).

“But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruit there from, they say: “Why, this is what we were fed with before”, for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever)”. [Al-Quran 2:25]

“But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening”. [Al-Quran 4:57]

Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

Allah know best

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Can you please point out- who from the Muhadditheen classified that hadeeth as "Mawdoo`"??? If you cannot, then you are better off not mentioning it, barakAllaahu feekum

Ibn Hajar rahimahullaah classified the hadeeth as Saheeh li-ghayrihi due to the other supporting narrations which have been narrated through different isnaads.

Majority of the scholars classify it as "Hasan", so saying it is Mawdoo` is a bit far off!

And just as a side note: Imaam at-Tirmidhi classified the hadeeth as Hasanun Saheehun Ghareeb and not just "Ghareeb"

the 72 virgin is a myth

the hadith about it, is considered gharib or unreliable or even maudhu' (fake), the chain naration of the hadith is lost (no sanad)

as muslims, we should only look into hadits that have good sanad or sahih hadits
, and not believe in weak hadits or whatsoever

im 29 years old muslims since born, but me or my friends, family, etc never heard about this hadits before
since our Imam etc never mentioned it during their preach, probably because they aware this was a gharib hadith

and dont forget
the destruction of ummah, started when muslims consumes these kind of hadiths...

in Aceh, indonesia because of faked hadits, by a fake muslims, Ummah get divided and defeated....

and yet, about Jihad, motivation etc
in modern history, in 1945, indonesian Muslim declare "Jihad Resolution" to fight the british in Surabaya
and there were no "virgin" mentioned by the Imam, as to motivate muslims to raise arms against the British

and about the word houri or Hoor in quran, considered as female virgin

this is a good explaination by zakir naik

Allah know best

sakeranz

^^
ahhhh yes im sory....
, it's me myself considered it as "nonconstructive" hadith, and not important hadith for my life, my jihad, or my faith
in term of Jihad because of Allah only, such hadits doesnt make senses.....

and i dont think, it's wrong, for muslims to believe such perspective, since even quran doesn't mention such thing

beside, in my region, where previously Hindus as majority

hadiths like "allah's foot in hell" , hadits like this not mentioned in quran and sound familiar with hindu story, when Shiva foot stepped on Rahwana and he "pray" to shiva

im glad the hadits,not mentioned in quran....but it's hadits by bukhari as tafsir of a surah

and sory im not "buying" it, and
im not a hadith rejecter, but im selecting hadits which is make sense and constructive for my faith....

im using this verse...

Surat Luqmān (31:6)

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُواً أُولَئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

And there is among the men such a one also , who buys "lahv al-hadith" so that he may lead the people astray from Allah's Way, without any knowledge, and make a mockery of the invitation to it. For such people there is a disgraceful torment.

The words lahv al-hadith in the Text imply such a thing as may allure and absorb a listener completely and make him heedless of everything else around him. Lexically, there is nothing derogatory in these words, but in custom and usage they apply to evil and useless and vain things, such as gossip, nonsensical talk, joking and jesting, legends and tales, singing and merry-making, etc.

but at the end still, ALLAH KNOWS BEST........

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
^^
ahhhh yes im sory....
, it's me myself considered it as "nonconstructive" hadith, and not important hadith for my life, my jihad, or my faith
in term of Jihad because of Allah only, such hadits doesnt make senses.....

and i dont think, it's wrong, for muslims to believe such perspective, since even quran doesn't mention such thing

beside, in my region, where previously Hindus as majority

hadiths like "allah's foot in hell" , hadits like this not mentioned in quran and sound familiar with hindu story, when Shiva foot stepped on Rahwana and he "pray" to shiva

im glad the hadits,not mentioned in quran....but it's hadits by bukhari as tafsir of a surah

and sory im not "buying" it, and
im not a hadith rejecter, but im selecting hadits which is make sense and constructive for my faith....

im using this verse...

The words lahv al-hadith in the Text imply such a thing as may allure and absorb a listener completely and make him heedless of everything else around him. Lexically, there is nothing derogatory in these words, but in custom and usage they apply to evil and useless and vain things, such as gossip, nonsensical talk, joking and jesting, legends and tales, singing and merry-making, etc.

but at the end still, ALLAH KNOWS BEST........

Brother, no offense but you show profound ignorance. So let me ask, is the deen based on the narrations "YOU" take and what you throw away? What if some hadeeth you take goes against some other muslim's desires? Is he free to throw them away? Or should he ask you for your interpretation in order to understand the deen?

So, basically your saying that we pick and choose that which suits our personal desires?

Have you studied about the preservation of hadeeth in the first place? Perhaps it will be a good idea to go study a basic book on how the ahadeeth of the Prophet :saw2: was preserved for 1400 years.

And just so that you know, there are numerous ayaat in the Qur'aan that talk about Hoor-ul-`Ayn, like:

وَحُورٌ عِينٌ . كَأَمْثَالِ اللُّؤْلُؤِ الْمَكْنُونِ

And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious), like unto preserved pearls. [Soorah al-Waaqiah: 23-24]

sakeranz

Brother, no offense but you show profound ignorance. So let me ask, is the deen based on the narrations "YOU" take and what you throw away? What if some hadeeth you take goes against some other muslim's desires? Is he free to throw them away? Or should he ask you for your interpretation in order to understand the deen?

