Duas for the deceased please

Maha*

Asalamu alaikum, can you please give me duas to say when a person dies. My grandpa passed away just a while ago (may Allah grant him Firdous), and I'm in no mood to search so I'd be grateful for anyone who could do my homework for me. Lengthy ones would be very great. JazkAllah khairan.

Also if you could take a minute to make dua for him.

Almaas

Wa'alaykumasalaam.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Oh sister, it's so sad to hear that. I'll make dua for him InshAllah, and for you and your family.

Here is what I came across, I hope it'll InshAllah be of benefit.

When the soul has left the body recite:

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِفُلَانِ وَارْفَعْ دَرَجَتَهُ فِي الْمَهْدِيِّينَ وَاخْلُفْهُ فِي عَقِبِهِ فِي الْغَابِرِينَ وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلَهُ يَا رَبَّ الْعَالَمِينَ وَأَفْسِحْ لَهُ فِي قَبْرِهِ وَنَوِّرْ لَهُ فِيهِ

"O Allah, forgive (name of the dead person). Make him among the guided ones, raise his status and be his deputy among the grieving. O Lord of the two worlds, forgive us and him and make his grave wide and full of light". Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) recited this dua after the death of Abu Salama (R.A.) after closing his eyes.

(Mishkat from Muslim)
When recited for another Muslim then in place of فُلَانُ mention the name of the dead person and before the name add a "Laam" with a "Kasrah (Zer)"

What is the ruling on reciting al-Faatihah and giving the reward for it to the deceased?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no evidence (daleel) for reciting al-Faatihah or any other part of the Qur’aan and giving (the reward for) it to the deceased. We must not do that, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did any such thing. It is prescribed to make du’aa’ for the dead Muslims and to give charity on their behalf by giving to the poor and needy. In this way a person may draw closer to Allaah and ask Him to give the reward for that to his father, mother or other people, deceased or alive. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man dies, all his deeds come to a halt apart from three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah), beneficial knowledge or a righteous child who will pray for him.”

And it was reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and she did not make a will. I think that if she had spoken she would have given in charity. Will she be rewarded if I give in charity on her behalf?” He said, “Yes.” (Saheeh – agreed upon)

The same applies to Hajj and ‘umrah on behalf of the deceased and paying off his debts. All of these actions will benefit him, as was narrated in the shar’i daleel (evidence). But if the questioner is referring to treating the family of the deceased person kindly by giving them money or meat (i.e., food), there is nothing wrong with that if they are poor.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 9, p. 324

DanyalSAC

Asalamu alaikum, can you please give me duas to say when a person dies. My grandpa passed away just a while ago (may Allah grant him Firdous), and I'm in no mood to search so I'd be grateful for anyone who could do my homework for me. Lengthy ones would be very great. JazkAllah khairan.

Wa alaikum salaam -

I am sorry to hear about your loss...

"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, Who say, when afflicted with calamity: 'To God We belong, and to Him is our return'" - (expl. meaning of Qur'an 2 155, 156)

I do not know what Firdous is, all I know in Islam is Jennah.

Almaas

I do not know what Firdous is, all I know in Islam is Jennah.

It's the highest level of Jannah.

Jannat al-Firdous: Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {"Verily! Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous deeds, shall have the Gardens of Al-Firdaus (the Paradise) for their entertainment.} [18:107]

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 519

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle offers prayers perfectly and fasts (the month of) Ramadan then it is incumbent upon Allah to admit him into Paradise, whether he emigrates for Allah's cause or stays in the land where he was born." They (the companions of the Prophet) said, "O Allah's Apostle! Should we not inform the people of that?" He said, "There are one-hundred degrees in Paradise which Allah has prepared for those who carry on Jihad in His Cause. The distance between every two degrees is like the distance between the sky and the Earth, so if you ask Allah for anything, ask Him for the Firdaus, for it is the last part of Paradise and the highest part of Paradise, and at its top there is the Throne of Beneficent, and from it gush forth the rivers of Paradise."

hana*

inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

im sorry for your loss Maha, may Allah give you and your family the strength and patience to forbear.

