Dua for Breaking the Fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

If you havent memorized yet you should insha'Allah =) and share it with others...

ramadandua.jpg

wasalam

munawarah

assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

jazakallah for the dua, i usually pray this one when i break my fast:

allahumma laka somto wa alaa rizqika aftarto

translation: 'O Allah! I have fasted for you, and with the sustenance given by you i break my fast.
(Abu Dawood)

wassalaam

samiha

---------
Staff member
assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

jazakallah for the dua, i usually pray this one when i break my fast:

allahumma laka somto wa alaa rizqika aftarto

translation: 'O Allah! I have fasted for you, and with the sustenance given by you i break my fast.
(abu dawood)

wassalaam

wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu

You should not read this dua, it is da'eef - it is better to stick with what is authentic rather then go into those narrations insha'Allah.

`Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say when breaking his fast: "Dhahaba al-zama' wa abtalat al-'urooq wa thabata al-ajr in sha Allaah (Thirst is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is certain if Allaah wills)." Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2357; al-Daaraqutni, 25. Ibn Hajar said in al-Talkhees al-Habeer (2/202): al-Daaraqutni said, its isnaad is saheeh.

The du`aa' "Allaahumma laka sumtu wa `ala rizqika aftartu (O Allaah, for You have I fasted and by Your provision I have broken my fast)" was narrated by Abu Dawood, 2358. It is a mursal hadeeth so it is da`eef (weak) . Al-Albaani classed it as da`eef in ben dawwad (510)

wasalam

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The weakness in the hadeeth for a well knownDua for breaking the fast.

Shaykh Ali Reda (may Allah preserve him)

Shaykh Ali Reda (may Allah bless him) said,” A brother from Qatar called me then sent the question through the web.

He asked me about the hadeeth, “ Whenever the Prophet (peace blessings be upon him) broke fast he would say:

” The thirst is gone and the veins are moistened and the reward is certain inshallah.”

He said,” some of the scholars have graded it as being Hasan, and among them are Shaykh Al-Albani.

However he had doubt about this isnad. In this chain there was a narrator that no one acknowledged as being trustworthy other than Ibn Hibban. Moreover only two narrators narrated on him. Therefore this narrator is –Majhoul Hal.

I (shaykh Ali Reda ) answered him by saying,” With Allah is the success. Yes, Shaykh Al-Albani (may Allah rest him in Jannah) graded it as being Hasan in Irwa Al-Ghalil #920. And he mentioned that Ad-Daruqutnee graded it as being Hasan to.

Al-Albani held the isnad of this hadeeth as being Hasan. And Al-Hakim’s grading of the hadeeth as being Saheeh is what supported the narrator,who was Majhoul Al-Hal. The Majhoul Hal narrator is Marwan ibn Salim Al-Muqqafi’.

Shaykh Al-Albani’s speech is strong and in fact Ibn Hajr agreed with Ad-Daruqutnee’s view of the hadeeth being Hasan [ refer to Talkees Al-Habeer 2/202] Ibn Hajr didn’t mention a single comment about this hadeeth.

Nonetheless in conformity with the science of hadeeth and according to his own terminology, Ibn Hajr said that “ Muqqafi’ is Maqbul “ in other words if his narrations agree with others . Otherwise he is Layyenul Hadeeth.” [ At-Taqreeb page 81]

After researching for another narrator whose narration agrees with Muqqafi’ I came to the conclusion that the Isnad is Layyen and not Hasan.I looked in other books which Shaykh Al-Albani didn’t mention. Books like Targheeb At-Tarheeb by Al-Asbaahanee, Sharus Sunah by Al-Bagawee and others. In the end I didn’t find anyone who shared in the narration or narrator with Muqqafi’.

Imam Al-mizzee mentioned this hadeeth by way of ibn Munthu. He commented at the end of the hadeeth “ This hadeeth is ghareeb. We only recorded it from Hussain ibn Waqid.” Hussain narrated this hadeeth from Al-Muqqafi’. This only supports a second narrator on Muqqafi’, but not a different narrator.

http://www.albaidha.net/vb/showthread.php?t=158

Status
Not open for further replies.