Question: dream interpretation

muslimah_05

Asalam-oAlaikum to all my brothers and sisters,

can anyone of you interpret dreams according to islamic knowledge ?
i am facing a lot of problems in my family and this will be a great help.
please reply here or inbox me.

jazakAllah.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikumassalaam wa re wa barakatuhu.

I doubt there would be any one on the forum to answer on interpreting dreams sister. It a risky work. And nobody wants to answer what they know not of.

But my 2 cents would be - If the dream is true, meaningful, and from Allah SWT, you will find its meaning on its own. Things will fall into place, and some day InshaaAllah it would make sense to you as to why the dream came to you. Only you will be able to discern it. But, if you can find genuine help in interpreting dreams SubhaanAllah, that would be very nice.

Peace

muslimah_05

Walaikumassalaam wa re wa barakatuhu.

I doubt there would be any one on the forum to answer on interpreting dreams sister. It a risky work. And nobody wants to answer what they know not of.

But my 2 cents would be - If the dream is true, meaningful, and from Allah SWT, you will find its meaning on its own. Things will fall into place, and some day InshaaAllah it would make sense to you as to why the dream came to you. Only you will be able to discern it. But, if you can find genuine help in interpreting dreams SubhaanAllah, that would be very nice.

Peace
thanks a lot sister for your answer, i hope it is from Allah SWT and it comes true soon. <3 .
the thing is these days i am having issues with my parents regarding my marriage, they want me to marry a cousin, just because he is family, and i dislike because of genuine reasons.
my dream was exactly the same as i want things to go and my mum was happy with it too. i had this dream in the morning around 6.00.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
thanks a lot sister for your answer, i hope it is from Allah SWT and it comes true soon. <3 .
the thing is these days i am having issues with my parents regarding my marriage, they want me to marry a cousin, just because he is family, and i dislike because of genuine reasons.
my dream was exactly the same as i want things to go and my mum was happy with it too. i had this dream in the morning around 6.00.

Assalaamualaikum.

Ahhh.. I am basically a Brother. Well, Family pressure for marriage? Guess, it is time for sisters to jump in and help you.
Regarding the dream, found this hadith from Bukhari:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Another one:

“Narrated Abu Qatāda (RA): The Prophet (PBUH) said, ‘A true good dream is from Allah and a bad dream is from Shaitan (i.e. the devil).”
(Hadith No. 6984, Book of Interpretation of Dreams, Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 9).

Peace.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Asalam-oAlaikum to all my brothers and sisters,

can anyone of you interpret dreams according to islamic knowledge ?
i am facing a lot of problems in my family and this will be a great help.
please reply here or inbox me.

jazakAllah.
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

Are you a Sufi by any chance?

muslimah_05

Assalaamualaikum.

Ahhh.. I am basically a Brother. Well, Family pressure for marriage? Guess, it is time for sisters to jump in and help you.
Regarding the dream, found this hadith from Bukhari:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Another one:

“Narrated Abu Qatāda (RA): The Prophet (PBUH) said, ‘A true good dream is from Allah and a bad dream is from Shaitan (i.e. the devil).”
(Hadith No. 6984, Book of Interpretation of Dreams, Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 9).

Peace.

thanks a lot brother,. this hadith has made my eman strong again, Alhamdulillah. Allah pak is listening to my duas. obviousley HE SWT is the only one who knows my intentions.
this dream made me happy and blessed, i thank Allah SWT after i woke up,. insha Allah HE will answer to my duas.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Sister, we don't really have anyone here who's knowledgeable in the field of dream interpretation - this is actually a very risky business as the brother above has already stated. For example, if somebody has a dream interpreted, then no matter what meaning the dream originally had, it takes on the interpretation made regarding it. So its best to leave these things alone and trust in Allah.

SubhanAllah, if it was a good dream that made you happy, then take comfort and strength from that. Try and patiently reason with your family to explain to them why you would not want to marry your cousin. Parents want the best for us, but maybe your viewpoints are different and need to be communicated.

muslimah_05

Sister, we don't really have anyone here who's knowledgeable in the field of dream interpretation - this is actually a very risky business as the brother above has already stated. For example, if somebody has a dream interpreted, then no matter what meaning the dream originally had, it takes on the interpretation made regarding it. So its best to leave these things alone and trust in Allah.

SubhanAllah, if it was a good dream that made you happy, then take comfort and strength from that. Try and patiently reason with your family to explain to them why you would not want to marry your cousin. Parents want the best for us, but maybe your viewpoints are different and need to be communicated.

walaikum Assalam,
thanks a lot sister, i feel blessed for having a page to express my feelings. yes, Allah knows the best. i trust HIM SWT. so what if at the moment it is difficult to convince my mother, but Allah loves me more then 70 mothers. insha Allah things will get better.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Be patient and hang in there, dear. Eventually you will only marry the person who is in your Qadr. The rest of the drama that goes on in our lives regarding this issue is just a sideshow.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

The rest of the drama that goes on in our lives regarding this issue is just a sideshow.

But boy do you grow stronger? Character building, gotta go for the good in everything :)

muslimah_05

Be patient and hang in there, dear. Eventually you will only marry the person who is in your Qadr. The rest of the drama that goes on in our lives regarding this issue is just a sideshow.

walaikum Assalam sister, yes. i too believe in this. so at the moment all i can do is dua, and effort to convince them.:( without being rude and hurt them. duas needed.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
But boy do you grow stronger? Character building, gotta go for the good in everything :)

I suppose you do become impervious to it all at some point, and you start realizing there's nothing to really be frightened of as things progress (or don't), and that only Qadr is unfolding. You start looking at it as an ongoing circus, to be honest. Sigh..

Mahzala

@Tabassum07, if it is destiny, it will happen, no matter what, no matter the circus, no matter the ups and downs. And the same, even if it is not. But what makes that experience different is how much our hearts are dependent on the matter, how much we let it define our happiness, and how much we set our focus on it. The strength comes when it is a circus and you come out of it feeling slightly unmoved and not shattered entirely. And if you're shattered, you've not understood it as the means to your end, rather you've set your heart on something which was never yours to begin with, you invested all your happiness in it, all your hopes, thinking life was beginning there ... but it wasn't. That was just another tool, another thing to toy with you. And yet, when it doesn't happen and you can safely say, without a knot in your throat, that Allah is sufficient for me, then that is strength. And if it does happen, sometimes even against our wishes and our ideals, our response should still be one to embrace it, as that too is from Allah, even the circus, even the drama. And when you come out of it, you can only say and conclude that everything happens for a reason.

@muslimah_05, sister, culturally these things are hard, conservative upbringings do not allow us this right, even if we have grown up in very understanding families, your own values will not let you approach your parents in a manner to disagree with them. But remember, Islam has given you this right, and there is no right stronger than this one. Use it, Allah has given you this opportunity, this mind to make your reasoning and justify it. May your affairs be set straight in accordance with your khair and His pleasure :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

MashaAllah, your post is full of wisdom, Mahzala. I had to read it extra slow to get the entire meaning of it, and JazakAllahu Khayr, for that. The moral of the story is that one should just accept whatever comes their way, because in the long run you realize its easier to do so, and makes for a more peaceful life. A life where one tries to rebel against qadr is one bereft of meaning and satisfaction.

Mahzala

A life where one tries to rebel against qadr is one bereft of meaning and satisfaction.

So beautifully said, and rightly so. That should be in the Words of Wisdom thread, with a Tabassum label on it ;)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I just summarized what you had originally said. If anything, your post above needs to go in the "wisdom" thread, with credit going to Mahzu of course.

Seeking Peace

Walaikum Salam Wr Wb Sister..

sorry to break into your conversation..but i had to say that looking at the bigger picture the lesson i've learnt is that life around you actually is a drama and circus..what matters is your connection with Allah S.W.T and the strength of it...rest is irrelevant...

W'S..

Mahzala

... life around you actually is a drama and circus..what matters is your connection with Allah S.W.T and the strength of it...rest is irrelevant...

Precisely my point. Things will happen around you, people will come and go, your emotions will change, your state of happiness, your dependancies, your priorities, your social circles, they will all change. Nothing is constant, save Allah. And so true attachment and dependency lies with Him. And even though the rest may not necessarily be irrelevant, the irrelevant does become relevant and worthy and purposeful when one is able to distinguish between worldly connections and attachments and the one and only eternal attachment that our existence should really depend on, the one we should yearn for and seek.