The best you can do for the deceased is reading Quran for them, in particular surah Yaseen.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

My condolences on your loss. The loss of a love one is never easy and time doesn't heal, it just causes the wound to hurt less. The finite mind can't comprehend the infinite. Mankind doesn't know the reasons for the acts and timing of Allah. We do know that Allah's Will is best. I am sorry for your pain.

banonnaz

Abu Hurairah reported, "The Prophet (saws) said, 'When a person dies all his good deeds cease except for three:
  1. a continuous act of charity (which the deceased did in his lifetime),
  2. beneficial knowledge (which the deceased left behind),
  3. and a righteous son (children) who prays for him'.''
Related by Muslim and Abu Dawood.

Abu Hurairah reported, "The Prophet (saws) said, 'The righteous works that continue to benefit a believer after his death include the knowledge that he taught and spread among others, a righteous son (children) whom he leaves behind, or a copy of the Qur'an that he bequeaths to his inheritors, or a mosque that he builds, or a rest house that he builds for the wayfarers, or a canal of water that he digs for the benefit of others, or a charity that he gives out of his property during his life while he is sound of health. He will continue to receive reward for all these .

banonnaz

Why not? When our parents invest in us by taking care of us, educating & settling us, they deserve to be rewarded in the form of such a simple thing as prayer, two rakat nafil begging Allah to protect them in the grave & grant them place in the paradise is all that we can do. Anyways, out of the three things that can help the dead, the first one is the children & their good deeds that go in favour of those who gave birth to them. Lets do that for them, please & plead Allah to have mercy on them.

sultanb

And [there is a share for] those who came after them, saying, "Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment toward those who have believed. Our Lord, indeed You are Kind and Merciful." 59.10

Nazleen

To Allah, we belong and to Him we return. Inna lilahee wa inna ilayhee rajoun! I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother’s death. I can tell you were really close to your grandmother, and it must really hurt now that she’s gone. Big hug!

I want you, though, to take a good look at the pictures below. Aren't they beautiful?

Just in case you were wondering those are pictures of the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.

Now, I want you to think about how beautiful jannah is. We can’t even begin to imagine it. Jannah was designed by God for those He loves the most. InshaAllah your grandmother has started her journey to that place which is a million times more beautiful than those pictures…inshaAllah her grave is a garden of paradise :)

Does that mean you can’t grieve? No, it doesn’t. When Prophet Mohammed’s son, Ibrahim, died, the Prophet (sallah Allaha alayhee wa salaam) said:
]The Eyes Tear, the heart is in pain, but (with my tongue) I will only say that which is pleasing to Allah. And we are indeed sad at your departure, O Ibraheem.

But it is important to be patient and to remember that we were all brought here temporarily. No one is going to live forever. It’s not how long that we lives that matters. It’s the quality of our lives and whether or not we will be granted jannah that ultimately are important

In a hadith qudsi, Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
My faithful servant's reward from Me, if I have taken to Me his best friend from amongst the inhabitants of the world and he has then borne it patiently for My sake, shall be nothing less than Paradise. It was related by al-Bukhari.​
The Qur'an also says:
And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, (155)Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return." (156) Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided.​

The prophet summed up to us the things that we can do for the deceased in one really important hadith. He said:
“When a person dies, all his good deeds come to an end except three:
[a]ongoing charity[
or beneficial knowledge[/COLOR],
[c]or a righteous child who will pray for him.

[*]O Allah, surely [name the person] is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Allaahumma 'inna [name the person] fee thimmatika, wa habli jiwaarika, faqihi min fitnatil-qabri wa 'athaabin-naari, wa 'Anta 'ahlul-wafaa'i walhaqqi. Faghfir lahu warhaw.hu 'innaka 'Antal-Ghafoorur-Raheem.

[
[*]O Allah, forgive him and have mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrance to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail. Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains.

[*]O Allah, Your male slave/female slave and the child of Your female slave is in need of Your mercy , and You are not in need of his torment . If he/she was pious then increase his/her rewards and if he/she was a transgressor then pardon him/her.

Allaahumma 'abduka wabnu 'amatika ihtaaja 'ilaa rahmatika, wa 'Anta ghaniyyun 'an 'athaabihi, 'in kaana muhsinan fazid fee hasanaatihi, wa 'in kaana musee'an fatajaawaz 'anhu.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.
:salam:
~May Allah swt placed him among the best muslims in Jannah~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam

all4islam

Walikum Salam Wa Rahmatuillahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Inna illlahi wa inna illahi raji'un

Really sorry to hear..May Allah grant him Jannah and forgive him .Ameen