Question: Dog's touch!

assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters, i want to know what happens if i touch dry dog. cuz some people said if the dog is dry it has got no problem. plz tell me about it

assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters, i want to know what happens if i touch dry dog. cuz some people said if the dog is dry it has got no problem. plz tell me about it
Wa alaikom asalam :)

May Allah reward you for your care.

The answer I'd say lays within the details, such as the nature of the dog to the person who touched it. Most dog related cases in Islam just lead to keep both the place you live and the place you pray clear from presence of Dogs, and if you happen to touch a dog for any reason, you must renew your ablution before praying or performing most acts of worship.

If there any other specifics in this matter you would like to share, please do Jazaka Allahu Khairan.

Wa alaikom asalam :)

May Allah reward you for your care.

The answer I'd say lays within the details, such as the nature of the dog to the person who touched it. Most dog related cases in Islam just lead to keep both the place you live and the place you pray clear from presence of Dogs, and if you happen to touch a dog for any reason, you must renew your ablution before praying or performing most acts of worship.

If there any other specifics in this matter you would like to share, please do Jazaka Allahu Khairan.
jazakallah for your answer but i meant do i hv to wash the part which the dog touched seven times if the dog was not wet?

jazakallah for your answer but i meant do i hv to wash the part which the dog touched seven times if the dog was not wet?

Jazaka Allah akhi, yeah I'd say wash, according to good number of official statements by reputable people of knowledge you wash seven times the place in the body in the event of touching a dog.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Most dog related cases in Islam just lead to keep both the place you live and the place you pray clear from presence of Dogs, and if you happen to touch a dog for any reason, you must renew your ablution before praying or performing most acts of worship.

Can you post your sources? Making such statements without proof can be misleading.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Praise be to Allaah.

Touching dogs or their saliva does not nullify wudoo’ because if tahaarah is done according to the rules of sharee’ah, nothing can nullify it except things for which there is evidence in sharee’ah. There is no such evidence that touching dogs or their saliva have this effect. It was not mentioned by the scholars among the things that nullify wudoo’.

Ibn Qudaamah mentioned in al-Mughni (1/264) things that nullify wudoo’, and he did not mention touching dogs or their saliva. Then he said: “These are all the things that nullify tahaarah, and it cannot be nullified by anything else according to the view of the majority of scholars…”

But there is no doubt that dogs’ saliva is very dirty and extremely naajis (impure), and it can only be removed by washing seven times, one of them with earth. There is a difference between this and something which nullifies tahaarah.

And Allaah knows best.

Praise be to Allaah.

Touching dogs or their saliva does not nullify wudoo’ because if tahaarah is done according to the rules of sharee’ah, nothing can nullify it except things for which there is evidence in sharee’ah. There is no such evidence that touching dogs or their saliva have this effect. It was not mentioned by the scholars among the things that nullify wudoo’.

Ibn Qudaamah mentioned in al-Mughni (1/264) things that nullify wudoo’, and he did not mention touching dogs or their saliva. Then he said: “These are all the things that nullify tahaarah, and it cannot be nullified by anything else according to the view of the majority of scholars…”

But there is no doubt that dogs’ saliva is very dirty and extremely naajis (impure), and it can only be removed by washing seven times, one of them with earth. There is a difference between this and something which nullifies tahaarah.

And Allaah knows best.

Yup, my bad. It's something I was taught I guess to renew ablution if touched a dog, sounded legit just like some other misconceptions in sharia. Thanks for clarifying my mess up :)