So, basically your saying that we pick and choose that which suits our personal desires?

Have you studied about the preservation of hadeeth in the first place? Perhaps it will be a good idea to go study a basic book on how the ahadeeth of the Prophet :saw2: was preserved for 1400 years.

And just so that you know, there are numerous ayaat in the Qur'aan that talk about Hoor-ul-`Ayn, like:

وَحُورٌ عِينٌ . كَأَمْثَالِ اللُّؤْلُؤِ الْمَكْنُونِ

And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious), like unto preserved pearls. [Soorah al-Waaqiah: 23-24]

on bold
correct, selecting hadith it's done by previous generation, even the best leader mention by Rasullulah

Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!

it was Sultan Mehmed II, who conquered Constantinople, just like the prophercy but later this known Sultan, ask himself to be painted?

did he didnt know the hadith painting living creature, haram?

or even
this :tti_sister:, is it haram in islam?

The Islamic medical science would'nt be so advance by that time, if those scholar forbid themself to paint human anatomy both men and women...

yet they still paint them....did they selecting hadith/ijtihad?

yes they were....and what basis they select hadith/ijtihad?

of course the hadith that not against the quran or even mentioned in quran, and constructive to their faith and life
yet Allah grant the best knowledge for them and for islamic society...
and also
we can learn the fall of andalusia as well....by whom? which type of muslims?
hadith selecter/ijtihad'ers or those who forbid ijtihad?

for me, i choose to follow them, selecting hadith that construct my faith, jihad, and life as long as quran mention it, i'll follow the hadith....and if there is strange hadith, my ijtihad is the key...

and about hoor
Dr Zakir Naik have mention the root word, as my previous post....you can email him if you have other thought....

Allah Know Best

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.

Please give a brief explanation on the topic.

Thank You! :)

Let me ask you this. does Qur'an actually say anything about 72 virgin? no , it doesn't , Not a single verse from Qur'an says anything about 72 virgins
I feel pitty for people who think that they are gonna get 72 virgins by blowing up people.. and even more pitty for people who sit there and say **** to Muslims and that they wanna blow them self up for 72 virgins.. suicide is haram in Islam and so is killing innocent humans.

to answer your question.. no it doesn't say anything abt 72 virgins..but it does say about hoorains which are female they are beautiful and no man has ever seen any like them they are more beautiful than any beauty combine in this world and no man or jinn(deamon) has ever touched them.

Neither Quran nor Prophet Mohammad SAW said a single word about 72 virgins. I believe It is propagated by Israelies and western press just to defame Muslims and to look them bad.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
on bold
correct, selecting hadith it's done by previous generation, even the best leader mention by Rasullulah

it was Sultan Mehmed II, who conquered Constantinople, just like the prophercy but later this known Sultan, ask himself to be painted?

did he didnt know the hadith painting living creature, haram?

or even
this :tti_sister:, is it haram in islam?

The Islamic medical science would'nt be so advance by that time, if those scholar forbid themself to paint human anatomy both men and women...

yet they still paint them....did they selecting hadith/ijtihad?

yes they were....and what basis they select hadith/ijtihad?

of course the hadith that not against the quran or even mentioned in quran, and constructive to their faith and life
yet Allah grant the best knowledge for them and for islamic society...
and also
we can learn the fall of andalusia as well....by whom? which type of muslims?
hadith selecter/ijtihad'ers or those who forbid ijtihad?

for me, i choose to follow them, selecting hadith that construct my faith, jihad, and life as long as quran mention it, i'll follow the hadith....and if there is strange hadith, my ijtihad is the key...

and about hoor
Dr Zakir Naik have mention the root word, as my previous post....you can email him if you have other thought....

Allah Know Best

I don't understand anything what you said about Sultan Muhammad. And what Sultan Muhammad did is not necessarily an evidence to rulings in Islaam. (And I am unaware of what he did in the first place)....

And finally, I find it pretty hilarious that you have the keys to ijtihaad, it made me laugh.
So, everyone has the right to do ijtihaad and pick and choose what they want from the authentic narrations of the Prophet :saw2:- Yup your in your own little world! So, the deen is all based on your ijtihaad? And anyone who follows other than "YOUR" ijtihaad is doomed to destruction as you said and I quote: "the destruction of ummah, started when muslims consumes these kind of hadiths...". Thus, according to you, anyone who follows a hadeeth that is against "your ijtihaad" is doomed to destruction? If yes, then I never came across so much ignorance before.

A request to the moderators: Please close this thread, and ban this user, or at the least warn him to keep his "ijtihaad" to himself. BarakAllaahu feekum.

And to everyone else who is speaking about this topic without knowledge, then please keep away from such topics if you don't know about the issue. As I pointed it, the hadeeth was narrated by Imaam at-Tirmidhi in his Sunan. Also it was narrated in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad. The scholars of hadeeth have authenticated the narrations relating to the 72 virgins.

As for what Zakir Naik said, then one needs to bring evidence from the Qur'aan and Sunnah that it applies to both men and women. The evidences in the sunnah indicate that a man has Hoors, not the other way around. And he needs to bring the opinion of the scholars before him, as it cannot be the case that after 1400 years he comes up with an opinion that is correct and all these years the ummah was upon misguidance relating to this specific issue.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.