Does It Obligatery to Provide House or can stay with husband parents?

sajjuaiah

As-salaaam Alaikum,

Brothers and sisters my friend asking the below question.

is it obligatery for the husband to proviede a house for his wife or he can make his wife live with his parents?

Jazakmullah Hu-khairan.

believer`s tear

alsalaam alikum.
One of the women`s rights is to have her own house. But if the man can`t afford it and his wife wouldn`t mind to live with his family ,so there is no problem then.

abu'muhammad

:salam2:

The wife has the right to live in separate accommodation with her husband and children, and not to share it with anyone, whether it is a father, a mother or a relative.
This is the view of most of the Hanafi, Shaafa’i and Hanbali fuqaha’. She also has the right to refuse to live with his father, mother and siblings.

Al-Kaasaani said in Badaa’i al-Sanaa’i (4/24): If the husband wants to make her live with her co-wife or in-laws, such as the husband’s mother or sister or daughter from another wife or his relatives, and she refuses to do so, then he has to accommodate her in a separate house, because they may annoy her or harm her if they live together, and her refusal is an indication that she is being bothered or harmed. And because he needs to be able to have intercourse with her or be intimate with her at any time, and that cannot be done if there is a third person living with them.

End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah favoured the view that if the husband is poor or unable to provide separate accommodation for his wife, she does not have the right to ask for something he is unable to give. This was narrated from him in Mataalib Ooli al-Nuha (5/122). Rather she should bear it with patience until Allaah gives him the means.

To sum up, separate accommodation is the wife’s right, even if she did not stipulate it in the marriage contract, and she has the right to ask for it now, and she is not regarded as being wilfully defiant because of that. The commonly held view among some people, that this is creating division among siblings, is not true, because this is a shar’i right of the wife, and it serves the interests of both spouses, because it prevents free mixing and guards them against looking at things that are not permissible. It is unfortunate that in many shared family homes, a man may look at his brother’s wife, and they may shake hands or be alone together, which may lead to jealousy, envy, disputes and separation. There may also be arguments because of the children. Undoubtedly a man is a stranger (non-mahram) to his brother’s wife, so it is not permissible for him to shake hands with her or be alone with her or look at her, unless he is a mahram to her through some other means, such as breastfeeding.

The one who looks at shared family homes will be certain of the wisdom of what the scholars have said, that a wife should have her own home, because in many of these homes there are problems and differences between the spouses and between a man and his brother, and between the wife and her husband’s mother, and so on, as well as the many evils and things that go against Islam.

:wasalam:

source :Islamqa.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
As-salaaam Alaikum,

Brothers and sisters my friend asking the below question.

is it obligatery for the husband to proviede a house for his wife or he can make his wife live with his parents?

Jazakmullah Hu-khairan.

It's her right to have her own house unless she agrees to live with your parents

aDREAMdeferred

:salam2:

can someone please provide me with strong evidence about this right that the wife has to ask for separate accommodations?

jazakAllah khair

:wasalam: