Dua + Destiny - Here is the answer!

Precious Star

"Know that your appointed share will not be lost to you because you give up chasing after it, just as you will never get what is not your share, for all your greedy seeking, effort and exertion. Be patient, therefore, and resign yourself to accepting your present situation."

From the book: Revelations of the Unseen by Sh. Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jilani.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:

Jazakallah khair for posting this. Funny thing is that this answers the exact question I had today. It helps to know that you don't have to go crazy trying to achieve something; if it's meant for you, it'll find it's way to you. And frankly, I don't have enough energy sometimes.

Barakallahu feeki again

Precious Star

Jazakallah khair for posting this. Funny thing is that this answers the exact question I had today. It helps to know that you don't have to go crazy trying to achieve something; if it's meant for you, it'll find it's way to you. And frankly, I don't have enough energy sometimes.

Barakallahu feeki again

its true, sister. But at the same time, it is a little bit sad....

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Absolutely.

But the key here is that keeping this as our train of thought will make our lives alot easier. Without the pressure of thinking there's something more we could do for ourselves, we can just focus on being better Muslims and ask Allah to give us patience throughout it all. No what ifs or losing our minds, thinking we would have reached our goals had we acted or performed differently. Knowing that it will happen if it's meant for us takes a load off our shoulders as well as any feelings of guilt and self-hatred.

As long as we keep this at the forefront of our minds.

esperanza

revert of many years
Absolutely.

But the key here is that keeping this as our train of thought will make our lives alot easier. Without the pressure of thinking there's something more we could do for ourselves, we can just focus on being better Muslims and ask Allah to give us patience throughout it all. No what ifs or losing our minds, thinking we would have reached our goals had we acted or performed differently. Knowing that it will happen if it's meant for us takes a load off our shoulders as well as any feelings of guilt and self-hatred.

As long as we keep this at the forefront of our minds.

yes very true sister

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
"Know that your appointed share will not be lost to you because you give up chasing after it, just as you will never get what is not your share, for all your greedy seeking, effort and exertion. Be patient, therefore, and resign yourself to accepting your present situation."

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Jazakallah khair X a hundred million times ukht! I really needed it.

Ahsen

Have u read this whole book?Is it a good book?Because i am a bit cautious about sufis.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender

With all due respect, I would like to take the opposite view. If the Egyptian people wouldn't stand up against the brutal regime of Hosne Mubarak, they would not enjoy life without his rule now. If Afghans hadn't fought against Russian occupation, they would be an occupied nation now. If one does not prepare for exam, failure would be a certainty.

And above all, the following verse from the Quran clears it all:

"For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah . Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron." 13:11

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

They can both be applied. While I person is undergoing the changes they have to be patient. My brother will knowledge wrote some words to that effect:

So the question is how can we get closer to Him? That is what a good Muslim strives to be. It starts with a clean heart filled with faith and certitude about God. Then that faith is put in practice by the rituals and the good deeds. Then that faith is put to the test by enduring hardship and gratitude for bounty.

(don't you wish we could have such faith to simplify our lives)